Mr. Coffee's MilSpec Humor Thread

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Blixa
_Emeritus

Post by _Blixa »

That's interesting background, Coffee.

My case is much different, obviously. No military as far as I know on either side...my parents are both more-or-less first generations americans. My mother's parents were both born outside the US (Britain and Ireland) and on my dad's side, I think his mother may have been born in the US (but her parents died when she was young and she and her brothers were raised in a Catholic orphanage in SLC) and who knows about his dad who was something of a con man, from what I can tell.

To this day I'm still unclear how my dad ended up in the air force...Korea? It wasn't like he really wanted to have a military career and he definitely had an unconventional one.

He was stationed first in Waco Texas..my mother joined him and they married there. Then he was sent to Libya and lived off base with my mom for a couple of years in what sounds like a fascinating community of expatriate Italians (left over from Mussolini's efforts to colonize the North African coast), Brits in the diplomatic service and displaced Palistinians. He ran the base radio station and recorded a lot of local arabic music and raced cars out in the desert. It sounds fun and not like my parents at all.

Then home to SLC.
From the Ernest L. Wilkinson Diaries: "ELW dreams he's spattered w/ grease. Hundreds steal his greasy pants."