Trump poised for a Coup?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
ajax18
God

Re: Trump poised for a Coup?

Post by ajax18 »

I remember Obama claiming Trump was going to steal the election by taking the mailboxes and kneecapping the post offices. It turns out the mail in votes were all counted. The coup will not happen either nor will anyone left of center look back at how wrong this prediction was when Trump leaves office.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:14 am
Got a little excited there! I did a thing! I talk all the time about how I live in the sticks. I got a nice pic today of my "sticks" and what I live with. If it weren't for examining Cam's previous posts with images I would have never learned how to do this!

This should be a nice mental break on the thread. This guy trapped me in the car when I got home earlier. I had to wait until he moved on before I could get out of the car so I snapped his photo! I was parked like 10-12 feet away from him.

This guy won't get out my back yard now. I believe he has claimed his territory and it is us.

:shock:
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

ajax18 wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:37 am
I remember Obama claiming Trump was going to steal the election by taking the mailboxes and kneecapping the post offices. It turns out the mail in votes were all counted. The coup will not happen either nor will anyone left of center look back at how wrong this prediction was when Trump leaves office.
No you don't remember that. Here's what Obama said:
“What we’ve never seen before is a president say, ‘I’m going to try to actively kneecap the Postal Service to [discourage] voting, and I will be explicit about the reason I’m doing it.’ That’s sort of unheard of,” Obama told David Plouffe, his 2008 campaign manager and longtime adviser, in an interview on Cadence13’s Campaign HQ podcast released Friday.
He also told Trump to quit whining.

And, no, not all the mail in votes were counted. Post office delays prevented ballots from being timely delivered in several states. https://www.pennlive.com/elections/2020 ... ities.html
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:32 am
ajax18 wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:37 am
No you don't remember that. Here's what Obama said:
“What we’ve never seen before is a president say, ‘I’m going to try to actively kneecap the Postal Service to [discourage] voting, and I will be explicit about the reason I’m doing it.’ That’s sort of unheard of,” Obama told David Plouffe, his 2008 campaign manager and longtime adviser, in an interview on Cadence13’s Campaign HQ podcast released Friday.
He also told Trump to quit whining.

And, no, not all the mail in votes were counted. Post office delays prevented ballots from being timely delivered in several states. https://www.pennlive.com/elections/2020 ... ities.html
There ya go again, confusing poor Ajax with actual knowledge...
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Hold on. Hold on. :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

Fake news...for 4 years...fake news. Now even Fox is fake news. And then what do you get? You get Trump news media outlet.

Right?

That slimy little con.

He'll take Hannity with him.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:23 am
Hold on. Hold on. :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

Fake news...for 4 years...fake news. Now even Fox is fake news. And then what do you get? You get Trump news media outlet.

Right?

That slimy little con.

He'll take Hannity with him.
Well they can grab each others pussy's, they'll really like that, I am sure......
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Just remember, Trump’s supporters don’t care about being lied to. You can point out the lies until you’re blue in the face, but it makes no difference to them. Why? Because it is just a game to them. The media lies, bloggers lie, politicians lie, it’s just all a bunch of lies. Facts don’t matter because those are lies also. Those trolls on Twitter, 4Chan, T_D, etc. are just having a good laugh. They are congratulating each other for being so smart. We are fools for still believing in anything. Government is just realpolitik, kompromat, self-serving, and inherently corrupt, and they’re making sure it stays that way under their management. Of course they think a coup has happened, because that’s what they’d do. We’re in a very dangerous moment, and I hope that as the courts kick the lawsuits out the current administration restrains itself from calling for an insurgency.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:55 pm
Just remember, Trump’s supporters don’t care about being lied to. You can point out the lies until you’re blue in the face, but it makes no difference to them. Why? Because it is just a game to them. The media lies, bloggers lie, politicians lie, it’s just all a bunch of lies. Facts don’t matter because those are lies also. Those trolls on Twitter, 4Chan, T_D, etc. are just having a good laugh. They are congratulating each other for being so smart. We are fools for still believing in anything. Government is just realpolitik, kompromat, self-serving, and inherently corrupt, and they’re making sure it stays that way under their management. Of course they think a coup has happened, because that’s what they’d do. We’re in a very dangerous moment, and I hope that as the courts kick the lawsuits out the current administration restrains itself from calling for an insurgency.

- Doc
Their amateur insurgency would be crushed. I think that would be quite educational...
MeDotOrg
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by MeDotOrg »

I'm not sure if this is the right place for the question, but if Trump were to go to jail, what happens to the Secret Service Protection normally afforded an ex-president? Does someone from the Treasury Department have to do time?
The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization.
- Will Durant
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

MeDotOrg wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:41 am
I'm not sure if this is the right place for the question, but if Trump were to go to jail, what happens to the Secret Service Protection normally afforded an ex-president? Does someone from the Treasury Department have to do time?
I think Trump would be assigned a squadron of trustees at Allenwood, with most being from the Certified Accountancy Brotherhood.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace