Why the GOP embraces conspiracy theories and denialism

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
honorentheos
God

Re: Why the GOP embraces conspiracy theories and denialism

Post by honorentheos »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 4:01 pm
honorentheos wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 3:09 pm
You're overconfident in the ability to gain understanding from someone providing a summary. It's the exact opposite of what is needed to engage in critical thinking. Summaries don't yield understanding. They merely inform one what the subject may be.
Then please summarize the understanding I should have of it.
In summary, read the transcript or listen to the interview to gain a reasonable understanding of the topic of discussion. Rely on a summary to overlap your uninformed view with another persons biased takeaways to create an even more biased, less informed view of your own while adding the mistaken perception you now know something about the topic.
Brack
Deacon

Post by Brack »

And Lake is “alt-right”?
Lake isn't a traditional conservative.
Binger
God
Location: That's the difference. I actually have a Blue Heeler

Post by Binger »

Brack wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:01 pm
And Lake is “alt-right”?
Getting closer. And still missing the point. But certainly closer than we were.

Lake is not McCain nor like McCain.
Lake is not Romney nor like Romney.
Lake is not a traditional Neo Conservative like McCain, Romney, Bush, Cheney, McConnell and every other war apologist.

Whether you think Lake is riding the populist wave or leading it, she is clearly not here to blow smoke up McConnell/Schumer's collective ass nor is she here to stand for nothing like Romney and Cheney.

If you mean she isn't traditional, like the suits and costumes that keep us in wars, deficits and who want a borderless global state that gives our money, jobs and leverage to foreign kleptocrats, you are correct. She is definitely not appealing to the traditional neocons of the uniparty nor the republican party.
Hawkeye
2nd Counselor

Post by Hawkeye »

Gadianton wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 3:02 pm
Can I prove that there were enough falsified ballots to steal the 2020 election? No
It's worse than that, Ajax. You can't prove that a single ballot was falsified to steal the 2020 election for Biden. You can't provide a hypothetical scenario where that could have been accomplished. Try it, put your abilities to lie to the test and explain to us how it could happen. You've practiced a lot on this board. I don't mean provide a hypothetical scenario where enough votes were secured to steal the election for Biden, I mean provide a hypothetical example where " balllot harvesting, lying in the media, using COVID as an excuse to go around state laws on early voting and absentee ballots, weaponizing the justice department against Trump" could provide for a single falsified vote in favor of Biden.
I think the point is that for most of you on this board, Donald Trump is Orange Hitler, so whether it's banning the New York Post from Twitter for reporting the Hunter Biden laptop story calling it Russian disinformation, going out and collecting votes from nursing homes, etc. All that would be moral and good in your opinion because it's Donald Trump and how much you disagree with his politics. You have the means to do these things through the parts of government that you control. So why are you so surprised if people on the right wouldn't conclude that you probably did do some cheating given you had the opportunity to do so as well. What would have stopped you?
The best part about this is waiting four years to see how all the crazy apocalyptic predictions made by the fear mongering idiots in Right Wing media turned out to be painfully wrong...Gasoline would hit $10/gallon. Hyperinflation would ensue.
Veritas
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

Hawkeye wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 9:25 pm
... going out and collecting votes from nursing homes ...
What exactly do you mean by that? Should nursing home residents (assuming they are of sound mind) not vote?
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Chap wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 9:33 pm
Hawkeye wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 9:25 pm
... going out and collecting votes from nursing homes ...
What exactly do you mean by that? Should nursing home residents (assuming they are of sound mind) not vote?
Just in case you don’t wanna googz it:

https://www.factcheck.org/2022/07/unrav ... ome-votes/

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

I think the point is that for most of you on this board, Donald Trump is Orange Hitler,
He might not be Hitler, but he's the absolute criminally worst perpetrator of election fraud in the history of the country. So your accusations are just, you know, a spoilt kid screaming for mommy regarding any semi-realistic scenario that may involve a liberal somewhere.
so whether it's banning the New York Post from Twitter for reporting the Hunter Biden laptop story calling it Russian disinformation
Has nothing to do with election fraud. And to prove I'm not just biased, Fox news' hysterical selective reporting and fabricating isn't election fraud either.
going out and collecting votes from nursing homes, etc. All that would be moral and good in your opinion

If it's legal to collect votes from nursing homes, then why not do it? If it's illegal to collect votes from nursing homes, then it shouldn't be done. Do you think it's also morally wrong to bring groceries to people in nursing homes who can't get around on their own?
because it's Donald Trump and how much you disagree with his politics.

