Introducing myself

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_cricket
_Emeritus

Introducing myself

Post by _cricket »

One of my New Year's resolutions was to quit being a lurker and start participating. The other one was to run at least two miles a day. This one is easier.

A little about me. I'm in my thirties, female, and lean waaaayyyy to the left politically. My family converted to Mormonism when I was about six years old. I never believed in it, nor did I ever experience any guilt for not developing a testimony. I don't mind Mormons, and I really like exmos. Many of them seem to have the same irreverent humor as myself, and I have three close friends outside of cyberspace that come from huge uber-Mormon families and left. We laugh a lot.

I live happily in sin with my boyfriend and will never marry him. We've been together for about ten years, but since neither one of us can remember the date that we met, and since we don't have a wedding anniversary, we're not exactly sure. He calls me a "cool chick" and thinks I am the easiest person in the world to get along with. I like that, even though it's not entirely true.

I posted once or twice at RFM, probably about six or seven months ago. I didn't stay though, since I never suffered from Mormonitis in the first place, and the lack of conflict made it boring for me. I do, however, read a ton of articles and stories from there. I appreciate what they are doing for people.

I never even registered at FAIR because people that try to muzzle me are creepy. I didn't want to give them the power to ban me, which they would have pretty quickly. But I have followed a ton of threads there. I may or may not have a crush on both the Dude and Tarski. I think Charity should change her name to Self-Centered, and I think there is a strong possiblity that Juliann will eventually be an exmo.

I am looking forward to getting to know you guys personally, instead of just being an observer.

Happy New Year!

Cricket
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Re: Introducing myself

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Welcome to the board, cricket! Did you know that "cricket" is also the pen-name of the founder of the Salamander Society? He chose it because the cricket is the creature which caused the Mormon settlers to much hassle during their early years in the Salt Lake Valley.

cricket wrote:I think there is a strong possiblity that Juliann will eventually be an exmo.

I'm afraid I highly doubt that. Even if she decides it isn't true, she's way, WAY too proud to ever admit that she was wrong.
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_MormonMendacity
_Emeritus

Re: Introducing myself

Post by _MormonMendacity »

Dr. Shades wrote:Welcome to the board, cricket! Did you know that "cricket" is also the pen-name of the founder of the Salamander Society? He chose it because the cricket is the creature which caused the Mormon settlers to much hassle during their early years in the Salt Lake Valley.

cricket wrote:I think there is a strong possiblity that Juliann will eventually be an exmo.

I'm afraid I highly doubt that. Even if she decides it isn't true, she's way, WAY too proud to ever admit that she was wrong.

If that should occur, there would be such a disturbance in The Force that it is unlikely the Empire would survive.
"Suppose we've chosen the wrong god. Every time we go to church we're just making him madder and madder" --Homer Simpson's version of Pascal's Wager
Religion began when the first scoundrel met the first fool.
Religion is ignorance reduced to a system.
_cricket
_Emeritus

Post by _cricket »

That's too funny. I love Star Wars.

My guess is just based on my sister-in-law who reminds me a lot of Juliann. She used the same distraction methods and was just as hysterical in her defense of all things Mormon. After she got out and went through her withdrawl stage, she became quite pleasant. I just wonder if Juliann isn't human underneath it all. But whatever is going on in her head, she sure is entertaining.
_cricket
_Emeritus

Post by _cricket »

I meant to mention that no, I had no idea that "cricket" had a Mormon connection. My boyfriend actually named me when I told him I needed a screen name and couldn't think of one. He said Cricket off the top of his head, and I liked it.
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

cricket wrote:That's too funny. I love Star Wars.

My guess is just based on my sister-in-law who reminds me a lot of Juliann. She used the same distraction methods and was just as hysterical in her defense of all things Mormon. After she got out and went through her withdrawl stage, she became quite pleasant. I just wonder if Juliann isn't human underneath it all. But whatever is going on in her head, she sure is entertaining.

Cool! Another Star Wars fan! :)

Welcome to the board!
_OUT OF MY MISERY
_Emeritus

Post by _OUT OF MY MISERY »

Yes welcome, welcome...

You are one outspoken woman,,,I once told someone I was so far to the left I would fall off.....I am assuming you are one hellva a feminist????

We need to talk soon...I am hoping you are close by me...Take care
When I wake up I will be hungry....but this feels so good right now aaahhhhhh........