Problems with the board

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Icarus
_Emeritus

Re: Problems with the board

Post by _Icarus »

Lemmie wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:44 pm
Aww, the baby is confused! You said you wouldn’t be viewing my words anymore!
“Why did you just break your word? You cannot be trusted!”

Good grief. No wonder you have to continue reiterating your self-importance. Enough.
That's right, play the role as the clueless teenager still in high school. The ignorance card doesn't help you at all.

You're the one who said I would be ignored, and I assumed that if I'm on ignore, your posts won't show up on my feed. Obviously you didn't put me on ignore as you said, because you have no self control, and following your logic this makes you a dishonest fiend who cannot be trusted! God help us if you ever decide to run a forum! Who knows what kind of depravity that could lead to.
"One of the hardest things for me to accept is the fact that Kevin Graham has blonde hair, blue eyes and an English last name. This ugly truth blows any arguments one might have for actual white supremacism out of the water. He's truly a disgrace." - Ajax
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

Icarus wrote: ...But then again, this is the same person who took my photo off the web and had it framed.

:confused:
I haven’t read Icarus’ last two posts, but I did note that he removed the link from his original post that I quoted above. I wonder why?

If you go to the link you will find a thread started by someone using his real name ( a real name that Icarus says was NEVER revealed here*) with a serious health concern. Note that the second, third and fifth posts in the thread are comments of support from three people currently being disparaged by Icarus in this thread.

*(ETA: speaking of the name, what Icarus said was “ No, I have never once disclosed my in real life name in any of my posts.” Rather facetious, given one of his sock puppets, noted in the link HE provided and which he said contained HIS picture, actually uses his real name.)

On page two, there are two more posts of support from Jersey Girl, the second one quoted here:
Jersey Girl wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:31 pm
Kevin Graham wrote:Thanks everyone.

I'm flying to Brazil on Monday and will have surgery next week. After they remove the mass and we get the results from pathology, we'll know more. Hopefully it isn't the kind of cancer that spreads. If it is, they'll scan the rest of my body to determine if I need chemo or radiation treatment.
I'm happy to see a post from you. Over the years, whenever I am at odds with you, I've come to feel like I'm fighting with my kid brother. That's only a statement on our ages, not intended to demean you, and I feel that way about a couple of other posters that we know as well. I know that you know that there is never any animosity involved. So, if you don't mind a little sisterly advice from one who has gone toe to toe with you, here goes.

One thing I have never seen you do in all these years is be perfectly gracious to anyone. So don't be gracious now.

Take the gloves off, come out swinging, and kick it's ____ ass, Kevin.

You are a fighter.
From page three on, Jersey Girl posted an additional 5 or 6 supportive posts, including the one from the link Icarus posted but then inexplicably removed:
Jersey Girl wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:14 pm
See now here's how Kevin Graham thinks. He puts up a muscle selfie with a ton of Facebook comments and he thinks I'm going to actually read the comments with that pic in my face. Not today, buddy. I'm framing that ____. :wink:
Kevin Graham wrote:Thanks Jersey Girl. It is funny you should say all of this... from last week:

[image removed]
Get down there and ____ up that cancer, brother and I'll keep the pic.

;-)
Now we come to this thread. Posted by Icarus:
icarus wrote:As far as I can tell, you've never contributed anything of value to any meaningful debate on neither Mormonism nor socio-economics issues.
Icarus clearly has missed a number of interesting socio-economic discussions! He also currently seems to be missing an understanding of what brings value and meaning to life.
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

Just hoping to get this thread back on track, here is the last from Shades, I think, with Kishkumen’s excellent point:
Kishkumen wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:25 pm
Temp. Admin. wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:17 am

Keene Maverick and "Mav" are two different people. The latter is the nickname of the board's legal owner; the former is the guy whom the latter entrusted with solving the board's technical issues whenever they arose. Unfortunately, due to various reasons, Keene hasn't been able to fulfill that role for quite some time, and although he's not dead--I talked to him on the phone a number of months ago--he's still unable. Therefore, for board purposes, Keene no longer plays any part.

It's entirely up to Mav to relinquish the domain name and allow us to replicate everything in the database on a new server. The reason I haven't bothered to detail any of the e-mail-based discussions regarding salvaging/saving the board is because A) nothing is set-in-stone yet, B) I don't want to get anyone's hopes up, and C) I don't know how much the others wish to disclose regarding either their identities or their involvement.
Thanks, Shades. I hope someone is able to approach Mav about the offer on the table soon, so that the process can move forward to the next step. I would really like to see a resolution, as I am sure you and many other people here do.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Scrolling. I don't have time to read everything much less respond just now. Skimming through some comments I did see..

Framing means wrapping a post in quotes to save it for whatever reason. If you could search on the words "framing", "frame" or "framed" here, you'd see how often I do that. I've been doing that for 20 years.

I recall one single event wherein I asked anyone to post on a thread I was on here. That was years ago. Go through the member's list and see if "Craig C" still appears as a screen name here. You'll see the result of my request. I have however, asked a few posters here to throw in on RFM and I believe it was in defense of Don Bradley. Long time ago.

I typically do not communicate with posters behind the scenes when we're actively posting on a thread at the same time. Personal policy. I"m pretty damned cold about it. If someone tries to contact me regarding an active discussion, I rarely ever answer them until the thread is over with.

I don't have time just now but you know, when I do, maybe I should go try to scout up some more "girlfriends". :lol:
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

I'll deal with a couple of things and if you think I'm going through that wall of obfuscation/narc word salad you posted today, you are completely out of your mind.

