Global Warming myths and Facts

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_asbestosman
_Emeritus

Global Warming myths and Facts

Post by _asbestosman »

http://liveearth.msn.com/green/myths

I know the article doesn't address everything. I wonder, for example, how much global warming is due to burning fossil fuels and deforestation compared to the natural cycle. No doubt we cause some of it, but are we the majority contributor. I do not see a consensus on that.

One thing I certainly agree with is that taking steps to be friendlier to the environment need not cost us much. In fact, the steps I take save me money because I don't buy gas to get to work. Personally I think the biggest change we should make is one of culture. However, I do not like people to do better with all sorts of laws. I suppose in that sense I'm not some kind of left-wing guy trying Old Testament take away freedom or whatever Coggins says AGW is all about. Nor do I worship the Earth as an idol. I'm pervectly willing to kill pests that invade my home and to eat meat. I'm willing to use the resources found on earth, but want it to be done with caution. Mind you I don't really want more laws. I just want to find some other motivation for people. I wish people felt it was the right thing to do voluntarily--kind of like donating organs. It's not mandatory, but it really does help.
That's General Leo. He could be my friend if he weren't my enemy.
eritis sicut dii
I support NCMO