Election Litigation Status

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Res Ipsa
God

Re: Election Litigation Scorecard

Post by Res Ipsa »

It’s done electronically in Federal Court.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:43 pm
Right. I have to reason that if someone isn’t doing the work for The Kraken it won’t get done. What else can explain the sheer level of incompetency that accompanied rElEaSinG tHe krAkEn?

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:24 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:43 pm
Right. I have to reason that if someone isn’t doing the work for The Kraken it won’t get done. What else can explain the sheer level of incompetency that accompanied rElEaSinG tHe krAkEn?

- Doc
No idea. Maybe she got cold feet about attacking the reputation of the Republican Governor and SOS during the current Senate runoff. Or she finally realized that most of her claims were nonsense in light of GA’s hand recount of ballots.
he/him

Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Friday updates:

PA: Trump v Bookhvar: a three judge panel denied the appeal of the trial judge’s denial of the motion to amend the complaint. The 21-page opinion was written by a Trump-appointed judge. The other two judges were appointed by Republicans.

Opinion: https://lawandcrime.com/2020-election/l ... sylvania/m

Johnson v. Benson: New suit for mandamus filed in MI Supreme Court by lawyers for the Thomas More Society. It asks the Court to direct that the MI legislature appoint the electors or, in the alternative, halt the certification process and appoint a special master to investigate.
Last edited by Res Ipsa on Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
he/him

Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

FOR AJAX AND SUBJENIUS:

“Charges of unfairness are serious. But calling an election unfair does not make it so. Charges require specific allegations and then proof. We have neither here.”

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

Or at slightly greater length:

Trump appointed judge writing opinion = "activist judicial machinery". Right ...
The Trump campaign lost another battle Friday in their attempt to prove mass fraud in the election, something thus far they've been unable to do. This time, the Third Circuit Court of Appeals denied the campaign's request for an injunction in Pennsylvania to undo the Keystone State's certification of its votes.

Trump-appointed Judge Stephanos Bibas, who wrote the opinion, said the campaign's arguments have no merit. Pennsylvania certified its election results last week, and the federal government's General Services Administration has allowed for the formal transition process to take place.

"Free, fair elections are the lifeblood of our democracy. Charges of unfairness are serious. But calling an election unfair does not make it so. Charges require specific allegations and then proof. We have neither here," Bibas wrote in his opinion.

Specifically, the Trump campaign objected that Pennsylvania's secretary of state and some counties restricted poll watchers and allowed voters to fix technical issues with mail-in ballots. Bibas rejected those claims.

"This case is not about whether those claims are true. Rather, the campaign appeals on a very narrow ground: whether the District Court abused its discretion in not letting the campaign amend its complaint a second time. It did not," Bibas wrote. "...Nor does the campaign deserve an injunction to undo Pennsylvania's certification of its votes. The campaign's claims have no merit. The number of ballots it specifically challenges is far smaller than the roughly 81,000-vote margin of victory. And it never claims fraud or that any votes were cast by illegal voters."

Trump campaign attorneys Jenna Ellis and Rudy Giuliani reacted to the decision on Twitter: "The activist judicial machinery in Pennsylvania continues to cover up the allegations of massive fraud. We are very thankful to have had the opportunity to present proof and the facts to the PA state legislature. On to the Supreme Court!"
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:53 pm
Friday updates:

PA: Trump v Bookhvar: a three judge panel denied the appeal of the trial judge’s denial of the motion to amend the complaint. The 21-page opinion was written by a Trump-appointed judge. The other two judges were appointed by Republicans.

Johnson v. Benson: New suit for mandamus filed in MI Supreme Court by lawyers for the Thomas More Society. It asks the Court to direct that the MI legislature appoint the electors or, in the alternative, halt the certification process and appoint a special master to investigate.
It looks like Powell’s GA lawsuit got filed, typos intact. https://Twitter.com/marceelias/status/1 ... 07814?s=21
he/him

Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:35 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:53 pm
Friday updates:

It looks like Powell’s GA lawsuit got filed, typos intact. https://Twitter.com/marceelias/status/1 ... 07814?s=21
Embarrassing. Some associate must have caught an earful.
Myth is misused by the powerful to subjugate the masses all too often.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Look. at. Giuliani's. Twitter.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Dr. Exiled, I think she only has one. Her practice is boutique appellate advocacy. https://www.federalappeals.com/
he/him