As an entitled liberal, why would I disagree with a person who spent 5.5 trillion in government money? He sent me a check for 2,400$ Ajax, personally signed by him, what's not to like about his politics as a liberal?
You have the means to do these things through the parts of government that you control.
The means to do what things? So far your example is collecting votes from nursing homes.
So why are you so surprised if people on the right wouldn't conclude that you probably did do some cheating given you had the opportunity to do so as well. What would have stopped you?
What opportunities are there to cheat? Collecting votes from nursing homes?
Binger
God
Location: That's the difference. I actually have a Blue Heeler

Post by Binger »

Gadianton wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 10:06 pm
I think the point is that for most of you on this board, Donald Trump is Orange Hitler,
He might not be Hitler, but he's the absolute criminally worst perpetrator of election fraud in the history of the country. So your accusations are just, you know, a spoilt kid screaming for mommy regarding any semi-realistic scenario that may involve a liberal somewhere.
so whether it's banning the New York Post from Twitter for reporting the Hunter Biden laptop story calling it Russian disinformation
Has nothing to do with election fraud. And to prove I'm not just biased, Fox news' hysterical selective reporting and fabricating isn't election fraud either.
going out and collecting votes from nursing homes, etc. All that would be moral and good in your opinion

If it's legal to collect votes from nursing homes, then why not do it? If it's illegal to collect votes from nursing homes, then it shouldn't be done. Do you think it's also morally wrong to bring groceries to people in nursing homes who can't get around on their own?
because it's Donald Trump and how much you disagree with his politics.

As an entitled liberal, why would I disagree with a person who spent 5.5 trillion in government money? He sent me a check for 2,400$ Ajax, personally signed by him, what's not to like about his politics as a liberal?
You have the means to do these things through the parts of government that you control.
The means to do what things? So far your example is collecting votes from nursing homes.
So why are you so surprised if people on the right wouldn't conclude that you probably did do some cheating given you had the opportunity to do so as well. What would have stopped you?
What opportunities are there to cheat? Collecting votes from nursing homes?
Mailing unsolicited ballots to people creates opportunities to cheat.

Good god. This is basic stuff. All these liberal apologetics for a voting system that is unacceptable around the world for obvious reasons should make the CES feel wholesome in comparison.

I don’t give two pieces of damnit if they have VBM forever. I just find it hysterical what hoops the apologists will jump through to excuse the problems.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Binger wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:10 pm
Brack wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:01 pm

Getting closer. And still missing the point. But certainly closer than we were.

Lake is not McCain nor like McCain.
Lake is not Romney nor like Romney.
Lake is not a traditional Neo Conservative like McCain, Romney, Bush, Cheney, McConnell and every other war apologist.

Whether you think Lake is riding the populist wave or leading it, she is clearly not here to blow smoke up McConnell/Schumer's collective ass nor is she here to stand for nothing like Romney and Cheney.

If you mean she isn't traditional, like the suits and costumes that keep us in wars, deficits and who want a borderless global state that gives our money, jobs and leverage to foreign kleptocrats, you are correct. She is definitely not appealing to the traditional neocons of the uniparty nor the republican party.
What is it she IS standing for?
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Who were the six envelopes addressed to?

eta: Bing Bong would actually reduce the risk of voter mail fraud if he voted by mail since they’d have his unique id code and signature they could then match to his voter information. If someone attempted to vote as him they’d fail.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.