We Need More Immigrants, not Fewer

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: We Need More Immigrants, not Fewer

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Any time Xanax posts on a thread:

- Doc
Last edited by Doctor CamNC4Me on Sun Jan 28, 2024 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

ajax18 wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:17 pm
Chap wrote:
If so, why do you keep criticising Biden's border policy? He is being a lot more effective than Trump, isn't he?
Effective border policy would have been remain in Mexico that Biden rescinded on his first day of office.
This only pertains only to those who show up at ports of entrance to file for asylum! You seem to be completely oblivious to anything regarding the border. You're not even aware that the "Remain in Mexico" policy had been in effect for most of the Biden administration. It was implemented again in December of 2021:

U.S. will resume 'Remain in Mexico' policy for asylum-seekers

You seem to think "Remain in Mexico" was some kind of magic spell that once cast, somehow miraculously forced all illegal immigrants to stop trying to cross over.
Effective border enforcement is not seeing 6 million illegal immigrants (that we know about) enter the country.
Illegal immigrants have been, and will always be crossing our borders. There is nothing we can do to make sure 100% aren't successful. They were crossing over when Trump was in office and even crawling under his idiotic border wall. The reason more are successful lately is because the border has been bombarded by record numbers and we don't have the resources available to help Border Patrol, and the reason we don't is because Republicans are enjoying every minute of this. They enjoy watching babies get sliced up by razor wire and booby-trapped buoys in the river.
Just because policemen are making more arrests doesn't mean the border is being enforced.
That's exactly what it means you dimwit.
The border is being enforced when there are no illegal immigrants in the country, period!
So by your own definition Trump never enforced the border.
And this could have been done long ago. It should have been done long ago according to democratic established law. But once again we see our government is controlled by big corporations, big government, and big money, not the American citizen.
More importantly, the majority of America consists of Christians who share Christian values such as compassion and love towards all mankind, particularly our neighbors. Unfortunately this doesn't typically include Republicans or folks who live over at Stormfront.
Veritas's entire argument is so ridiculous. First he points out what he really believes which is that we need more unskilled labor imported from the 3rd world.
Absolutely we do, and this is undeniable. We have a massive labor shortage like we haven't seen since WWII.
This is not a merit based immigration system but rather based on who is willing to break the law and invade the country.
It is always merit based. If someone gets hired and continues to get hired it is because they worked harder and do a better job. You're pissed off because you want only "true blood" American born citizens to have a monopoly on all labor. You don't really believe in free labor markets at all. You feel entitled, and it drives you nuts.
After suing Arizona, Texas, and fighting President Trump at every turn to keep the border open and unenforced, they try to tell us that they'll "shut down" the border if we just sign away the American taxpayer to more debt for Ukraine, even though they are campaigning on the idea that border enforcement is racist and immoral.
Don't pretend for a second that you've read any of those court documents or understand why there were court cases and what was being argued. It had nothing whatsoever to do with "enforcing the border." The border is always being enforced. Its just that Biden does a better job of it than Trump.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

BREAKING: Senate border deal details, per source familiar I just had a call with.

- Mandatory detention of all single adults.

- Mandatory “shut down” of border once average daily migrant encounters hits 5,000. Importantly, this 5,000 number includes 1,400 CBP One app entries at ports of entry per day, and roughly 3,600 illegal crossings per day.

- How is that enforced? Once the 5,000 threshold is hit, a new authority is codified into law that requires Border Patrol to immediately remove illegal immigrants they catch without processing. They would not get to request asylum, they would immediately be removed. This includes removals back to Mexico, and deportations to home countries. This would be a *massive* change from current policy, which is that once an illegal immigrant reaches US soil, they must be processed via Title 8 and allowed to claim asylum. Under this new authority – they are not processed, and they are mandatorily immediately removed once the “shut down” threshold is reached.

- This “shut down” also takes effect if there are 8,500 migrant encounters in a single day.

- The “shut down” would not lift the next day. It wouldn’t lift until daily encounters are reduced to under 75% of the 5,000 threshold for at least two weeks. This means the “shut down” authority would not lift until two weeks of an average of less than 3,750 migrant encounters per day.

