WOOOT! Time to celebrate!

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Mephitus
_Emeritus

WOOOT! Time to celebrate!

Post by _Mephitus »

I shall remember 1/29/07, for i just got my finalized exit letter back! WOOT!

Now i need to buy a frame and put it on my wall with a small plaque

"My exit from the cult"
One nice thing is, ze game of love is never called on account of darkness - Pepe Le Pew
_Mercury
_Emeritus

Re: WOOOT! Time to celebrate!

Post by _Mercury »

Sono_hito wrote:I shall remember 1/29/07, for i just got my finalized exit letter back! WOOT!

Now i need to buy a frame and put it on my wall with a small plaque

"My exit from the cult"

Think of it as a diploma given to those thrown into a greek maze stocked with minotaurs and other dangers.
And crawling on the planet's face
Some insects called the human race
Lost in time
And lost in space...and meaning
_asbestosman
_Emeritus

Re: WOOOT! Time to celebrate!

Post by _asbestosman »

VegasRefugee wrote:Think of it as a diploma given to those thrown into a greek maze stocked with minotaurs and other dangers.

But what's dangerous about it (other than further removing yourself from God)?
That's General Leo. He could be my friend if he weren't my enemy.
eritis sicut dii
I support NCMO
_Mephitus
_Emeritus

Post by _Mephitus »

avoiding random mob encounters. (utah Mormons)

Though since i have a beard, my charisma score helps me intimidate people from trying anything against me.

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
One nice thing is, ze game of love is never called on account of darkness - Pepe Le Pew
_ajax18
_Emeritus

Post by _ajax18 »

Do you have family who will bother you about this? I'd be interested to see if the Church keeps coming after you with visits etc. I had toyed with the idea of just not letting anyone know the next time I move. I hate making things so final.

Do you think people will ask you about this? Could you think of situation where you'd have to admit to a prospective employer that you're an exmormon? Living in UT I could see where this would be culturally difficult. Do you have a spouse?

It's interesting that I was on the internet quite a bit from 97 onward, yet I didn't run into sites like this till last year sometime. I saw antiMormon literature but never discussion boards like FAIR and those that preceded it.
And when the confederates saw Jackson standing fearless as a stone wall the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
_Mephitus
_Emeritus

Post by _Mephitus »

Im not married, and my cooworkers know very well what my stance is concerning Mormonism. So they have stopped trying to preach at me or discussiong church matters around me. They know very well that im strong enough of character to defend myself if someone was to attack me in any way for my views. My boss is enough of a person not to say anything about church either. He just sticks to business.

My sister is aware that im not active. Though she does not know that I've completely withdrawn myself. Im waiting for the right time to be able to sit down with each one in time and speak with them. My family knows im no idiot when i set my mind to learning anything. So im not sure how things will work out otherwise. As I've said before, i was thrown out on the street for not going on a mission. That was mostly my mother and step father. So I've prepared myself incase they decide to break off all contact. Which may very well happen.

Im confident enough that i could readily get across to any future employer that they had better not dare discuss religion as a matter of hiring me. Its very illegal, and being pagan, i could very easily sue for religious discrimination.
_ajax18
_Emeritus

Post by _ajax18 »

Yeah, I'm not sure I would ever like the cutting off contact with my family thing. Of course if you've already stood up to them with the mission thing, then I guess you've already battled through some of it.
And when the confederates saw Jackson standing fearless as a stone wall the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
_Mephitus
_Emeritus

Post by _Mephitus »

Through my entire life, I've never had a friend for more than 1 year 6 mo (well...a single exception) They always move before this time period ends, for one reasson or another. so I've become very used to loosing contact with people im close to. I don't like to make alot of "aquantenance" style friends. I always like making very close friends i can trust. So its something I've come to not only accept, but expect.