Gas prices

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.

Gas Price Increases...

Total votes: 0

_ludwigm
_Emeritus

Post by _ludwigm »

JAK wrote:It has been observed that all transfer of wealth is theft.
Without a doubt, oil is big business.

Especially, when one can even make a war for it.
- Whenever a poet or preacher, chief or wizard spouts gibberish, the human race spends centuries deciphering the message. - Umberto Eco
- To assert that the earth revolves around the sun is as erroneous as to claim that Jesus was not born of a virgin. - Cardinal Bellarmine at the trial of Galilei
_Angus McAwesome
_Emeritus

Post by _Angus McAwesome »

Depending on where you go, gas is between $3.74-$3.99 a gallon here in Huntsville, AL.

ludwigm wrote:Especially, when one can even make a war for it.

Same can be said for pretty much any resource.
I was afraid of the dark when I was young. "Don't be afraid, my son," my mother would always say. "The child-eating night goblins can smell fear." Bitch... - Kreepy Kat
_Sam Harris
_Emeritus

Post by _Sam Harris »

Gas is an average of about $4.15 over here. But I hate the bus, so I'll deal. Plus we have only one car...
Each one has to find his peace from within. And peace to be real must be unaffected by outside circumstances. -Ghandi
_The Nehor
_Emeritus

Post by _The Nehor »

Working from home has never been so cost-effective. Glad I got this job before the price spiked.
"Surely he knows that DCP, The Nehor, Lamanite, and other key apologists..." -Scratch clarifying my status in apologetics
"I admit it; I'm a petty, petty man." -Some Schmo
_skippy the dead
_Emeritus

Post by _skippy the dead »

I filled up at $4.56 yesterday, and was glad to find the bargain.

I've been reducing errands that I run, consolidating as many as possible. I also do shopping at stores closer to home, rather than at ones I prefer. I don't drive down to my mom's as often (it would be at least $20 in gas for the drive). So yeah, it's made a difference here.
I may be going to hell in a bucket, babe / But at least I'm enjoying the ride.
-Grateful Dead (lyrics by John Perry Barlow)
_JAK
_Emeritus

Oil Price and Iraqi War

Post by _JAK »

Angus McAwesome wrote:Depending on where you go, gas is between $3.74-$3.99 a gallon here in Huntsville, AL.

ludwigm wrote:Especially, when one can even make a war for it.

Same can be said for pretty much any resource.

Yes.

Of course we (in the USA) were told by Donald Rumsfeld that: The war will pay for itself with Iraqi oil. Such could not have been further from the reality.
_Angus McAwesome
_Emeritus

Re: Oil Price and Iraqi War

JAK wrote:Of course we (in the USA) were told by Donald Rumsfeld that: The war will pay for itself with Iraqi oil. Such could not have been further from the reality.

Seriously, you can track the current price of oil's sharp rise back to our initially invasion of Iraq. Just prior to the invasion oil priced where in the mid to upper $20s per barrel, we invade and the price jumped into the high $30s/low $40s and has only really gone up since. Five years later and here we are with oil at $140. So if you voted for Bush in 2004, do me and the rest of the free world a favor...

Ball up your fist and punch yourself in the crotch. Not a little love tap either, I mean hit yourself as hard as you can and keep doing it until you've permanently destroyed your ability to reproduce. Hopefully this advice catches you before you've had the chance to have kids and thus raise the next generation of republitard to screw up our country. if not, consider some Jonestown Punch.
I was afraid of the dark when I was young. "Don't be afraid, my son," my mother would always say. "The child-eating night goblins can smell fear." Bitch... - Kreepy Kat
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

The Nehor wrote:Working from home has never been so cost-effective. Glad I got this job before the price spiked.

I hear that!

When I was teaching at the college, I had a one hour commute each way. I was spending roughly $200 per month in gas BEFORE the gas prices completely skyrocketed.

Being on sabbatical and working in my home studio is a HUGE blessing at the moment!
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

Angus McAwesome wrote:
JAK wrote:Of course we (in the USA) were told by Donald Rumsfeld that: The war will pay for itself with Iraqi oil. Such could not have been further from the reality.

Seriously, you can track the current price of oil's sharp rise back to our initially invasion of Iraq. Just prior to the invasion oil priced where in the mid to upper $20s per barrel, we invade and the price jumped into the high $30s/low $40s and has only really gone up since. Five years later and here we are with oil at $140. So if you voted for Bush in 2004, do me and the rest of the free world a favor...

Ball up your fist and punch yourself in the crotch. Not a little love tap either, I mean hit yourself as hard as you can and keep doing it until you've permanently destroyed your ability to reproduce. Hopefully this advice catches you before you've had the chance to have kids and thus raise the next generation of republitard to screw up our country. if not, consider some Jonestown Punch.

You don't feel strongly about this issue, do you?

;)

Obama '08
_Angus McAwesome
_Emeritus

liz3564 wrote:You don't feel strongly about this issue, do you?

Oh no, couldn't care about it at all, Miss Liz... ;)

I just love to hear republitards complain about high gas prices and not a single one of them can understand that by reelecting Bush the essentially guaranteed that the price would continue to rise. Critical thinking (let face it, ANY thinking) isn't exactly something the average GOP supporter is known for. After all, we are talking about a party with a majority of supporters consisting of poor white trash and complacent suburbanite morons with a sprinkling of rich old white guys to run things. Don't blame the Arabs, don't blame the Chinese, don't blame OPEC or greedy oil companies (which are among the GOP's top supporters, go figure). Blame dumbass middle, beer swilling, NASCAR loving, card carrying GOP Americans for being stupid, complacent, and/or greedy enough to fall for the same lame crap twice.

Either way though, I ride my Harley around most places, so the gas prices don't hurt me near as bad as most people.

liz3564 wrote:Obama '08

He's a bad motha fu..

SHUT YO MOUF!

Baby, I'm just talking 'bout Obama...

We can dig it!