- Some family units will be released with ATD (Alternatives to Detention, ankle monitors etc).

- New removal authority to immediately remove all migrants who do not have valid asylum claims, which will be determined within 6 months rather than the years long process we have right now.

- Any migrant caught trying to cross twice during “shut down” phase would be banned from entering US for one year.

- US will need agreement with Mexico for MX to take back non Mexican illegal immigrants. This hasn't been ironed out yet.

- President Biden approves of the deal and is ready to sign it as is, right now, and implement the new authority it would give him.

https://x.com/BillMelugin_/status/17510 ... 41958?s=20
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Vēritās wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2024 10:27 pm
Don't pretend for a second that you've read any of those court documents or understand why there were court cases and what was being argued. It had nothing whatsoever to do with "enforcing the border." The border is always being enforced. Its just that Biden does a better job of it than Trump.
And would do an even better job of it if MAGA Republicans would stop adamantly opposing out of hand any suggestions, no matter how meritorious, that could improve the situation, no matter who proposes it, because (by their own unabashed admission) Trump wants the situation to remain as deplorable as possible as long as the Biden administration remains in power, for the sole purpose of being able to use it to pretend that Biden and his administration refuse to do anything about it.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Veritas wrote:
More importantly, the majority of America consists of Christians who share Christian values such as compassion and love towards all mankind, particularly our neighbors. Unfortunately this doesn't typically include Republicans or folks who live over at Stormfront.
There is nothing Christian about being generous with other people's earnings. If open borders advocates were so Christan about it, they'd financially sponsor immigrants to come into the country legally. This is just the Biden administration illegally refusing to enforce congressionally established law. Cheap votes on the left and cheap labor on the right for the elites has left the border open and unenforced against the wishes of the American people for 50 years now.
You don't really believe in free labor markets at all. You feel entitled, and it drives you nuts.
A social welfare state that pays women to cross the border, have babies, and be rewarded with citizenship, free education, in state tuition, food stamps, SSI, free healthcare courtesy of the American taxpayer was never free market economics. And yes I do believe that my native born United States brethren come first. We call it loyalty and an America first agenda.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Doctor Steuss
God

Re: We Need More Immigrants not Fewer

Post by Doctor Steuss »

ajax18 wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:43 am
Why would Democrats be willing to enforce a new law on the books? Couldn't they just refuse to enforce it as they have the laws currently on the books?
What laws, on the books, are being violated and not enforced at all? Why aren't Republicans utilizing the courts to compel enforcement of said laws?
If the razor wire is so ineffective, why bother cutting it down?
This, right after feigning support for the law. Epic.

So, I guess the new MAGA ethos is, there should be no laws, because everyone will do whatever they want anyway. From the party of law and order, to the party of anarchy, in the twinkling of an eye.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

ajax18 wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2024 1:38 pm
There is nothing Christian about being generous with other people's earnings.
Oh so now that's how you're going to rationalize it? After bitching and moaning for years about YOUR tax dollars, now you want us to believe you're just acting on principle about how everyone else's tax dollars are being spent? Your comments are so rife with false premises like this one.
If open borders advocates were so Christan about it, they'd financially sponsor immigrants to come into the country legally.
Immigrants coming here don't need your sponsorship you moron, they're far more self reliant than people like you would ever be.
This is just the Biden administration illegally refusing to enforce congressionally established law.
This is a lie you tell yourself, but the evidence is overwhelming that Biden has been enforcing the law much better than Trump. Your standard that anything less 100% means "open borders" means Trump had open borders too. Nobody is dumb enough to believe illegal aliens never came here illegally during the Trump administration.
Cheap votes on the left and cheap labor on the right for the elites has left the border open and unenforced against the wishes of the American people for 50 years now.
Another idiotic lie you keep telling yourself. In one breath you idiots assure us Latinos and Black people are turning to vote Republican and then in the next breath you're 100% confident they're voting strictly Democrat.
You don't really believe in free labor markets at all. You feel entitled, and it drives you nuts.

