Amazing video resource

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_keene
_Emeritus

Amazing video resource

Post by _keene »

I found this a couple days ago, and it's all sorts of hella interesting:

http://corporate.skynet.be/zen/streamingvids.htm

I would definitely suggest watching the Bandler (hypnosis & NLP), Timothy Leary, and Hunter S. Thompson interviews. I've been watching the Tesla documentaries today and they're amazing.
_Gazelam
_Emeritus

Post by _Gazelam »

I see some Bill Hicks stuff on there, that guy was interesting, I don't agree with all that he says, but he says it well:

The world is like a ride in an amusement park. And when you choose to go on it you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. And the ride goes up and down and round and round. It has thrills and chills and it's very brightly coloured and it's very loud and it's fun, for a while. Some people have been on the ride for a long time and they begin to question: "Is this real, or is this just a ride?" And other people have remembered, and they come back to us, they say, "Hey, don't worry, don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride." And we kill those people.

I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.

See we just had a misunderstanding. I thought we lived in the U.S. of A., the United States of America. But actually we live in the U.S. of A., the United States of Advertising. Freedom of expression is guaranteed? If you've got the money!

-- Bill Hicks, on being censored from "The Late Show with David Letterman"

Watching television is like taking black spray paint to your third eye.

How about a positive LSD story, that would be newsworthy. Don't you think? Anybody think that? Just once, to hear a positive LSD story. "Today, a young man on acid, realised that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration. That we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves... here's Tom with the weather."

Hicks could be vulgar and crude, but at the same time he made you think.
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. - Plato
_keene
_Emeritus

Post by _keene »

Gazelam wrote:I see some Bill Hicks stuff on there, that guy was interesting, I don't agree with all that he says, but he says it well:

The world is like a ride in an amusement park. And when you choose to go on it you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. And the ride goes up and down and round and round. It has thrills and chills and it's very brightly coloured and it's very loud and it's fun, for a while. Some people have been on the ride for a long time and they begin to question: "Is this real, or is this just a ride?" And other people have remembered, and they come back to us, they say, "Hey, don't worry, don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride." And we kill those people.

I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.

See we just had a misunderstanding. I thought we lived in the U.S. of A., the United States of America. But actually we live in the U.S. of A., the United States of Advertising. Freedom of expression is guaranteed? If you've got the money!

-- Bill Hicks, on being censored from "The Late Show with David Letterman"

Watching television is like taking black spray paint to your third eye.

How about a positive LSD story, that would be newsworthy. Don't you think? Anybody think that? Just once, to hear a positive LSD story. "Today, a young man on acid, realised that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration. That we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves... here's Tom with the weather."

Hicks could be vulgar and crude, but at the same time he made you think.

I always liked to watch him for those thought-producing moments. I was always upset when he had to go back to the "comedy." He even says a few times in each routine "Don't worry, I'll get to the jokes."

I'd rather listen to him lecture. Still good stuff though.