Anybody else addicted to Guitar Hero?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_silentkid
_Emeritus

Anybody else addicted to Guitar Hero?

Post by _silentkid »

I visited one of my good friends this last weekend and we spent some time playing Guitar Hero 2 on the PS2. When I got home from my vacation I bought it and have been playing it after work every night this week. I just finished the game on medium and have started on the hard level. I've tried the expert setting, but I'm not quite up to that level of frustration yet.
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Post by _Bond...James Bond »

Do I see a Dance Dance Revolution vs Guitar Hero debate coming on???? (I'd don't play either....I have my hands full with FIFA 2007)
"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07
_Who Knows
_Emeritus

Post by _Who Knows »

Bond...James Bond wrote:...I have my hands full with FIFA 2007)

Holy cow. I played that with my brothers this past weekend. I'm not much into video games, but every now and then I'll get together with my brothers and play xbox360 on the bigscreen with surround sound. We usually play ghost recon. But this time we played FIFA. Man, what a blast.
WK: "Joseph Smith asserted that the Book of Mormon peoples were the original inhabitants of the americas"
Will Schryver: "No, he didn’t." 3/19/08
Still waiting for Will to back this up...
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Who Knows wrote:
Bond...James Bond wrote:...I have my hands full with FIFA 2007)

Holy cow. I played that with my brothers this past weekend. I'm not much into video games, but every now and then I'll get together with my brothers and play xbox360 on the bigscreen with surround sound. We usually play ghost recon. But this time we played FIFA. Man, what a blast.

It's a great game....although I'm bummed that the MLS teams (American soccer league for you who don't know) aren't included. But the game play is vastly superior to FIFA 2006 (Although that one has the World Cup which is fun to play too)....all in all, it's a great game.

And unlike real soccer, you don't get bored cause the halves can be 10 minutes or whatever (rather than 45) and the control of the ball is much better than in real life (where factors like rain and wind and human mistakes play in).
Last edited by QuestionEverything on Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

What is FIFA 2007?
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Dr. Shades wrote:What is FIFA 2007?

The best damn game on the planet a.k.a. Soccer.
_Mr. Coffee
_Emeritus

Post by _Mr. Coffee »

I got Guitar Hero II for the Xbox360 for my sons. It's actualy fairly addictive, and it's got some decient tunes on it, as well as being able to download more songs from the Live Marketplace.

I finally managed to beat DethKlok "Thunderhorse" on hard...

Speaking of unlocking achievements...

I'm a huge First Person Shooter nut. Got Rainbow Six Vegas about three months back and I have finally unlocked every single achievement for the game by nailing all the single polayer Terrorist Hunt missions on "realistic" difficulty. 1000 POINTS!

Game's I've unlocked 1000 point on:

Test Drive Unlimited (Go ahead and take that Saleen S7 Twin Turbo or a Koenigsegg CCR. I'll kick your ass on Makapuki Beach Race with a bike. MV Agusta F1 Tamburini FTW!)

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter II. (I am the God of Snipers in this game. Go ahead and run around, you'll just die tired.)

Spiderman 3 (Spiderman, Spiderman, does whatever a spider can!)

Gears of War (Bunch of mutant asshole from underground? I screwed 'em...)

F.E.A.R. (Creepy damned game. Not the best FPS I've ever plated, but it's fun and the spooky atmosphere of the singleplayer storyline makes this a real fun late night/lights off game.)

These, combined with all the other games I've unlocked mass achievements for is why I've got a Gamerscore of 12,470 right now.

Excuse me while I go partake of another beer and proceade to kick some serious ass on Forza Motorsports 2. Gotta hustle to unlock those achievements.
On Mathematics: I divided by zero! Oh SHI....
_silentkid
_Emeritus

Post by _silentkid »

Bond...James Bond wrote:
Dr. Shades wrote:What is FIFA 2007?

The best damn game on the planet a.k.a. Soccer.

Dammit Bond...you hijacked me with soccer. ;)
_silentkid
_Emeritus

Post by _silentkid »

Mr. Coffee wrote:I got Guitar Hero II for the Xbox360 for my sons. It's actualy fairly addictive, and it's got some decient tunes on it, as well as being able to download more songs from the Live Marketplace.

I finally managed to beat DethKlok "Thunderhorse" on hard...

Speaking of unlocking achievements...

I'm a huge First Person Shooter nut. Got Rainbow Six Vegas about three months back and I have finally unlocked every single achievement for the game by nailing all the single polayer Terrorist Hunt missions on "realistic" difficulty. 1000 POINTS!

Game's I've unlocked 1000 point on:

Test Drive Unlimited (Go ahead and take that Saleen S7 Twin Turbo or a Koenigsegg CCR. I'll kick your ass on Makapuki Beach Race with a bike. MV Agusta F1 Tamburini FTW!)

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter II. (I am the God of Snipers in this game. Go ahead and run around, you'll just die tired.)

Spiderman 3 (Spiderman, Spiderman, does whatever a spider can!)

Gears of War (Bunch of mutant asshole from underground? I screwed 'em...)

F.E.A.R. (Creepy damned game. Not the best FPS I've ever plated, but it's fun and the spooky atmosphere of the singleplayer storyline makes this a real fun late night/lights off game.)

These, combined with all the other games I've unlocked mass achievements for is why I've got a Gamerscore of 12,470 right now.

Excuse me while I go partake of another beer and proceade to kick some serious ass on Forza Motorsports 2. Gotta hustle to unlock those achievements.

I had an XBox 360 for just under 3 months. It broke after not much use...this was before Gears came out. I returned it and got my money back. I think the 360 definitely has the best selection of shooters out there, but the hardware issues keep me from buying another one. I have a PS3 but it currently lacks the good titles. Rainbow Six Vegas is finally coming out, so I'll get to do some good shooting soon. A partial track list for Guitar Hero III is out and a lot of the songs are master tracks performed by the actual artists. I'm looking forward to the Priestess song. The new Les Paul controller looks pretty great, too.
_asbestosman
_Emeritus

Post by _asbestosman »

Mr. Coffee wrote:I'm a huge First Person Shooter nut.

Have you played Shadowrun? I checked out the specs needed to play the PC version, and they're pretty high. Apparently you need to have 2GB RAM, a dual-core processor, and be running Windows Vista. If you meet the specs, you can hook up with Xbox 360 players on Live.

What say you? Yeah? Nay?
That's General Leo. He could be my friend if he weren't my enemy.
eritis sicut dii
I support NCMO