The War on Terror

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Mr. Coffee
_Emeritus

Post by _Mr. Coffee »

It would help if people would understand that there is a MASSIVE difference between this farcical "War of Terror" and actual counter-terror.

The main problem with the WoT is that it's gone completely past the scope of actual counter-terror. Instead of engaging in proactively hunting down members of terrorsit groups, we've decded to engage in nation building. Instead of keeping operational details as top secret compartmented information, we run giant friggin brigade strength or larger operations like this most recient clusterfuck they're going through the motions of in Iraq along with the commanding officers of each unit telling the reporters the who/what/where/when/how of their OPLAN.

See, a small insurgent group (which is presicely what a terrorist organisation is), when they hear that a massive professional military force is going through their area, they go to ground. Hajji has learned that he cannot survive by taking us on in strength. So he'll wait us out and then hit us when we're back to being weak and complacent.

Which pretty much described the eb and flow of operations in iraq and Afganistan to a T.

If we were serious about killing terrorists, we'd let warriors from units like NAVDEVGRU or SOF Det Delta or Marine Recon clandestinely go forth to kill people and break crap. Not capture (unless we want to interogate someone), not injure, not frighten...

Kill. With much violence of action and extreme brutality.

While you're doing that you commence operations aimed at breaking the will to fight of the people that terrorist groups recruit from. You can do this by either fixing the problem/s that have them pissed in the first place (not likely to happen). Or...

You can do this by making the very thought of damned with the United States and her allies the most horrifically bad idea in the history of bad ideas. You find out that terrorist group A is being funded or equiped or housed by soveriegn nation B? Simple, call their leadership up and tell them they have 24hrs to cease and desist. Not threats, no ultimatums. Just a simple 24hr warning.

At the end of that 24hr the first of many thousanads of tons of bombs start impacting as part of an unrestricted strategic bombing campaign designed around counter-military, counter-industry, counter-C3I, and counter energy. Counter-civilian will be a by product of this due to where many targets are located... But that's part of the idea of getting the idea of making the thought of screwing with the US become a horric idea.

No more invasions.

Reactivate SAC, build a lot of strategic bombers, and unleash Pax Americana at gunpoint on the world.

Eventually either the people who think terrorism is a good idea will rethink their ideaology...

Or there won't be anyone alive in certain nations to become terrorists.

Yeah, we could very easilly win. The only thing that stops us is that we simply do not have the will to do what ever it takes to achieve victory.
On Mathematics: I divided by zero! Oh SHI....
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Post by _Bond...James Bond »

Mr. Coffee wrote:It would help if people would understand that there is a MASSIVE difference between this farcical "War of Terror" and actual counter-terror.

The main problem with the WoT is that it's gone completely past the scope of actual counter-terror. Instead of engaging in proactively hunting down members of terrorsit groups, we've decded to engage in nation building. Instead of keeping operational details as top secret compartmented information, we run giant friggin brigade strength or larger operations like this most recient clusterfuck they're going through the motions of in Iraq along with the commanding officers of each unit telling the reporters the who/what/where/when/how of their OPLAN.

See, a small insurgent group (which is presicely what a terrorist organisation is), when they hear that a massive professional military force is going through their area, they go to ground. Hajji has learned that he cannot survive by taking us on in strength. So he'll wait us out and then hit us when we're back to being weak and complacent.

Which pretty much described the eb and flow of operations in iraq and Afganistan to a T.

If we were serious about killing terrorists, we'd let warriors from units like NAVDEVGRU or SOF Det Delta or Marine Recon clandestinely go forth to kill people and break crap. Not capture (unless we want to interogate someone), not injure, not frighten...

Kill. With much violence of action and extreme brutality.

While you're doing that you commence operations aimed at breaking the will to fight of the people that terrorist groups recruit from. You can do this by either fixing the problem/s that have them pissed in the first place (not likely to happen). Or...

You can do this by making the very thought of damned with the United States and her allies the most horrifically bad idea in the history of bad ideas. You find out that terrorist group A is being funded or equiped or housed by soveriegn nation B? Simple, call their leadership up and tell them they have 24hrs to cease and desist. Not threats, no ultimatums. Just a simple 24hr warning.

At the end of that 24hr the first of many thousanads of tons of bombs start impacting as part of an unrestricted strategic bombing campaign designed around counter-military, counter-industry, counter-C3I, and counter energy. Counter-civilian will be a by product of this due to where many targets are located... But that's part of the idea of getting the idea of making the thought of screwing with the US become a horric idea.

