You're a typical bitter, sour, dispeptic liberal, wallowing

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Coggins7
_Emeritus

You're a typical bitter, sour, dispeptic liberal, wallowing

Post by _Coggins7 »

You're a typical bitter, sour, dispeptic liberal, wallowing in all the can't, tropes, and shibboleths of the post sixties Boomer Zietgeist that has brought our culture and civiliaztion to its present pearch on a precipice above a truly illimitable void.

Alright, everyone who fits this description raise your hands.

Good.

Now, who has thirty days sober? Ninty days? Six months? One year? More than one year? Great (group hug)!

Plese call your sponsor regularly and KEEP COMING BACK!
_Coggins7
_Emeritus

Post by _Coggins7 »

Oh, and by the way,

Neulasta pegfilgrastim.
_harmony
_Emeritus

Re: You're a typical bitter, sour, dispeptic liberal, wallow

Post by _harmony »

Coggins7 wrote:You're a typical bitter, sour, dispeptic liberal, wallowing in all the can't, tropes, and shibboleths of the post sixties Boomer Zietgeist that has brought our culture and civiliaztion to its present pearch on a precipice above a truly illimitable void.

You're a little late. The end of the world predictions have been around since 3 days after Christ arose from the grave (slight exaggeration, but still pretty accurate). We've been on a 'truly illimitable void' for generations. Right now, we can blame Bush, but I'm not sure he should have to shoulder the blame all by himself.
_Coggins7
_Emeritus

Post by _Coggins7 »

You're a little late. The end of the world predictions have been around since 3 days after Christ arose from the grave (slight exaggeration, but still pretty accurate). We've been on a 'truly illimitable void' for generations. Right now, we can blame Bush, but I'm not sure he should have to shoulder the blame all by himself.

Gee, that's odd. And here I was under the impression that it was people like Saddam Hussain, Osama Bin Ladin, Yassir Arafat, Kim Jong Ill, Ahmadinejad, Hamas, Hesbollah, Islamic Jihad, Fatah, and other similar individuals and groups that had broght us to this point.

On the domestic front, I though it was people like Hugh Hefner, Larry Flynt, Betty Friedan, Gloria Steinem, Herbert Marcuse, Saul Alinski, John Kerry, Jesse Jackson, Leonard Jefferies, Ward Churchill, Cindy Sheehan, NOW, the ACLU, the ATF, the NEA, Queer Nation, Greenpeace, The Open Society Institute, International Answer, and the Democratic Party that had brought us to this point.

Loran
_Rollo Tomasi
_Emeritus

Post by _Rollo Tomasi »

Coggins7 wrote:On the domestic front, I though it was people like Hugh Hefner, Larry Flynt, Betty Friedan, Gloria Steinem, Herbert Marcuse, Saul Alinski, John Kerry, Jesse Jackson, Leonard Jefferies, Ward Churchill, Cindy Sheehan, NOW, the ACLU, the ATF, the NEA, Queer Nation, Greenpeace, The Open Society Institute, International Answer, and the Democratic Party that had brought us to this point.

Don't forget Harry Reid!!! Perhaps BY had him in mind when he prophesied that the Melchizedek Priesthood (in which Bro. Reid holds the office of high priest) would save the U.S. Consitution when it hung by a thread. ;)
"Moving beyond apologist persuasion, LDS polemicists furiously (and often fraudulently) attack any non-traditional view of Mormonism. They don't mince words -- they mince the truth."

-- Mike Quinn, writing of the FARMSboys, in "Early Mormonism and the Magic World View," p. x (Rev. ed. 1998)
_harmony
_Emeritus

Post by _harmony »

Coggins7 wrote:

Gee, that's odd. And here I was under the impression that it was people like Saddam Hussain, Osama Bin Ladin, Yassir Arafat, Kim Jong Ill, Ahmadinejad, Hamas, Hesbollah, Islamic Jihad, Fatah, and other similar individuals and groups that had broght us to this point.

On the domestic front, I though it was people like Hugh Hefner, Larry Flynt, Betty Friedan, Gloria Steinem, Herbert Marcuse, Saul Alinski, John Kerry, Jesse Jackson, Leonard Jefferies, Ward Churchill, Cindy Sheehan, NOW, the ACLU, the ATF, the NEA, Queer Nation, Greenpeace, The Open Society Institute, International Answer, and the Democratic Party that had brought us to this point.

Loran

Blame it on Abraham. If he'd just left his wife's maid alone, we wouldn't be in this mess today.
_Sam Harris
_Emeritus

Post by _Sam Harris »

ROFL Harmony!
Each one has to find his peace from within. And peace to be real must be unaffected by outside circumstances. -Ghandi
_Coggins7
_Emeritus

Post by _Coggins7 »

Don't forget Harry Reid!!! Perhaps BY had him in mind when he prophesied that the Melchizedek Priesthood (in which Bro. Reid holds the office of high priest) would save the U.S. Consitution when it hung by a thread. ;)

Thanks for the reminder. Reid is truly a disgrace to the United States Senate, a national embarrasment and a public disgrace to the church.
_Coggins7
_Emeritus

Post by _Coggins7 »

Blame it on Abraham. If he'd just left his wife's maid alone, we wouldn't be in this mess today.

You may as well, and it wouldn't surprise me, as most of the very people who actually believe Bush has brought Islamist Jihadism upon us also blame the Jews, both internally and in Israel, for the very existence of Islamofascism arond the world and in the Middle East. The ravening anti-semitism that has arisen within the Left, both here and overseas is truly startling, but not incomprehensible if you understand the history of the Left.

Loran
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Coggins7 wrote: Thanks for the reminder. Reid is truly a disgrace to the United States Senate, a national embarrasment and a public disgrace to the church.

Oops, no thirty day pin for you this month. However, keep coming back, it works!
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace