Gas goes to $9.45/gallon in Mendecino, CA

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
canpakes
God

Re: Gas goes to $9.45/gallon in Mendecino, CA

Post by canpakes »

Binger wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:49 am
canpakes wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:43 am
I’m still waiting to hear from ajax how Joe Biden made gasoline go up in cost worldwide.

I even asked Binger - who’s mumbling down in Prison about folks touching his arse - to help out, but he’s also unable to offer any explanation that supports ajax’s claim.
I answered the question. I said I agreed with you. Thanks for including me, panny. I appreciate you doing that. I agree with you so much. All your points, are my points too. When you said ajax was wrong and you said specifically what causes the price of refined products to exceed the cost of other consumer products, I was like, heck yeah buddy. Heck yeah.

Thanks, Binger. It’s good to see you actually take a position on something; in this case being willing to voice your opinion that the claim of Biden making the cost of gasoline dramatically increase all over the world within the space of two months is basically a BS claim.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

So, Ajax. Do you want to nationalize oil production, ie getting the feds into the mix telling American corporations what to do, or do you want to leave it up to the free market and let the chips fall where they may?

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:14 pm
So, Ajax. Do you want to nationalize oil production, ie getting the feds into the mix telling American corporations what to do, or do you want to leave it up to the free market and let the chips fall where they may?

- Doc
I think it should be done ASAP. Then when gasoline is under $1/gallon we'll see how quickly Republicans never really cared about gas prices to begin with.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

I am pretty sure that ajax is secretly very happy that inflation is high and fuel prices are high, so he can have some pretext to blame Biden and Democrats in general. I suspect he would actually be quite unhappy about anything that improves during Bidens's administration, especially if Biden and Democratic policies in general can be credibly shown to deserve a significant share of the credit for it. That's why he ignores that the U.S. economy is currently doing significantly better than most of the rest of the world, jobless rates are at or near an all-time low, and new jobs are being added at a near record pace.

And he stupidly ignores the increasingly obvious fact that most of the factors he blames for high gasoline and energy costs are all the more reason why we need to and would profit from developing and accelerating transitioning away from fossil fuels to a green economy based on renewable energy sources.

It cannot be overemphasized that no one except the fossil fuel industry has any real (especially monetary) incentive to oppose transitioning to green, renewable energy. Why else would they spend literally billions of dollars to lobby against it and bribe politicians to oppose it and mount massive disinformation campaigns against it?
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Can Ajax explain why Biden and the Dems forced Libya to shut down its oil production today?

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:47 pm
Can Ajax explain why Biden and the Dems forced Libya to shut down its oil production today?

- Doc
Did they really?
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Gunnar wrote:
Tue Jun 14, 2022 12:39 am
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:47 pm

- Doc
Did they really?
From: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... s-minister
Libya’s oil production has almost fully halted as a political crisis leads to more shutdowns of ports and fields.

The OPEC member’s daily output -- which averaged 1.2 million barrels last year -- is down by about 1.1 million barrels, Oil Minister Mohamed Oun told Bloomberg on Monday. That suggests Libya is pumping only about 100,000 barrels a day.

The fall in supply will further tighten a global market that has seen crude prices jump more than 50% this year to around $120 a barrel. It’s already led to traders paying a higher premium for North Sea crude, which is similar in quality to Libyan oil.

“Almost all the oil and gas activities in the east of Libya are being shut down,” Oun said. In the south-west, the 40,000 barrel-a-day Wafa field is the only one with continuous production, he said.

The latest decline comes after protesters forced workers to shut down the key eastern oil ports of Es Sider and Ras Lanuf. Libya exported roughly 380,000 barrels a day of crude from the two facilities in May, according to tanker-tracking data monitored by Bloomberg.

Workers at Hariga, the second-largest port, were also urged to halt operations. That came as the 125,000 barrel-a-day Sarir field, oil from which flows to the port, was completely shut down, two people familiar with the situation said on Monday.

The three ports together handle about 70% of Libya’s total production. The country’s output had already halved to 600,000 barrels a day in mid-April after groups closed the major Sharara and El Feel fields.

“The risk of more widespread conflict remains elevated,” Francois Conradie, lead political economist at Oxford Economics Africa, said in a note to clients. “Even if there is no uptick in conflict, the oil industry is going to remain prey to interference from strongmen.”

So, yes - this must be Biden’s fault. I’m sure that ajax will expand on that connection for us a bit more.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

canpakes wrote:
Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:34 am
So, yes - this must be Biden’s fault. I’m sure that ajax will expand on that connection for us a bit more.
I have little doubt of that. I have before expressed the opinion that ajax is likely to try to spin anything that happens during the Biden administration, whether good or bad, into some kind of justification to blame or belittle Democrats and progressives. If it is bad, he will blame Biden, no matter how little evidence there may be that it has any connection to Biden. If it is good, he will either deny, despite any amount of evidence, that Biden or Democrats deserve any credit for it, or deny there was actually anything good about it.

He is also very likely to stoutly deny that this situation in Libya only further strengthens the case for transitioning away from our current dependence on fossil fuels to renewables and inherently cleaner sources of energy like wind, solar and geothermal energy, the sooner the better.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

This is what a gallon of gasoline costs in these countries.

Ecuador $2.55
Algeria $1.19
Libya $0.11
Haiti $2.18
Iran $0.20
Kuwait $1.12
Iraq $1.94
Nigeria $1.57
Saudi Arabia $2.35
Bolivia $2.06
Colombia $2.27
Venezuela $.08
Ecuador $2.55
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Binger
God
Location: That's the difference. I actually have a Blue Heeler

Post by Binger »

Vēritās wrote:
Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:10 pm
This is what a gallon of gasoline costs in these countries.

Ecuador $2.55
Algeria $1.19
Libya $0.11
Haiti $2.18
Iran $0.20
Kuwait $1.12
Iraq $1.94
Nigeria $1.57
Saudi Arabia $2.35
Bolivia $2.06
Colombia $2.27
Venezuela $.08
Ecuador $2.55
How does that compare to a pound of bacon?