No more invasions.

Reactivate SAC, build a lot of strategic bombers, and unleash Pax Americana at gunpoint on the world.

Eventually either the people who think terrorism is a good idea will rethink their ideaology...

Or there won't be anyone alive in certain nations to become terrorists.

Yeah, we could very easilly win. The only thing that stops us is that we simply do not have the will to do what ever it takes to achieve victory.

I pretty much agree with all this. My grandpa always said...."No one can win a war and be good, only tough".

I think we have to out-tough the hardcore terrorist people, and right now we aren't. And why haven't we caught Osama yet? Isn't he the one who was responsible for 9/11?
"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07
_Mr. Coffee
_Emeritus

Post by _Mr. Coffee »

Bond...James Bond wrote:I pretty much agree with all this. My grandpa always said...."No one can win a war and be good, only tough".

He had it right. You fight those you can kill. Anbd you fight them by whatever means ae needed.

Bond...James Bond wrote:I think we have to out-tough the hardcore terrorist people, and right now we aren't. And why haven't we caught Osama yet? Isn't he the one who was responsible for 9/11?

You are a pussy assed faggot noload civilian. Screw you. You can all kiss my ass on this unless you've recived damned fire.

Otherwise, Screw you.

Go forth and stop reliaing oon your grand dad, asshole. Kill hajio, hill them nbo, and keep kiling haji werew ever you can.

We do more damage then your wannabie faggot ass with ever do in a goddamned month.
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Mr. Coffee wrote:
You are a pussy assed faggot noload civilian. Screw you. You can all kiss my ass on this unless you've recived damned fire.

Otherwise, Screw you.

We do more damage then your wannabie faggot ass with ever do in a goddamned month.

Okay. Thanks Coffee for that verbal cavity search. I was in total need of a colonic, and well now I'm clean as a whistle.
"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07
_Mr. Coffee
_Emeritus

Post by _Mr. Coffee »

Bond...James Bond wrote:
Mr. Coffee wrote:

Otherwise, Screw you.

Okay. Thanks Coffee for that verbal cavity search. I was in total need of a colonic, and well now I'm clean as a whistle.

And the worst part is, you'll continue to think I was ironic...

I wasn't.

Fuckiong fight Hajji, Kill hajji, and destroy Hajji when ever you can.
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Mr. Coffee wrote:
And the worst part is, you'll continue to think I was ironic...

I wasn't.

Fuckiong fight Hajji, Kill hajji, and destroy Hajji when ever you can.

I get it....you're the meanest mother idiot in the valley and all that crap. You've killed people and I haven't. You've taken a bullet in the head and lived while I complain about splinters I get at the boardwalk while eating ice cream. You da man. Geez.
_Mr. Coffee
_Emeritus

Post by _Mr. Coffee »

Bond...James Bond wrote:I get it....you're the meanest mother idiot in the valley and all that crap. You've killed people and I haven't. You've taken a bullet in the head and lived while I complain about splinters I get at the boardwalk while eating ice cream. You da man. Geez.

It all comes down to who you are talking to...

Are you talking to a man you know and can trust, or are you not?

I come from a position of trust.

If you can't trust that then contact me else wise.

But either way, my ships are ready.
_Mr. Coffee
_Emeritus

Post by _Mr. Coffee »

We wait on those asshole unavailbew.

We are there to defeat thr enemy.
We afwate the Russians.
_Mr. Coffee
_Emeritus

Post by _Mr. Coffee »

Even worse, we now are looking at you with a small amount of yourshit.

Now I will kill you iof youy “F” with me. We own you.
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Mr. Coffee wrote:It all comes down to who you are talking to...

Are you talking to a man you know and can trust, or are you not?

I come from a position of trust.

If you can't trust that then contact me else wise.

But either way, my ships are ready.

Yeah I believe all the crap you've said you done.....why would you make up some of that stuff? I'm just a tad irritated that you jump down my ass and call me a total pussy when we've gotten along pretty well on this board so far for one comment I make about something that doesn't even effect you. You act like any type of criticism of the army or the armed forces is a total slap in your face. All I asked is why haven't we caught Bin Laden yet.....and you jump on my ass like I'm a two bit troll or something who's never posted here before.