Problems with the board

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Re: Problems with the board

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Gadianton wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:41 pm
Oh, there is one sticky point that is money related that nobody would guess. I disclose this for the good of the community, and hopefully Dr. Shades won't take offense. Dr. Shades has a couple of quirks. One of those quirks is that he doesn't quite understand that people gladly pay for things that matter to them, and that make their life easier. Shades is so hell-bent against imposing a financial burden on anybody, that he can't bring himself to take 5$ from the wealthiest among us, even if that means forcing the person to suffer through hundreds or thousands of dollars worth of posting inefficiency and mental trauma dealing with either board problems or board uncertainty as indirect or intangible costs.
Well then.

Yea verily! Let him who has ears to hear and eyes to see, draw near!

And the Jersey Girl saith, "Let us build us a board in the image of the ancient one and invite him to be our tribal leader, our founder and visionary, and bestow him the keys after it is built." And Lo! The techs did build them a board in the image of the ancient one. And when it was built, they saw that it was good. And it came to pass that the posters they did enter the board, one by one, male and female, they did enter. And Shades did come to stand at the gates as Founder and Visionary, and Guardian forever and ever. Amen.

These are the Chronicles of Mormon Discussions.

Thus spake the Jersey Girl
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Have you guys made any progress on this?

I also want to know if new members can join the board as it stands. The reason I ask is because the front page indicates a "newest member" who registered here back in Feb. Are we open to new members or not right now?
Chinese Proverb
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:52 am
Have you guys made any progress on this?

I also want to know if new members can join the board as it stands. The reason I ask is because the front page indicates a "newest member" who registered here back in Feb. Are we open to new members or not right now?
I remember reading somewhere that the new member joining function was broken.

There needs to be several people in charge so that eventually the failure of the original NOM site does not repeat itself when the proprietor leaves/develops user failure. MD poster Hagoth could tell you much more about this issue.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Temp. Admin.
_Emeritus

Post by _Temp. Admin. »

That’s correct, The recent problems have also rendered us unable to add new members.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Temp. Admin. wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:53 pm
That’s correct, The recent problems have also rendered us unable to add new members.
Can we just move forward with a new board then? And then drag this content with us later like Gad suggested might be possible to do?

Can we DO something????

It doesn't sound like the prospects for repairing this board are good or are they? Can we please DO something to move the needle on this?
Chinese Proverb
_Temp. Admin.
_Emeritus

Post by _Temp. Admin. »

Yes. People can, and people are. It can’t be done overnight, though.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Temp. Admin. wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:51 am
Yes. People can, and people are.
Any details to sate our curiosity?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace