This Week in World History...

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Mr. Coffee
_Emeritus

This Week in World History...

Post by _Mr. Coffee »

40 years ago this week a small nation of Jews curbstomped the combined forces of Egypt, Jordan, and Syria in just SIX DAYS.

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!

Also, for the last month or so the Israelis have been gearing up for war with Syria (Something about them being pissed at the Syrians supplying arms to hezballah). The Syrians have also made it known that they are preparing for a war with Israeli.

I got $100 that says Israel remains 2-0 after Six Day War II ends. Any takers?
Last edited by Manetho on Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
On Mathematics: I divided by zero! Oh SHI....
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Re: This Week in Worl History...

Post by _Bond...James Bond »

Mr. Coffee wrote:

Nope, not with the USA sitting squarely behind Israel. So when does the US armed forces get off R and R and liberate Tehran?
"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07
_Coggins7
_Emeritus

Post by _Coggins7 »

The best way to deal with Tehran may just be some well placed Tomahawk's such that as many leaders of that country and their hanger's on could be eliminated in one shot (along with any and all nuclear capacity and infrastructure). There is as I understand things, a pretty sizable opposition movement within the country, and substantial pro-American feeling there within that movement, so in may not be necessary to invade and hold territory there, unlike Iraq and Afghanistan.
_Jason Bourne
_Emeritus

Re: This Week in Worl History...

Post by _Jason Bourne »

Mr. Coffee wrote:40 years ago this week a small nation of Jews curbstomped the combined forces of Egypt, Jordan, and Syria in just SIX DAYS.

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!

Also, for the last month or so the Israelis have been gearing up for war with Syria (Something about them being pissed at the Syrians supplying arms to hezballah). The Syrians have also made it known that they are preparing for a war with Israeli.

Not me man. I am with you.
_Mr. Coffee
_Emeritus

Post by _Mr. Coffee »

Coggins7 wrote:The best way to deal with Tehran may just be some well placed Tomahawk's such that as many leaders of that country and their hanger's on could be eliminated in one shot (along with any and all nuclear capacity and infrastructure).

The problem with this is that the bulk of the nuclear research sites in Iran are very larg underground complexes. This means that 1. they're hardened, and 2. the size of the sites means that any convential strike that could penitrate isn't going to do much damage to the facility.

This means that the only option for negating quite a few of theses sites is the use of nuclear weapons. So baring Iran going completely off it's rocker and attacking the US or our allies with a CBRN attack, we won't use nukes on them. Stated US policy for decades has been that we will not use nuclear weapons except in response to the use of chemical, biological, radiolocical, or nuclear weapons against us.

Coggins7 wrote: There is as I understand things, a pretty sizable opposition movement within the country, and substantial pro-American feeling there within that movement, so in may not be necessary to invade and hold territory there, unlike Iraq and Afghanistan.

There is, but the Iranian opposition movement believes in using the countries democratic process to non-violently engage in political change. The President of Iran is a figurehead, just a public face. The guy who is in charge of the country is the Supreme Leader, who along with the Council of Guardians controls Irnaian military policy. The only way to remove the Supreme leader is for the Iranian people to completely change out their elected representitives in the Assembly of Experts (Kind of like their version of the Senate), which in turn would require a massive overhual of the entire nations political and social structure.

Not going to happen any time soon. Sure, they could end up with a moderate as president, but they have always had a hardliner as Supreme Leader.
_Pokatator
_Emeritus

World History

Post by _Pokatator »

Many will recall that on July 8, 1947, witnesses claimed that an unidentified object with five aliens aboard crashed onto a sheep and cattle ranch just outside Roswell, New Mexico. This is a well-known incident that many say has long been covered up by the U.S. Air Force and the federal government.

However, what you may NOT know that in the month of March 1948, exactly nine months after that historic day, George W. Bush, Dick Cheney, Donald Rumsfield, Bill O'Reilly, Rush Limbaugh, Antonin Scalia, Clarence Thomas, Condolezza Rice, Alberto Gonzalez, Ann Coulter and Dan Quayle were all born.

See what happens when aliens breed with sheep. This piece of information may clear up a lot of things.
_Mr. Coffee
_Emeritus

Re: World History

Post by _Mr. Coffee »

Pokatator wrote:blah blah blah

What the “F” did that have to do with Israel kicking the crap out of a bunch of overly optimistic sandyassed hajji's in 1967?

Hell, none of that was in topical from the stand point of "this week" either.
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Post by _Bond...James Bond »

Pokatator wrote:Many will recall that on July 8, 1947, witnesses claimed that an unidentified object with five aliens aboard crashed onto a sheep and cattle ranch just outside Roswell, New Mexico. This is a well-known incident that many say has long been covered up by the U.S. Air Force and the federal government.

However, what you may NOT know that in the month of March 1948, exactly nine months after that historic day, George W. Bush, Dick Cheney, Donald Rumsfield, Bill O'Reilly, Rush Limbaugh, Antonin Scalia, Clarence Thomas, Condolezza Rice, Alberto Gonzalez, Ann Coulter and Dan Quayle were all born.

See what happens when aliens breed with sheep. This piece of information may clear up a lot of things.

Condi and Coulter are nearly 60? Damn.
"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07
_Mr. Coffee
_Emeritus

Post by _Mr. Coffee »

Bond...James Bond wrote:Condi and Coulter are nearly 60? Damn.

Condi still has some nice legs... Horse face, but nice legs.

Coulter still looks like a pre-op transexual. Anyone else notice the adamsapple it's sporting?
_Mercury
_Emeritus

Post by _Mercury »

Coggins7 wrote:The best way to deal with Tehran may just be some well placed Tomahawk's such that as many leaders of that country and their hanger's on could be eliminated in one shot (along with any and all nuclear capacity and infrastructure). There is as I understand things, a pretty sizable opposition movement within the country, and substantial pro-American feeling there within that movement, so in may not be necessary to invade and hold territory there, unlike Iraq and Afghanistan.

Ummm, no.
And crawling on the planet's face
Some insects called the human race
Lost in time
And lost in space...and meaning