Protect Us From This Dangerous President

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Re: Protect Us From This Dangerous President

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

subgenius wrote:But think about this, Cleveland scored more runs than Chicago during the World Series, but Chicago won.

This is actually a really good analogy for a Presidential election. It doesn't matter who scores the most runs over a series, but rather who scores the most wins.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Chap
_Emeritus

Post by _Chap »

Chap, purely factually and soberly wrote:Three million more Americans voted for Clinton than voted for Trump. However, because of the way the electoral college system works, Trump became President. That's a simple fact. It's true, irrespective of the age or status of the person who states it. That's what facts are like.

Chap wrote:
Why do you let people wind you up in this way? Can't you ever resist it?

Mayan Elephant wrote:
that may be a reasonable question if it was not asked by the source of the stupidity to be resisted.

You're getting the point. If subgenius had a little self-command, he would just ignore the provocation of being reminded that Trump did not win the popular vote, although he did become president through the operation of the electoral college.

Because he can't, he gets reminded of the facts stated above quite often, just to see him perform.
Zadok:
I did not have a faith crisis. I discovered that the Church was having a truth crisis.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
_Mayan Elephant
_Emeritus

Post by _Mayan Elephant »

Chap wrote:
You're getting the point. If subgenius had a little self-command, he would just ignore the provocation of being reminded that Trump did not win the popular vote, although he did become president through the operation of the electoral college.

Because he can't, he gets reminded of the facts stated above quite often, just to see him perform.

no. you're being a disingenuous ass, actually. he calls it childish. i call it assholery.

again. when you are providing the provocation, purely for assholery, you really have no place to point out the reaction it may generate.

and more, you misstated the facts. trump is president because he won the election. he came in first. he won the contest. he did not lose but become president because of an operation. your suggestion is just dumb and, in a forum, it is normal to have dumb things pointed out and provocation rejected.
"Rocks don't speak for themselves" is an unfortunate phrase to use in defense of a book produced by a rock actually 'speaking' for itself... (I have a Question, 5.15.15)
_Kevin Graham
_Emeritus

Post by _Kevin Graham »

subgenius wrote:yeah, because not being able to grasp the simple understanding for how the winner is determined (a.k.a. having no clue why President is not a popular election) is smart.

(spolier alert - Kevin Graham does not really understand what an analogy is and how they are used)

We know how the winner is determined you stupid “F”, that was never questioned. What's being questioned are your idiotic analogies.
Last edited by YahooSeeker [Bot] on Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
_Kevin Graham
_Emeritus

Post by _Kevin Graham »

and more, you misstated the facts. trump is president because he won the election. he came in first. he won the contest. he did not lose but become president because of an operation. your suggestion is just dumb and, in a forum, it is normal to have dumb things pointed out and provocation rejected.

Hey ____ #2, what facts did he misstate? Go ahead and point out where anyone has denied Trump won the election or the electoral college. Until you do, we'll just take it for granted that you're both childish and an assholer.

Here's a novel concept that may cause your brain to hemorrhage: Donald Trump won the electoral college because he got more electoral votes, and he got more electoral votes because three states barely swung his way after more late deciders went his way after the Comey letters were released.

To sit there and say Comey couldn't have had anything to do with the outcome simply because Trump got more electoral votes is about the stupidest thing anyone's said on a forum.
_Kevin Graham
_Emeritus

Post by _Kevin Graham »

Mayan Elephant wrote:maybe chap and Kevin Graham would feel better if Hillary got a trophy.

“F” Hillary and Screw you. I'm more concerned about where our Country is headed while idiots like you and subgenius are laughing and jerking each other off.
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

Kevin Graham wrote:
subgenius wrote:yeah, because not being able to grasp the simple understanding for how the winner is determined (a.k.a. having no clue why President is not a popular election) is smart.

(spolier alert - Kevin Graham does not really understand what an analogy is and how they are used)

We know how the winner is determined you stupid ____, that was never questioned. What's being questioned are your idiotic analogies.

Kevin, a friendly word of advice..... type more slowly and perhaps it will help subgenius grasp things a little better........ :wink:
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_Mayan Elephant
_Emeritus

Post by _Mayan Elephant »

Kevin Graham wrote:What's being questioned are your idiotic analogies.

oh. the one that says scoring more runs does not determine the champion in a 7 game series? the one that says winning more games determines the victor, not runs scored.

yeah that is crazy as crap. crazy that you can't see any parallels or applications of that analogy. it is almost as if you still believe that runs scored determines the winner but the operation of counting games won was disappointingly honored.
"Rocks don't speak for themselves" is an unfortunate phrase to use in defense of a book produced by a rock actually 'speaking' for itself... (I have a Question, 5.15.15)
_Chap
_Emeritus

Post by _Chap »

Chap wrote:Three million more Americans voted for Clinton than voted for Trump. However, because of the way the electoral college system works, Trump became President. That's a simple fact. It's true, irrespective of the age or status of the person who states it. That's what facts are like.

Mayan Elephant wrote:...

Which of these two facts, stated above by me, is wrong?

(a) Three million more Americans voted for Clinton than voted for Trump.
(b) Because of the way the electoral college system works, Trump became President.

Donald Trump became the president of the US by the due operation of the legal processes laid down in the Constitution. The Constitution set up rules for the structuring and decision-making of the electoral college which made it possible for someone to become president even if they get less total votes than their opponent. (Indeed, some time ago subgenius told us at length how clever the Founding Fathers were, since 'by candlelight' they thought up this mechanism, which, he said, preserved the US from 'mob rule' - the latter being the term he uses to describe a situation where the majority of voters get the president they voted for.)

You have a problem with any of that? It's all true, isn't it?
Zadok:
I did not have a faith crisis. I discovered that the Church was having a truth crisis.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

FE is a troll, guys. You're feeding a troll.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.