Don't tell my boyfriend...

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_beastie
_Emeritus

Don't tell my boyfriend...

Post by _beastie »

Actually, he already knows, but that subject line made it sound more intriguing.

I am tee totally bonkers over Josh Bernstein from "Digging for the Truth". He is so GORGEOUS, and he's an ARCHAEOLOGIST... and since I'm too old for him (and yes, since I really am in "real life" love with my own stud muffin boyfriend) I want him to marry my beautiful daughter (who, at 16 and a half, is a bit too young for him, but it's the best I can do...)

I just had to rave about him for a moment, since he's back on air.

My favorite show with him was when he was in Mesoamerica, interviewing Arthur Demarest, one of my idols, who took one look at Josh and said "You're what I'M supposed to look like!!!"

Anyone else in love with Josh????

I used to be in love with Bill Maher, but I'm dumping him for JOSH.
We hate to seem like we don’t trust every nut with a story, but there’s evidence we can point to, and dance while shouting taunting phrases.

Penn & Teller

http://www.mormonmesoamerica.com
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

This is about the most "un-Beastie" post I've ever seen you make.

Did someone hack your account?

But since we're on the subject, I may as well add that I'm in similar love with Kira Soltanovich from "Girls Behaving Badly." Holy cow, she's absolutely perfect in every way.
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_beastie
_Emeritus

Post by _beastie »

LOL! I let me alter ego slip out. It was Josh and the hard lemonade. The giddiness of his series return got to me.

I used to post about my Bill Maher crush over on the Z board now and then. I was routinely made fun of over it. I also loved Ben Stiller, but I'm over both of them for JOSH. I have weird taste in men. (don't tell my boyfriend)

(he already knows)

(and it disturbs his ego)

I only saw one Girls Behaving Badly, not enough to know who your crush is. I think they were pulling men's pants down in public. :O
We hate to seem like we don’t trust every nut with a story, but there’s evidence we can point to, and dance while shouting taunting phrases.

Penn & Teller

_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

beastie,

I was unfamiliar with Josh so I googled up an image of him. Here he is for the uninitiated:

I have to say he's totally hot however, I have dumped everyone and everything for this undeniable example of deep fried studdery:

Savvy?

Jersey Girl
;-)

p.s. What's up with Shades? Does he own the board or somethin'?
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Beast E.'s in love
Yeah, yeah
Beast E.'s in love
No, no, no
Beast E.'s in love
Ah, ah
That Beast E.'s in
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_beastie
_Emeritus

Post by _beastie »

Hmmm, moksha, I don't quite recognize the tune. ;)

No, Jersey, I do not share in the Depp infatuation. I think he's a good actor, but stud muffin? Naw.

Just look at that Josh, though. My god. He is so hot he takes my breath away. And he's an ARCHAEOLOGIST.

I have to admit that whenever he interacts with a good looking woman on his show, I automatically turn to my boyfriend and say "Ya think they (bleeped)?" I imagine all these women just falling into his bed. Few are worthy, though, in my opinion.

To tell the truth, he's probably got an ego the size of the past glorious Nephite empire. I doubt if I could stand him in real life, pretty boys are usually narcissistic.

But, is he gorgeous or what??? And he's an ARCHAEOLOGIST.

Penn & Teller

_beastie
_Emeritus

Post by _beastie »

I just went to his "unofficial fan site" and found out he lives part of the time in UTAH.

Hey, it's kismet. Not that I live in Utah - but I did used to be a Mormon!!!

Penn & Teller

_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

beastie wrote:Hmmm, moksha, I don't quite recognize the tune. ;)

No, Jersey, I do not share in the Depp infatuation. I think he's a good actor, but stud muffin? Naw.

Just look at that Josh, though. My god. He is so hot he takes my breath away. And he's an ARCHAEOLOGIST.

I have to admit that whenever he interacts with a good looking woman on his show, I automatically turn to my boyfriend and say "Ya think they (bleeped)?" I imagine all these women just falling into his bed. Few are worthy, though, in my opinion.

To tell the truth, he's probably got an ego the size of the past glorious Nephite empire. I doubt if I could stand him in real life, pretty boys are usually narcissistic.

But, is he gorgeous or what??? And he's an ARCHAEOLOGIST.

My dearest beastie,

You force me to bring out the big guns here. Yes, Josh is most definitely gorgeous but this, beastie:

This is well, beastie, please look dear, look in those eyes....it just oughtta be illegal.

Jersey Girl
_beastie
_Emeritus

Post by _beastie »

Well, I do admit Depp has a certain allure, and he's quirky, which rates big in my book, but he's just not in the same league. Besides, he's an ACTOR. Pffift.

Josh, on the other hand, is not only an ARCHAEOLOGIST, but is also an ardent environmentalist!! "Josh Bernstein is an ardent environmentalist who drives a 1982 Australian-made Toyota Land Cruiser that runs on vegetable oil."

::swoon:::

I think it's his lips that really do me in. I had a huge, I mean HUGE, crush on this guy in high school, Kirk Hassinger. He was two years older than me and a DRUMMER in a band. He had long wavy red hair and the most incredible LIPS I'd ever seen, much like Josh's. Sadly, he already had a girlfriend (not very pretty but huge jugs) - although that didn't stop him from flirting with me, causing my little heart to pitter patter.

I hear he's bald now. All that beautiful red hair, gone, gone, gone.

:::sniff:::

I'm also reading that Josh hasn't let celebrity go to his head. He's still the same down-to-earth guy as ever.

(riiiight, you can't be that gorgeous, have a great TV show, and not have an inflated ego)

heh, I just found a way to bug my boyfriend... Josh is now plastered all over my computer screen. heh heh heh heh

Penn & Teller

_beastie
_Emeritus

Post by _beastie »

Shoot, I was hoping the picture would show. How do you post pictures like that, Jersey?

[MODERATOR NOTE: Just put [ img ] in front of the URL and [ /img ] after it--without the spaces, of course.]

Penn & Teller