A social welfare state that pays women to cross the border, have babies, and be rewarded with citizenship, free education, in state tuition, food stamps, SSI, free healthcare courtesy of the American taxpayer was never free market economics.
None of these people are "getting paid" you ignorant moron. Repeating the same BS to justify your racism doesn't somehow become truth via repetition.
And yes I do believe that my native born United States brethren come first. We call it loyalty and an America first agenda.
That's nationalism and a gateway to fascism. And has nothing to do with being a Christian. Only the dumbest Christian would convince themselves that God really gives a rat's ass what your citizenship was on earth.
Last edited by Vēritās on Mon Jan 29, 2024 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vēritās
God

Re: We Need More Immigrants not Fewer

Post by Vēritās »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:16 pm
ajax18 wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:43 am
Why would Democrats be willing to enforce a new law on the books? Couldn't they just refuse to enforce it as they have the laws currently on the books?
What laws, on the books, are being violated and not enforced at all? Why aren't Republicans utilizing the courts to compel enforcement of said laws?
If the razor wire is so ineffective, why bother cutting it down?
This, right after feigning support for the law. Epic.

So, I guess the new MAGA ethos is, there should be no laws, because everyone will do whatever they want anyway. From the party of law and order, to the party of anarchy, in the twinkling of an eye.
What Ajax and all the loonies on social media calling for civil war don't understand is that this was all Greg Abbott's doing. They want to believe Joe Biden sued Texas to prevent them from putting up razor wire, but that's not what happened. This is what happened.

1. Governor Abbott announced Operation Lone Star in 2021. This authorized certain counties to take measures to prevent illegal immigrants from crossing, and this included the use of razor wire and buoys that were described as containing "chainsaw devices."

2. According to a report from Human Rights Watch, between March 2021 and July 2023, "at least 74 people were killed and another 189 injured as the result of 49 pursuits by Texas troopers or local law enforcement, or both, in Operation Lone Star counties." So literally, their efforts to prevent women and their babies from crossing has led to some of them being brutally killed.

3. U.S. Border Patrol agents, by federal law, are allowed to access private property within 25 miles of the international border without a warrant. According to a report in SCOTUSBlog, Border Patrol agents cut and moved the razor wire installed by the Texas government, in order to apprehend and administer first aid to migrants. Can't really just leave them out there to bleed to death, though the "Christians" in Texas supporting this BS seem to think we should.

4. In response, Texas sued the federal government on the grounds that the agents had violated Texas state law by cutting or moving the wire. And on Dec. 19, 2023, the 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, which handles cases in Texas, Louisiana and Mississippi, issued an order preventing Border Patrol agents from tampering with the razor wire.

5. On Jan. 2, 2024, the Biden Administration asked the Supreme Court to review the decision, arguing that the razor wire prevented Border Patrol agents from performing their normal duties and that accepting the 5th Circuit Court's ruling meant that Texas state law would take precedent over federal law.

6. The Trump Supreme Court ruled 5-4 that the Biden Administration was correct and so now they are able to remove razor wire when necessary.

In response, MAGA world is doing their usual "poor me, my feelings matter more than facts, the world is coming to an end if another brown person steps on my lawn," schtick.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Incidentally, what Greg Abbott is doing now is illegal by denying Border Patrol access to Shelby Park, which they are legally allowed to access. Abbott's argument is that he declared Texas was at war because of an "invasion" and that it has a right to defend itself and that this right supersedes all federal laws.
I have already declared an invasion under Article I, § 10, Clause 3 to invoke Texas’s constitutional authority to defend and protect itself. That authority is the supreme law of the land and supersedes any federal statutes to the contrary. The Texas National Guard, the Texas Department of Public Safety, and other Texas personnel are acting on that authority, as well as state law, to secure the Texas border.
I mean his argument is so inane, it still doesn't explain why he would deny Border Patrol access when it is their duty to enforce the border. He is clearly trying to create a civil war, and it isn't going to go well for him anymore than it did the J6 insurrectionists.

Abbott issued a statement stating that "[t]he federal government has broken the compact between the United States and the States." Compact theory was championed by John C. Calhoun, one of the staunchest defenders of slavery. It essentially views states as "independent sovereigns" that are free to reject federal authority. It was used to justify the "nullification" of federal laws and, ultimately, secession from the union by Southern states.

Abbott should be arrested immediately.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »