Don't be stupid

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_keene
_Emeritus

Don't be stupid

Post by _keene »

It has recently come to my attention that there are people abusing our no censorship policy. Recent shenanigans with multiple user accounts to talk to themselves, outing our anonymous users, and just general stupidity.

Seriously, people. Let's be smart.

1.) If someones real life name is not already public knowledge, leave it up to their own discretion whether to reveal it or not. If their real name is public knowledge, who cares? If the person you're outing asks you to remove it from your post, REMOVE IT FROM YOUR POST. Otherwise, quitcherbitchen.
2.) DO NOT create a fake account just to talk to yourself. It's annoying. If your posts are worth reading, they will be read. Artifically bumping up the popularity of your thread is just plain stupid.
3.) Don't think that you are anonymous on the web, especially from me. If you create a problem, whether on this site or not, you will be responsible for it. Legal repurcussions can and will be taken if necessary.
4.) Revenge on the internet is like winning the special olympics. Yeah, you won, but you're still retarded.

I am not going to ban anyone, or out who has been doing this (unless it continues). You know who you are. And don't try and look for loopholes in my post, go with the spirit, not the letter, of this post. I have this thing called a brain, and I can see through BS. Don't try it.

The rest of you, enjoy using the board, and continue being smart. You get the big admin heart-loves. <3 <3 <3
_moksha
_Emeritus

Re: Don't be stupid

Post by _moksha »

keene wrote: The rest of you, enjoy using the board, and continue being smart.

I am assuming one out of two will be sufficient in any case.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Mrs Robbins
_Emeritus

Post by _Mrs Robbins »

Keene and Dr. Shades,

I'm really sorry about the post I started in the other forum last night. I didn't know that posting a link to another site was against the rules. I'm sorry I made you yell at me, Keene. And Dr. Shades, I don't know what you said cuz Keene took it out.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Mrs Robbins wrote:Keene and Dr. Shades,

I'm really sorry about the post I started in the other forum last night. I didn't know that posting a link to another site was against the rules. I'm sorry I made you yell at me, Keene. And Dr. Shades, I don't know what you said cuz Keene took it out.

Why don't you honor Keene's comments and place your communication in PM's?

Jersey Girl
_Mrs Robbins
_Emeritus

Post by _Mrs Robbins »

Jersey Girl wrote:Why don't you honor Keene's comments and place your communication in PM's?

Jersey Girl

Are you one of the bosses here too?
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Mrs Robbins wrote:
Jersey Girl wrote:Why don't you honor Keene's comments and place your communication in PM's?

Jersey Girl

No.

Jersey Girl
_keene
_Emeritus

Post by _keene »

Mrs Robbins wrote:

Jersey Girl

Are you petty and annoying? It's called courtesy -- there doesn't need to be bosses or rules. Jesus!
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

keene wrote:
Mrs Robbins wrote:

Jersey Girl

Are you petty and annoying? It's called courtesy -- there doesn't need to be bosses or rules. Jesus!

*applauding Keene*

Amen, Keene! :)