Anyone going to the Las Vegas Bowl? Predictions?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Who Knows
_Emeritus

Anyone going to the Las Vegas Bowl? Predictions?

Post by _Who Knows »

I'll be there - yeah, yeah, an agnostic cheering for the Mormons. I'll be praying to the flying spaghetti monster for the cougars - since, you know, he prefers one team over the other, and he's got nothing better to do.

My prediction: BYU 38 Oregon 34
WK: "Joseph Smith asserted that the Book of Mormon peoples were the original inhabitants of the americas"
Will Schryver: "No, he didn’t." 3/19/08
Still waiting for Will to back this up...
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

My favorite college football team is anyone who plays against BYU.

I live in Utah Valley and I hate BYU football traffic. The more they lose, the fewer people will attend the games, which means the better the traffic will be.
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Who Knows
_Emeritus

Post by _Who Knows »

Dr. Shades wrote:My favorite college football team is anyone who plays against BYU.

I live in Utah Valley and I hate BYU football traffic. The more they lose, the fewer people will attend the games, which means the better the traffic will be.

Dude - it lasts about 6 hours on 6 saturdays per year. Just be thankful for the lack of traffic on sundays in utah valley. it's almost like a ghost town out there.
WK: "Joseph Smith asserted that the Book of Mormon peoples were the original inhabitants of the americas"
Will Schryver: "No, he didn’t." 3/19/08
Still waiting for Will to back this up...
_silentkid
_Emeritus

Post by _silentkid »

As a BYU alum, I'm going to pick BYU to win 24 to 10. I really dislike how pretentious their coach, Bronco Mendenhall(?), comes across in interviews. When they beat Utah, he acted like he was full of the Holy Ghost, on the verge of tears in a testimony meeting or something. He kind of creeps me out. Go Team!
_MormonMendacity
_Emeritus

Post by _MormonMendacity »

Who Knows wrote:
Dr. Shades wrote:My favorite college football team is anyone who plays against BYU.

Dude - it lasts about 6 hours on 6 saturdays per year. Just be thankful for the lack of traffic on sundays in utah valley. it's almost like a ghost town out there.

Au contraire mon frère! If you live anywhere along University, University Parkway or 8th North it lasts for 6 hours per GAME! (But maybe it's just the HG giving me that feeling because I'm an apostate.)
"Suppose we've chosen the wrong god. Every time we go to church we're just making him madder and madder" --Homer Simpson's version of Pascal's Wager
Religion began when the first scoundrel met the first fool.
Religion is ignorance reduced to a system.