Please help this wonderful special needs Mormon family

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_arniepo
_Emeritus

Please help this wonderful special needs Mormon family

Post by _arniepo »

I know this wonderful Mormon family . Please check out the website I created for them. If you have any questions you can email me at arniepo@hotmail.com . Thank you for viewing the web page.
http://www.alysion.org/carlene/
Arnie
_Nortinski
_Emeritus

Re: Please help this wonderful special needs Mormon family

Post by _Nortinski »

arniepo wrote:I know this wonderful Mormon family . Please check out the website I created for them. If you have any questions you can email me at arniepo@hotmail.com . Thank you for viewing the web page.
Arnie

Anyone that donates money to this family without checking out the story first is a massive douche and deserves to be bilked out of their money.

Just sayin'.

Nort
The truth is a lot easier to see when you stop assuming you already have it. - Me
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

I agree Mike, but I'm wondering:

Do you have any further information about this family?
_Nortinski
_Emeritus

Post by _Nortinski »

Dr. Shades wrote:I agree Mike, but I'm wondering:

Do you have any further information about this family?

I know nothing about this family. It could be legit. It might not be. But, even if it was legit, the woman shouldn't be taking in kids if she can't afford to raise them. Her heart might be in the right place but her brain is in her ass. (That is if she got them and can't aford them. Truth be told, I just skimmed the story. This has NOTHING to do with them being Mormons. I don't give a rats ass if they are Satanists.)

Nort
The truth is a lot easier to see when you stop assuming you already have it. - Me
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Alright....

How best to say this without offending the whole of the community? The above link reeks of scam. The children are special needs children presumably on IEP's they are receiving free services through their local school system, they're on Medicaid for medical and dental, plus there are a virtual slew of services available to them including physical and occupational therapists which I think are also covered by Medicaid. What about the State Children's Health Insurance Program? Mom would also be able to receive state assistance for childcare for the younger children while she goes to school or to a paying job. Headstart...sheesh. Headstart publishes community directories of services where children can access free dental, free eye glasses, wheel chairs, clothing and a whole range of services. What about social security? I'm not sure where that fits. What about the Cerebral Palsy association?

Why isn't this family seeking assistance through the Church welfare program?

Mike is exactly right. This should be approached with great caution. This woman doesn't have to afford to take care of the children...our tax dollars will do that.

Something just isn't kosher in the above link.

Jersey Girl
_Polygamy Porter
_Emeritus

Re: Please help this wonderful special needs Mormon family

Post by _Polygamy Porter »

Nortinski wrote:
arniepo wrote:I know this wonderful Mormon family . Please check out the website I created for them. If you have any questions you can email me at arniepo@hotmail.com . Thank you for viewing the web page.
Arnie

Anyone that donates money to this family without checking out the story first is a massive douche and deserves to be bilked out of their money.

Just sayin'.

Nort

First thing to tip me off: "wonderful Mormon family "

Riiiiighttt
_arniepo
_Emeritus

Must you always think the worst of people?

Post by _arniepo »

I am just trying to get some extra help for this family. It really saddens me that most of you think the worst of people. I am really shocked to see such a low consciousness on this board. If you don't want to donate then fine. but please don't trash what I am trying to do. It comes from the heart and the spirit. If you were coming from the same place you would know that this isn't a scam. The reason there isn't more information is because when I asked the mom if I could do this she asked to remain anonymous. Just go to the spirit then you will know what is right to do. You will never get the correct answer from your mind.
Arnie
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

Dear Arnie,

You must understand that when we read a website where there is no first and last name given, and the donations are connected to a Pay Pal account with a random email address which does not indicate the first and last name of the recipient, things look a little shaky.

If your cause is on the up and up, fine. But if you really want to help this family, in order to direct things in an area where this does not appear to be a scam, you're going to have to obtain more information on the family. If they are willing to have a picture posted on the Internet for all the world to see, I'm a little uncertain why they would be shy about giving out their name?

Maybe a special fund could be set up with the family's name...even a clearly designated PayPal address that indicated this lady's name on it would be helpful.

I'm not questioning your motives....but if you have been on the Internet for any length of time, you must be aware of the amount of scams out there.

There are ways to differentiate your cause so that it doesn't fall into that category. You may have been a little hasty in setting this up. It looks like there are a few more things that need to be thought through in order to achieve the positive results you hope to achieve for the family. You need to approach the venture as a business...even if it is for a worthy charitable cause.

Liz
_Ray A

Post by _Ray A »

I have to agree with all of Liz's points. The big question in my mind is where is the bishop? The church has a welfare program specifically set up for this. I am an ex-bishop quite familiar with the Welfare Handbook, and I'm certain those principles would not have changed. If the bishop examined the circumstances of this family and deemed it inappropriate to help them, then how can we determine the true circumstances? Wonderful Mormon families should be supported by wonderful Mormon bishops. And there are plenty of them out there. The church is not crying poor, it just dedicated a temple in Finland. Maybe some of the resources should go to helping families like this instead of concrete.
_Polygamy Porter
_Emeritus

Post by _Polygamy Porter »

Bottom line, we are here to help people get out of the Mormon cult.

If you want a more sappy gullible group of smucks, go try the nauseating Nauvoo board, the place is like friggin testiphony meeting in a singles ward full of fat 19 year old girls and desparate bald horny RMs.

http://nauvoo.com