Winter Blizzard...and the cat shall lie down with the dog

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

richardMdBorn wrote:What did the snail on the back on the turtle say?

I give up, richard, what?

Jersey Girl
_richardMdBorn
_Emeritus

Post by _richardMdBorn »

Jersey Girl wrote:

Jersey Girl
Whee!
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

richardMdBorn wrote:
Jersey Girl wrote:

Jersey Girl
Whee!

LOL richard!!!
_Gazelam
_Emeritus

Post by _Gazelam »

Im trying to decide which makes me more quesy, the Mc-rib, or polygamy porters posts.

Hope your Fe-breeze canisters full Jersey, and your vacuum cleaner. I have tried and tried to have housepets, but I can't get past the hair and "accidents". My house is off limits currently to any kind of animal.
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. - Plato
_harmony
_Emeritus

Post by _harmony »

Gazelam wrote:Im trying to decide which makes me more quesy, the Mc-rib, or polygamy porters posts.

Hope your Fe-breeze canisters full Jersey, and your vacuum cleaner. I have tried and tried to have housepets, but I can't get past the hair and "accidents". My house is off limits currently to any kind of animal.

Must be hard to have the grandkids over. Children are the kings of messes, but that's what makes them fun!
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Gazelam wrote:Im trying to decide which makes me more quesy, the Mc-rib, or polygamy porters posts.

I know just what you mean, Gaz. I often think about a house that is off limits to pets however, they came to us in a variety of ways: The outside dog was found running by a feed store owner on a busy street when he was a puppy...and he was SO beautiful. That same dog regularly walked my kids to and from the bus each day. He is now comfortably retired on our 5 acres and we love him. The outside cat was rescued from being an underfed barn cat. He is fat and happy with us...a black cat with a whiney voice who leaves gifts of guts on our back door. Both of the pond sliders were hand me downs from people who could no longer care for them. The big one literally lends itself as a basking rock to the little one...they are quite funny to watch! The inside cat was also headed to the humane society when a young girl who had him decided she couldn't keep him...my kid's cat had died just a few weeks prior after a long illness and she loved that cat so much that she held her when she was euthanized... and she welcomed the presence of this new cat that needed a home. The feeder mouse was rescued by her from being a snake dinner! And the two inside dogs...well, they are Pugs which means I have no excuse for their presence because they are two of the neediest animals on the planet. We don't own them, they own us.

So which one of these family members would I turn away?

Ironically in response to your post we are now replacing all carpeting with other types of flooring. You are right, pets make a mess! We have had tons of puppy and kitty accidents, one dying cat in particular (not the one mentioned above) that left blood spots all over the place until we decided to put her down. The whole family went to the vets that day and cried over her...even my husband. She was indeed a queen among cats. The child who rescued the feeder mouse and held her own cat when it was euthanized, held her sisters cat's dead body all the way home in a blanket so we could bury her on our property. Pets undeniably bring out all forms of love in people. I personally, would have had a hard time holding the dead body of a cat for anyone, even my own kids...but not this girl. She is in nursing school now...I wonder if the pets didn't have something to do with developing that interest in her?

I dunno, Gaz, I often think of a home without any sort of animals in it too. But I have such fond memories of all these messy intruders into our lives and our children learning to take care of something else besides themselves...I think it was all worth it. And apparently, Home Depot does too!

Jersey Girl
_Polygamy Porter
_Emeritus

Post by _Polygamy Porter »

Good gawd woman, no wonder you feel so warm and cozy in the clutch of the Mormon cult, you have no sense of humor!

So the video of the dog trying to hump the unwitting cat was not flat out hilarious to you? My hell, the dog was doing what it was born to do... HUMP.

by the way, how was the sub cult(a.k.a. Relief Society) today? Did they get all of the women to cry?
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Polygamy Porter wrote:

Good gawd woman, no wonder you feel so warm and cozy in the clutch of the Mormon cult, you have no sense of humor!

So the video of the dog trying to hump the unwitting cat was not flat out hilarious to you? My hell, the dog was doing what it was born to do... HUMP.

by the way, how was the sub cult(a.k.a. Relief Society) today? Did they get all of the women to cry?

If I am not mistaken, Gaz is male. I could be wrong...

Jersey Girl
_Gazelam
_Emeritus

Post by _Gazelam »

I am in fact a man, with a wife and 3 kids. yes the kids are messy, but they also clean up after themselves on command, so no trouble there.

Jersey,
That was an excellent post. What you say is quite right, careing for animals does teach us something about ourselves. You could be right about the dead cat inspiring nursing school. Maybe someday if I am able to convert to stained and sealed stone floors, I can put up better with indoor pets, but as long as I am a prisoner of wall to wall carpet, I say no, lol.

Polygamy,
No I did not find your post about the Dog funny. maybe when I was 14, but not now. I also snub any fart jokes (and farting) and burps and any other crude practises my boys by their nature would find amuseing. My wife babysits during the week, and those boys arent allowed to do those things while their here either. Nor are they permitted to make jokes about their private areas. I like to think of it as being civilized. Crude behaivior is discouraged around my house, and don't think I havent been around plenty, I was born in Georgia, and when I came to Nevada in 1971 at the age of 5, people still rode horses around Las Vegas. Not to mention, I was an actrive Boy Scout. So I know all about the fart games, and Redneck attitudes.

all the best,

Gaz
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. - Plato