do I understand the definition of a woman?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Markk
1st Quorum of 70

Re: do I understand the definition of a woman?

Post by Markk »

Themis wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 10:37 pm
Markk wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 12:32 pm
It has softened in the sense of reasons why folks identify as a man and a woman…for obvious medical reasons.
It certainly explains why those with obvious differences from a typical biological male or female may result in different gender identities. I would not call them medical reasons since it suggests something is wrong with them and they are in need of medical treatment. in my opinion Nature likes diversity.

Now we know there is another group that you would say do not have any of these developmental conditions, but whose gender identity does not match their biological sex. Given that biological sex is a messy broad spectrum do you think there could be other biological chemistry here that may contribute to some people feeling their biological sex does not fit how the may identify their gender? I'm reminded of homosexuality and thinking why so many people from religious and cultural backgrounds that hated Homosexuality would be gay.

Most of these are very rare disorders and diseases, and many will need medical care and/or surgeries, some for their entire lives. This is a reality that can’t be ignored. Something is wrong… genetically…that is why they are called diseases, syndromes, and disorders. It is why many or most are on hormone therapy, it is why many need surgery’s to give them complete sex organs. It is why the most cannot normally father and mother new children. An dit is why researchers and scientists look for cures to these genetic diseases.
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Markk wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 1:02 am
Most of these are very rare disorders and diseases, and many will need medical care and/or surgeries, some for their entire lives. This is a reality that can’t be ignored
So answer the question Markk, how would Jesus heal a person with CAIS? Would a dick and normal balls grow all of the sudden?
Last edited by doubtingthomas on Wed May 25, 2022 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
Markk
1st Quorum of 70

Post by Markk »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 5:37 pm
Markk wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 12:17 pm
LOL…for someone that does not have a strong opinion, you sure share a strong opinion that what i write is wrong
I stated many times that I agree with your sources, so what the hell Markk?

My questions are NOT a personal attack, so please answer them.
Ephesians 5:22"Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church"

Let me ask you Markk, how exactly would Ephesians 5:22 apply to a married person with CAIS? Do you believe the Lord is cool with same sex marriage?

And a follow up question. How exactly would Jesus heal a person with CAIS who identifies as female?
LOL…you have personally attacked me several times DT, buts it’s okay, I know what I believe and why I believe it, and Iknow it comes from ignorance. I’m pretty much done going in circles with you…if you want to continue, give me your summery of what you have learned and what your opinion is on this subject, and in turn answer my questions for a while. It is a two way street for a honest discussion.

Thanks
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Markk wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 1:08 am
It is a two way street for a honest discussion.
You want to have a two way street discussion about topics I care about?

Let's have a debate on Evolution or climate change. How about that?
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Markk wrote:
I’m pretty much done going in circles with you
Of course, just admit you have no idea how to answer my questions :twisted:
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Markk wrote:
doubtingthomas wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 5:37 pm

I stated many times that I agree with your sources, so what the hell Markk?

My questions are NOT a personal attack, so please answer them.

LOL…you have personally attacked me several times DT, buts it’s okay, I know what I believe and why I believe it, and Iknow it comes from ignorance. I’m pretty much done going in circles with you…if you want to continue, give me your summery of what you have learned and what your opinion is on this subject, and in turn answer my questions for a while. It is a two way street for a honest discussion.

Thanks
Huh? You consistently ignored the information I supplied. You personally attacked me and refused to answer my follow up questions by outright dismissing them.

Hypocrite heal thy self.

Let us know when you know what a strawman fallacy is.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Markk
1st Quorum of 70

Post by Markk »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 1:22 am
Markk wrote:

Thanks
Huh? You consistently ignored the information I supplied. You personally attacked me and refused to answer my follow up questions by outright dismissing them.

Hypocrite heal thy self.

I will inclusively discuss this topic with you and the Hunter Biden issue, but first this topic, just you and I. I will, to keep or conversation inclusive, ignore everyone else’s comments and questions, just you and I Jersey Girl…

You have the first question…shoot?
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Markk wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 2:39 am
Jersey Girl wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 1:22 am

Hypocrite heal thy self.

I will inclusively discuss this topic with you and the Hunter Biden issue, but first this topic, just you and I. I will, to keep or conversation inclusive, ignore everyone else’s comments and questions, just you and I Jersey Girl…

You're joking.

Let me know when you know what inclusively means. :roll:
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Markk wrote:
your summery of what you have learned
I learned that "XX" is typically female and "XY" is typically male.

Now answer my questions Markk

1. How exactly would Ephesians 5:22 apply to a married person with CAIS?

2. Do you believe the Lord is cool with same sex marriage?

3. How would Jesus heal a person with CAIS who identifies as female? Would a dick and testicles magically appear?

Markk
1st Quorum of 70

Post by Markk »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 2:44 am
Markk wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 2:39 am

You're joking.

Let me know when you know what inclusively means. :roll:
Inclusive in this context….

Meaning just you and me in which we can discuss “everything” in regards to first, the definition of a woman and the wide spectrum/s of disorders, diseases, and syndromes of DSD’s…and of course, the Hunter Biden topic…which I clearly asked you to start with telling me about Mykola Zlochevsky on the other thread in which you declined.

Go first, ask me anything on these two topics you accuse me of not addressing, and you and I can “together” discuss and debate our different views?

Love ya!