With regard to the framing remark. You are simply not of this world and wherever you are floating around "out there" in your head, you're doing it completely absent of any normal adult level insight.

A poster makes a statement in an attempt to inject a bit of levity to lift your spirits at a very heavy time, a moment of personal crisis, and you have twisted that in your warped version of reality to think it means that I actually, I dunno, nabbed your image and put it on a USB :lol: , trotted it over to Walmart :lol:, literally had it printed out, put it in an actual frame :lol: and did what with it?

Put it in my house? :lol:

Oh yes. I have framed photos of posters here all over the house. I worship them in fact. And when I can't get actual photos, I copy their Av's and frame those. It's kind of like Professor Slughorn in HP. And get this, no wait, when someone makes the "shelf" I take them off one at a time, sleep with them under my pillow but only after I've given them a little kiss first. Or you know, if I get pissed at one of you I take the photo outside (after taking it out of the frame, of course, because I'm all kinds of frugal) and use it for target practice. No really. I do that sh-it. It's my only sport!

What universe do you live in?

Like I said. I use the term framing, framed, and frame when I wrap a post in quotes because I want to save it for some reason.

Spoiler Alert: I was JOKING with you. :rolleyes:
Chinese Proverb
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

You said you'd put me on ignore! Why did you just break your word?
Copy and paste the post where she said she was putting you on ignore. Show me her words.
Chinese Proverb
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Lemmie wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:46 am
Icarus wrote: that is really all this is about which is why you needed to recruit one of your girlfriends to come in here to support your BS about me. Lemmie shows up on the Spirit Paradise forum, out of the blue, for the first time in probably years, just to vote in support of your accusations against me and then she leaves - hardly a coincidence.
Lol what utter ____. First time in years? I’ve posted dozens of times this summer alone in Paradise, and even started a thread in July. I’ve read this thread since the beginning before your nonsense started up. You have zero credibility with me, but what’s most laughable is your narcissism.

I posted here because you bragged about outing someone, at the same time discussing wanting to own the board. That’s too big of a problem to let go unnoticed. Your last post is even worse.
I don't lash out at people I don't know or have never met
Except when you do, right?
Oh yes. I regularly recruit posters to come "here to support" my "BS" about you. Yes. I do that all the time. I gather up my "girlfriends" and "the boys" or some sh-it and you know, they show up just like clockwork because they're all at my beckon call. No really. I've got a whole army going on around here.

For the record. I recruit exactly no one to come "here to support" anything I engage in on this board though as I mentioned I did once ask an outsider to make a statement on my behalf several years ago, he registered here and he did so. One time. One post. It was a response to Porter who was mocking me for what he thought was my lack of knowledge regarding Mormonism.
Last edited by Google Feedfetcher on Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chinese Proverb
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

You keep whining that I only target you with objections and try to make it look like I object when I see that only a selective few are being subject to violations made by you. You know, "the boys".

I have objected to what I see as violations regarding in real life against: Faqs, Cam, Ajax18, Jason Bourne, and I do know that I've seen violations that were modified by mods only after they were modified, and those were involving subgenius. Now with Ajax18 it was a matter of a different board he was alleged to have posted on. That, too, is covered under the board rules.

If you feel targeted by me on account of objections to your violations, then stop violating the rules and the people here.

You have proven to my satisfaction that if you had in real life on me or anyone else here, you'd reactively whip it out as soon as you were confronted with challenge. NOT because someone was "outing" you first. That is what you did last week. You'll do it again. And that type of thumbing your nose to confidentiality is the death knell to an online community.

Shades absolved you of guilt in one instance which was that of the mention of group communication. Here was the post wherein I raised the objection. It's just too damn bad that you chose to react before thinking as you so often do. You're doing it throughout the pages of this thread.

So what you are saying is that you are publicly disclosing privately gotten information about this board and three other posters that took place behind the scenes off the board. By my count that's four times you've done something like this on the board with alleged private information in the span of one week's time now.
See that mention of one week? As I indicated, you attempted to "out" another poster, three times in succession, without any attempt on the other poster's part to do that to you first. You aren't absolved of that.

Learn to read and think before you post. When you are faced with challenge you go into meltdown mode. You exercise no self control, you simply lose your mind and start shooting back regardless of what you are posting, because your only objective here is to "win" and you don't think twice about reaching down into your pile of dirt and attempting to throw someone's in real life back at them in order to intimidate so you can, in your mind, "win".

Shall I collect up how many times you used the word "win" or alluded to winning on just this very thread?

One more time. It doesn't matter if the material used in attempted "outing" is accurate or not. It is the attempt that violates the board rules.

You lying sack of warmed over pathological self-justifying monkey-sh-it.
Last edited by Google Feedfetcher on Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chinese Proverb
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

The Rules According to Icarus

1. Insult my family member and I'll attempt to "out" you.
2. Post my in real life and I'll attempt to "out" you.
3. Challenge me and I'll attempt to "out".

But if I myself owned a board, you would be banned. Because you know, I don't put up with that sh-it. Unless it's me doing the deed. But only if I feel like it.

Any fu-cking time I feel like it.
Chinese Proverb
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Lemmie wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:04 pm
Just hoping to get this thread back on track, here is the last from Shades, I think, with Kishkumen’s excellent point:
Kishkumen wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:25 pm

Thanks, Shades. I hope someone is able to approach Mav about the offer on the table soon, so that the process can move forward to the next step. I would really like to see a resolution, as I am sure you and many other people here do.
Kish also made mention of the board condition in his thread about Grindael. I still think we should be encouraging posters to register at the temp/back up board so we have that as a way to communicate should this board crash completely for some reason.
Chinese Proverb