do I understand the definition of a woman?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Doctor Steuss
God

Re: do I understand the definition of a woman?

Post by Doctor Steuss »

Movie trivia: One of these actresses from For Your Eyes Only has a Y chromosome.

doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Markk wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 12:11 pm
You naïvely chose to somehow make an argument that biological males with a very rare disease where they have undeveloped male genitals are somehow a biological woman
I am not saying that at all Markk! I am simply asking you to explain things. And why are you ignoring the fact that the "underdeveloped male genitals" are a tumor-like organ somewhere in the belly? But seriously Markk, is a person with complete androgen insensitivity look more like a man or a woman? Assume no surgery or any kind of intervention, just imagine one naked.
Markk wrote:
And after all this, after the discussion has gone full circle you can only offer ad-hom gibberish and cannot even offer a summery and conclusion for your argument.
Markk, I am not making an argument at all. :lol: The only argument I make is that you suck at explaining things.
Markk wrote:
You have asked me question after question and I have answered them, yet like others here avoid answering counter questions, and in my opinion it is because once you are out of your assigned talking point comfort zone…you are confused and lost in regards to the topic. But i will attempt now to ask a few questions… Are you a biological male and a man?
You only answer the questions you want. I asked you, is a true gonadal intersex person a biological man or a biological woman?
Markk wrote:
standard dictionaries….is that a woman is a “adult female human being.”
And what is an adult female human being? Please don't give me circular reasoning.
Markk wrote:
Are you a biological male and a man?
Of course.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
Markk
1st Quorum of 70

Post by Markk »

Chap wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 4:55 pm
Markk wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 4:27 pm
So then my point stand that this is nothing more than redefining what a woman is…which is exactly what I said.
Nope. It's not about someone 'redefining' a word as if they were passing a law saying "X used to mean Y, but from now on it means Z". That's not how words get new meanings.

Rather, the meanings of words change as people begin to change the way they use them. That is happening to the word "woman" at the moment. Markk can of course continue to use the word in question any way he wants to. But as the years go by, he is going to find himself looking a bit old-fashioned.
Well, I never said anything about law. It is about a loud voice in society redefining the definition of a woman. What is sad, is that it marginalizes others, in this case a biological woman, and we are seeing that is women's sports. Words get new meanings for different reasons…some just assimilate, others are politically charged as what we are seeing with in context of this thread. Changing the way “we” use them is much deeper than your general assertion, there are real reasons why “we” use them differently.

There are real talking points by political parties, and this subject is a talking point from the left…there is no doubt about it…this didn’t just assimilate to this point, it is a politically promoted talking point…you can see what happened when DT got past the talking points and had to try to force a disease into a prooftext of sorts. Folks here did not just decide this on their own…they heard it preached , googled it on left wing websites, and then followed the talking points.

Are you a biological man, or a biological woman?
Last edited by Markk on Wed May 11, 2022 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Markk
1st Quorum of 70

Post by Markk »

DT wrote…I am not saying that at all Markk! I am simply asking you to explain things. And why are you ignoring the fact that the "underdeveloped male genitals" are a tumor-like organ somewhere in the belly? But seriously Markk, is a person with complete androgen insensitivity look more like a man or a woman? Assume no surgery or any kind of intervention, just imagine one naked.

LOL Nonsense…you have no idea what you are talking about and now making things up…this has gone for how many pages? And the in the belly tumor is just another lame straw-man you just started.

A male fetus that contracts CAIS, has herniated testicles…which if left alone could lead to cancer for the person, whether they chose to identify either as a male of a female. They can be surgically removed or an operation can forward their male genitalia.

With CAIS…their genitalia looks female outwardly, but their vagina is one that is called “blind ending,” meaning is is just outwardly and why surgery is often required if they choose to identify as female, which most do, so a penis can have full penetration. But, they are still biologically males…and their body’s are generally taller, in that they are biologically men. That is why with PAIS…different treatments are needed to adjust their bodies depending on what they might choose to identify as…and depending on choice of identification in CAIS, life long treatments might be required. You have clearly not read anything about this. I had never heard of it before you mentioned it, but I have read about this semi exhaustively in general “papers,” and it is apparent you have not even tried to understand the disease.

All fetuses start out phenotypically female, and in regards to their sexual organs, those affected with CAIS and PAIS do not receive the hormones that normally develop into male sexual organs, but remain at different stages of development depending the seriousness of the disease.
Markk
1st Quorum of 70

Post by Markk »

DT wrote..You only answer the questions you want. I asked you, is a true gonadal intersex person a biological man or a biological woman?
I did answer that in that it appears it is a issue with a fetus being affected by pesticides. And I asked what you point was in those regards? Finding Rae disease and mutations cause by pesticides in not a very good argument for whatever position you are a champion for. You won’t offer a summary or conclusion for your assertions, because you obviously don’t have a position but just a talking point…but I have patience.
Markk
1st Quorum of 70

Post by Markk »

And what is an adult female human being? Please don't give me circular reasoning.
A woman. It is a biological woman….if healthy, a woman that can reproduce and carry forward all the traits or a woman naturally without any medical help.
Markk
1st Quorum of 70

Post by Markk »

Of course.
Why? What make you a biological male?
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 7:01 pm
Movie trivia: One of these actresses from For Your Eyes Only has a Y chromosome.

I am dying over here.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Markk wrote:
are somehow a biological woman
To be very clear, I did NOT say that. I do think that a person with complete androgen insensitivity is a biological male who has a vagina, a clitoris, female breasts, and tumor-like underdeveloped testicles somewhere in the belly.

So answer my question, Is a true gonadal intersex person a biological man or a biological woman?
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 3:22 am
Is a true gonadal intersex person a biological man or a biological woman?
Dude.