Great signatures

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Gazelam
_Emeritus

Great signatures

Post by _Gazelam »

I just wanted to call attention to Who Knows sig line:

C. Dittman-BYU Daily Universe-on the dangers of video games: Those who get really good at video games "will incorrectly assume that they will have the same success with real swords. So, instead of running when ninjas attack, like most normal people do, they will stay, fight and ultimately lose."

That cracks me up every time I read it. Thanks Who
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. - Plato
_Who Knows
_Emeritus

Post by _Who Knows »

Hey thanks. That cracked me up as well. Although, I'm not sure if the person who wrote it was being totally serious, or just trying to be idiotic. But i guess we're free to imagine...
WK: "Joseph Smith asserted that the Book of Mormon peoples were the original inhabitants of the americas"
Will Schryver: "No, he didn’t." 3/19/08
Still waiting for Will to back this up...
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Who Knows wrote:Although, I'm not sure if the person who wrote it was being totally serious, or just trying to be idiotic. But i guess we're free to imagine...

Oh, I'm pretty much positive that whoever wrote it was using absurdity to illustrate absurdity. In other words, he was merely satirizing the people who are all hyped-up over the supposed "dangerous" effects of the Nintendo Wii.

And I, too, get a kick out of your signature whenever I read it!
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley