LDS cruises and LDS tours.

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Ray A

LDS cruises and LDS tours.

Post by _Ray A »

I was browsing through an email from Meridian, and saw this advertised for a tour of "Book of Mormon lands", set for April next year:

Join Jack S. Marshall for his inspiring and humorous lectures-at-sea during this exciting testimony-building experience to Mayan ruins. Visit the fascinating ruins of Tulum AND Chichen Itza from Cozumel led by LDS guides from Mexico. Compare the vast differences of these two magnificent ruins! Swim with friendly stingrays and try snorkeling in beautiful Grand Cayman. Climb Dunn’s River Falls or swim with a dolphin in Ocho Rios. Sail with the Marshalls and the Cruise Lady LDS group and create memories to last a lifetime!

http://liahonaadventures.com/index.php? ... ?=Meridian

Have they ever heard of Steve Irwin? I have actually snorkeled and done spear-fishing in Grand Cayman, and it is a beautiful place. On recollection I did see a couple of stingrays, but if I went back I'll be keeping my distance.
_Polygamy Porter
_Emeritus

Re: LDS cruises and LDS tours.

Post by _Polygamy Porter »

Ray A wrote:I was browsing through an email from Meridian, and saw this advertised for a tour of "Book of Mormon lands", set for April next year:

Join Jack S. Marshall for his inspiring and humorous lectures-at-sea during this exciting testimony-building experience to Mayan ruins. Visit the fascinating ruins of Tulum AND Chichen Itza from Cozumel led by LDS guides from Mexico. Compare the vast differences of these two magnificent ruins! Swim with friendly stingrays and try snorkeling in beautiful Grand Cayman. Climb Dunn’s River Falls or swim with a dolphin in Ocho Rios. Sail with the Marshalls and the Cruise Lady LDS group and create memories to last a lifetime!

Have they ever heard of Steve Irwin? I have actually snorkeled and done spear-fishing in Grand Cayman, and it is a beautiful place. On recollection I did see a couple of stingrays, but if I went back I'll be keeping my distance.

I am sure they are wearing the old one piece Mormon masonic temple undies while snorkeling. Stingrays have no power over the magic Mormon masonic wetsuits! The only problem is they are reallly saggy when they first come out of the water....

Hey, that would make a great slamtoon... a white short sleeved, above the knee wetsuit with the V, L , and - sewn into them... hey why not?

Have you seen the brown garmies that the military TBMs wear? The symbols aren't even sewn in anymore.. they are SILKSCREENED on the INSIDE... due to "persecution" when they take their top shirt off and other soldiers ask, "Hey did you rip EVERY ONE of your brown t-shirts in the SAME three spots or are you just wearing the same brown undershirt?"... I know this FIRST HAND as I wore em back in 1987.
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Polygamy Porter wrote:Have you seen the brown garmies that the military TBMs wear? The symbols aren't even sewn in anymore.. they are SILKSCREENED on the INSIDE...

Hey, that's actually not such a bad idea. You could silkscreen the insides of the regular white-collar shirts that people wear on Sundays--no need for actual garment tops!

Heck, you could also silkscreen the insides of T-shirts. Hey, where can I get a "www.JosephLied.com" T-shirt with the garment marks silkscreened on the inside? (Don't want to break my covenants, you know.)
_Polygamy Porter
_Emeritus

Dr. Shades wrote:
Polygamy Porter wrote:Have you seen the brown garmies that the military TBMs wear? The symbols aren't even sewn in anymore.. they are SILKSCREENED on the INSIDE...

Hey, that's actually not such a bad idea. You could silkscreen the insides of the regular white-collar shirts that people wear on Sundays--no need for actual garment tops!

Heck, you could also silkscreen the insides of T-shirts. Hey, where can I get a "www.JosephLied.com" T-shirt with the garment marks silkscreened on the inside? (Don't want to break my covenants, you know.)

LOL!

TBM in the inside, EXMO on the outside!
_Gazelam
_Emeritus

Post by _Gazelam »

And hollow on the inside
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. - Plato
_Nortinski
_Emeritus

Post by _Nortinski »

Gazelam wrote:And hollow on the inside

And free to think on the outside. Um...well, I guess that would be on the inside too. Nevermind.

Nort
The truth is a lot easier to see when you stop assuming you already have it. - Me
_Nortinski
_Emeritus

Post by _Nortinski »

Ray A wrote:I was browsing through an email from Meridian, and saw this advertised for a tour of "Book of Mormon lands", set for April next year:

Stingrays are actually quite non-aggressive generally. I have hand fed many a stingray and once held on to the only captive albino stingray in captivity (or so we were told) as it took me for a little ride. Any shmuck can "ride" a dolphin. As for me and my house, we'll take a stingray to the other side of the tank.

Nort
The truth is a lot easier to see when you stop assuming you already have it. - Me
_Polygamy Porter
_Emeritus

Gazelam wrote:And hollow on the inside

Noah came before the flood, I come before the fire - Joseph Smith

Gaz, a question about your sig..

Are you talking about the angel with the flaming sword?

Did the voyeuristic angel hang around with his sword on fire, to watch Joe reach the big O with Fanny?

... at the last moment, Joe screams out "Noooooooaaaaaaaah came before the flood, I come before the fiiiiirrreeeee !!!"
_Ray A

Post by _Ray A »

Nortinski wrote:

Stingrays are actually quite non-aggressive generally. I have hand fed many a stingray and once held on to the only captive albino stingray in captivity (or so we were told) as it took me for a little ride. Any shmuck can "ride" a dolphin. As for me and my house, we'll take a stingray to the other side of the tank.

Nort

Conjures up images from "Flipper". I know all the experts have said that the ray attacked Irwin because it probably felt cornered and intimidated, and was very unusual. I read of another attack not long after Irwin's, but the victim survived. Australia, probably like the west coast of America, is also known for shark attacks. People get paranoid about shark attack while some 3,000 people are killed in car accidents every year, and 19,000 die from tobacco-related diseases yearly. So we are sort of irrational beings, or maybe dramatic deaths affect us more. Look at all the obsession with the Titanic when we hardly blink an eyelid at 1 million Tutsi deaths. Anyone care to make a film on that?

I'm just wondering how the tour organisers know that the rays off Cayman are all "friendly". Did they interview them? I'm 100% certain no one, including Irwin, ever thought he die from a stingray attack. And Irwin would have been the first to tell everyone that all stingrays are "friendly". I thought it was a silly statement to make so close to the death of Irwin. I would have edited that out for sheer stupidity.
_Polygamy Porter
_Emeritus

Ray A wrote:
Nortinski wrote:

Nort

Conjures up images from "Flipper". I know all the experts have said that the ray attacked Irwin because it probably felt cornered and intimidated, and was very unusual. I read of another attack not long after Irwin's, but the victim survived. Australia, probably like the west coast of America, is also known for shark attacks. People get paranoid about shark attack while some 3,000 people are killed in car accidents every year, and 19,000 die from tobacco-related diseases yearly. So we are sort of irrational beings, or maybe dramatic deaths affect us more. Look at all the obsession with the Titanic when we hardly blink an eyelid at 1 million Tutsi deaths. Anyone care to make a film on that?

I'm just wondering how the tour organisers know that the rays off Cayman are all "friendly". Did they interview them? I'm 100% certain no one, including Irwin, ever thought he die from a stingray attack. And Irwin would have been the first to tell everyone that all stingrays are "friendly". I thought it was a silly statement to make so close to the death of Irwin. I would have edited that out for sheer stupidity.

Speaking of Irwin, I wonder how many Aussie TBM IRwin fans have done and re done his baptism and temple work already?

After they bow their heads and say his name, do you think the proxy hears, "CRICKIE!" in their mind?