Ok, I'm Pissed

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Sam Harris
_Emeritus

Ok, I'm Pissed

Post by _Sam Harris »

I just busted my ass for eight weeks for school, I'm on academic probation because I haven't done much college and what I did do didn't look to good, and my group project which was supposed to be in 18 mintues ago is late. I turned in my section almost two weeks ago. I have a B in this class, my financial aid for next semester will not be released if my grades aren't good.

I now officially do not like group projects. If I'm to fail my group project because of the negligence of others, I'm going to have to hunt down my classmates. Grrr...
Each one has to find his peace from within. And peace to be real must be unaffected by outside circumstances. -Ghandi
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Re: Ok, I'm Pissed

Post by _Jersey Girl »

GIMR wrote:I just busted my ass for eight weeks for school, I'm on academic probation because I haven't done much college and what I did do didn't look to good, and my group project which was supposed to be in 18 mintues ago is late. I turned in my section almost two weeks ago. I have a B in this class, my financial aid for next semester will not be released if my grades aren't good.

I now officially do not like group projects. If I'm to fail my group project because of the negligence of others, I'm going to have to hunt down my classmates. Grrr...

Oh, I don't blame you one bit! I stopped participating in group projects when I realized that 3/4's of any given group are total slackers. Didn't you have an option to work independently? If not, ask next time.

Jersey Girl
_Sam Harris
_Emeritus

Post by _Sam Harris »

I think I will ask next time. My other class, it was completely independent. I mean, I could have done the project on my own.

I think the scribe is just panicking, because not everyone has everything in. Most people are coming in late with excuses. I feel bad, but then again, only one group has gotten their stuff in on time, everyone else is still slacking. That or the boards aren't updating. Which I doubt.
Each one has to find his peace from within. And peace to be real must be unaffected by outside circumstances. -Ghandi
_Polygamy Porter
_Emeritus

Post by _Polygamy Porter »

Ancient Chinese proverb:
It is better to be pissed off than pissed on.
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Re: Ok, I'm Pissed

Post by _Dr. Shades »

GIMR wrote:. . . my group project which was supposed to be in 18 mintues ago is late. I turned in my section almost two weeks ago. . . I now officially do not like group projects. If I'm to fail my group project because of the negligence of others, I'm going to have to hunt down my classmates. Grrr...

Oh boy, I could write a book about group projects. I received my degree in English, and I had plenty of group projects, let me tell you.

Not long after I matriculated, I finally learned that there was no such thing as a group project. Whenever I'd hear the professor say anything about a "group project," I mentally translated that to mean "a major assignment that I do by myself to which three other names are attached in addition to my own."

Remember the old axiom, "if you want something done right, you've got to do it yourself?" Well, never is that more true than in college. The sooner you make peace with the fact that you'll be doing every project--including so-called "group projects"--yourself, the happier you'll be.
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Sam Harris
_Emeritus

Post by _Sam Harris »

Project still not posted. I think something happened to our scribe, as she hasn't turned in any of her last assignments. Perhaps we can get an extension if it can be proven that she is in dire straits or something.

Yeah, next time I'm going to see if I can do the project on my own. Now to figure out how to let the folks at Regent know that my grades were fine until this blasted group project came into the picture. This is messing with my money!