HELP with Mac computer!

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

HELP with Mac computer!

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Is there anyone online who knows how to TURN OFF THE BLOODY SOUND on a Mac computer??????????????

Sorry, I have no one else to ask at the moment and it's driving me INSANE.

(So that's what's doing it, you ask?)

Thanks in advance if anyone can help!
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Bryan Inks
_Emeritus

Re: HELP with Mac computer!

Post by _Bryan Inks »

Jersey Girl wrote:Is there anyone online who knows how to TURN OFF THE BLOODY SOUND on a Mac computer??????????????

Sorry, I have no one else to ask at the moment and it's driving me INSANE.

(So that's what's doing it, you ask?)

Thanks in advance if anyone can help!

As a trained technician, I have developed several very simple ways to resolve issues with Macs.

Option 1: Beat it to tiny pieces with a sledge hammer and replace it with a real computer.

Option 2: Click Here for More information

Option 3: Don't ask questions.

XD

Sorry for the snark. I'm a bit tired and feeling funny.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Thank, Bryan, this is a temporary substitute for our real computer. I located the volume control at the top of the screen and turned it all the way down. It's still making some sort of high pitched sound that could kill mosquitos. I will have to live with it while online for a few days.

OMG!!!! It's terrible!!!
Chinese Proverb
_JAK
_Emeritus

Post by _JAK »

Jersey Girl wrote:Thank, Bryan, this is a temporary substitute for our real computer. I located the volume control at the top of the screen and turned it all the way down. It's still making some sort of high pitched sound that could kill mosquitos. I will have to live with it while online for a few days.

OMG!!!! It's terrible!!!

Turn OFF entirely the sound. Pull the plug on the speakers. That should do it. :-)
JAK
_Mephitus
_Emeritus

Post by _Mephitus »

the alternative thing might be that a fans' ball bearings might be loose. Or the HDD is the noise. If youve turned off all sound, its more than likely mechanical.
One nice thing is, ze game of love is never called on account of darkness - Pepe Le Pew
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Thanks Bryan, JAK and sono_hito, for your advice and replies. This thing is still humming and I guess I'll have to put up with it for a bit until the "real" computer is repaired.

Jersey Girl
Chinese Proverb
_Mephitus
_Emeritus

Post by _Mephitus »

yeah, i can't even touch macs any more. i mean hell, i dislike even sitting near em.

(and yet i always have my ipod....ahh well, i hate that thing too)
One nice thing is, ze game of love is never called on account of darkness - Pepe Le Pew
_silentkid
_Emeritus

Post by _silentkid »

You evil Mac-haters. I've never had any problems with my Mac, while my PC at work is a piece of junk (bugs, bugs, bugs). I'm just praying they don't try to update to Vista...what a joke that is. My Mac is part of my home recording studio and it works great. I guess if I were a gamer and wanted to get involved in the Burning Crusade, I'd have to get a PC.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

silentkid wrote:You evil Mac-haters. I've never had any problems with my Mac, while my PC at work is a piece of junk (bugs, bugs, bugs). I'm just praying they don't try to update to Vista...what a joke that is. My Mac is part of my home recording studio and it works great. I guess if I were a gamer and wanted to get involved in the Burning Crusade, I'd have to get a PC.

silentkid,

Since you are a Mac afficionado, can you venture a guess about the noise this one is making? It sounds like a high pitched eerie sound. I'm starting to get used to it. Or going deaf.

Jersey Girl
Chinese Proverb
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Post by _Bond...James Bond »

Jersey Girl wrote:
silentkid wrote:You evil Mac-haters. I've never had any problems with my Mac, while my PC at work is a piece of junk (bugs, bugs, bugs). I'm just praying they don't try to update to Vista...what a joke that is. My Mac is part of my home recording studio and it works great. I guess if I were a gamer and wanted to get involved in the Burning Crusade, I'd have to get a PC.

silentkid,

Since you are a Mac afficionado, can you venture a guess about the noise this one is making? It sounds like a high pitched eerie sound. I'm starting to get used to it. Or going deaf.

Jersey Girl

Can you mute the thing. Or try turning off, turning on the computer.

Bond
"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07