Do the guest views count?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Do the guest views count?

Post by _Jersey Girl »

They have to, right? There's 32K views in the Broadhurst/Vogel thread alone.

Just curious.

Jersey Girl
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Re: Do the guest views count?

Post by _Bond...James Bond »

Jersey Girl wrote:They have to, right? There's 32K views in the Broadhurst/Vogel thread alone.

Just curious.

Jersey Girl

Yeah I'm pretty sure they do.

(For those MAD readers keeping score, that means that the highest thread in MAD/FAIR history at 12,500 views is dwarfed by several threads on MDB....put that in your pipe and smoke it Juliann).
"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Bond...James Bond wrote:
Jersey Girl wrote:They have to, right? There's 32K views in the Broadhurst/Vogel thread alone.

Just curious.

Jersey Girl

Yeah I'm pretty sure they do.

(For those MAD readers keeping score, that means that the highest thread in MAD/FAIR history at 12,500 views is dwarfed by several threads on MDB....put that in your pipe and smoke it Juliann).

How did you figure out the MAD/FAIR thread that had the highest views?
Chinese Proverb
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Jersey Girl wrote:How did you figure out the MAD/FAIR thread that had the highest views?

Down at the bottom of their forums you can search by various things (topic started, topic starter, replies, etc) and if you choose to search by views it'll put them in order from fewest views to most views. Then you simply go to the last page and you'll see the threads which have the most views. (I'm assuming the main discussion forum over there would have the most highly viewed threads, larger ones could exist in some of the other threads but I doubt it).
"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Bond...James Bond wrote:
Jersey Girl wrote:How did you figure out the MAD/FAIR thread that had the highest views?

Down at the bottom of their forums you can search by various things (topic started, topic starter, replies, etc) and if you choose to search by views it'll put them in order from fewest views to most views. Then you simply go to the last page and you'll see the threads which have the most views. (I'm assuming the main discussion forum over there would have the most highly viewed threads, larger ones could exist in some of the other threads but I doubt it).

Ah, I see. I just looked at Scratch's blog and that itself has 32K+ views on it. I don't see how this community alone could generate that many views. But what do I know?
Chinese Proverb
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Jersey Girl wrote:Ah, I see. I just looked at Scratch's blog and that itself has 32K+ views on it. I don't see how this community alone could generate that many views. But what do I know?

Someone's apparently reading. It's kinda obvious when you sign in and their are 3 Registered, 2 Hidden, and 49 Guests. Just that not everyone who's reading is posting (hint to you lurkers....sign up and join the rest of us).
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Bond...James Bond wrote:
Jersey Girl wrote:Ah, I see. I just looked at Scratch's blog and that itself has 32K+ views on it. I don't see how this community alone could generate that many views. But what do I know?

Someone's apparently reading. It's kinda obvious when you sign in and their are 3 Registered, 2 Hidden, and 49 Guests. Just that not everyone who's reading is posting (hint to you lurkers....sign up and join the rest of us).

Yeah, seriously. That "critics" thread I started has 60 views on it and it's only been up for a short while.
Chinese Proverb
_Polygamy Porter
_Emeritus

Post by _Polygamy Porter »

*reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload*

Oh kewl! someone replied!

Oh never mind it is just jgirl.. LOL!
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Polygamy Porter wrote:*reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload* *reload*

Oh kewl! someone replied!

Oh never mind it is just jgirl.. LOL!

I actually did reload the board to watch the views counts on a couple of the threads I mentioned to compare the number of guests/members online to how the views counts were going.

As Bond confirmed, the # of members (registered users) could not account for the number of views accumulated.
Chinese Proverb