World of Warcraft

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Mercury
_Emeritus

World of Warcraft

Post by _Mercury »

I'm on Draenor (horde), Cho'Gall(alliance) and MoonRunner(alliance)

For those who do not play, look into it. ITS FUN!!!!
And crawling on the planet's face
Some insects called the human race
Lost in time
And lost in space...and meaning
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Re: World of Warcraft

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Bryan Inks showed me the game a few times recently, so I finally know what this whole "World of Warcraft" thing is all about.

I was pretty intimidated by all the buttons, options, powers, spells, etc. It would probably take me a month just to learn the controls!
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Mercury
_Emeritus

Post by _Mercury »

Dr. Shades wrote:Bryan Inks showed me the game a few times recently, so I finally know what this whole "World of Warcraft" thing is all about.

I was pretty intimidated by all the buttons, options, powers, spells, etc. It would probably take me a month just to learn the controls!

Its well worth it shades. And they are starting a world of warcraft CCG too...hint HINT!

Its something very fun to play. The options and buttons are pretty much learned as you play so when you start out your only given a small amount of options. As you progress you build on those options.
Lost in time
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

VegasRefugee wrote:Its well worth it shades. And they are starting a world of warcraft CCG too...hint HINT!

Yeah, I've seen it. I've made a conscious decision to limit myself to only one CCG, though.

It's tough enough to find time (and players!) to play Magic as it is. I don't know how/where I'd find someone to play the WoW CCG. Plus, when it comes to CCGs, I've learned to give them a while to see if they have the staying power that Magic does.
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Mercury
_Emeritus

Post by _Mercury »

Dr. Shades wrote:Plus, when it comes to CCGs, I've learned to give them a while to see if they have the staying power that Magic does.

No kidding. I got screwed on Jihad/V:TES
Lost in time
_Gazelam
_Emeritus

Post by _Gazelam »

I took a Warlock to lvl 60, then stopped playing, everything from that point on involved a group.

I mastered enchanting and tailoring.

Doubt I'll play another game like that, very time consumeing.
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. - Plato
_Mercury
_Emeritus

Post by _Mercury »

Gazelam wrote:I took a Warlock to lvl 60, then stopped playing, everything from that point on involved a group.

I mastered enchanting and tailoring.

Doubt I'll play another game like that, very time consumeing.

Nooo!

OMFG...no kidding!
Lost in time
_keene
_Emeritus

Post by _keene »

I got three lvl 30's floating around, but I can't bring myself to pay the monthly fee. If I had 5 other friends all playing with me, it'd be great. But everyone keeps playing on their own, while I have to work, so by the time I get to 30, they're at 60.

And it's not worth $15 a month, when can only play about one day a month.

Once I retire, I'll get into the MMO.
_Gazelam
_Emeritus

Post by _Gazelam »

I played an Undead. Horde are way better. And my favorite Horde were the undead.

The final monster to summon would shoot down in a meteor, and when you lost control of him after like 5 min, he would kill you and everyone around you. ha ha, very cool. He was always fun to bring into the city where he would start killing innocent bystanders. I can't remember what you called those guys, something like a Balrog from Lord of the Rings.

We still have the account, my wife plays from time to time. she has alot of friends there she likes to pop in and say hi to. I havent played it in almost a year.
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. - Plato