Reply to Porter's Serious Inquiry

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_barrelomonkeys
_Emeritus

Post by _barrelomonkeys »

Polygamy Porter wrote:Are Depends underpants less expensive at Wallyworld or Target?

What about the Preparation H?

I don't use either product, so I thought I would ask someone who uses them.

Someone who sits in front of the 'puter screen all day and frequently craps themselves and blames it on posts read on this board..

May I suggest the following to save this person hundreds of dollars?

I definitely need that. I get the runs really bad after I gulp my robo.

Today I've been on this way too much. I have a sick 2 year old and he's been pretty much sleeping on me all day. :( Laptops are bad when you're addicted to the internet.
_Polygamy Porter
_Emeritus

Post by _Polygamy Porter »

Jersey Girl wrote:Bad move, Porter.
Ya, I bet the splinters are a bitch!

Lighten up Jgirl. I really do not take any of your discussions serious. While you may have read about the Mormon experience, it is clear you have not experienced it. You appear to be here just for the arguments.
Last edited by Ask Jeeves [Bot] on Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
_barrelomonkeys
_Emeritus

Jersey Girl wrote:
I live in a custom built home that I designed on forested acreage worth real close to 1/2 million $, all paid for...no wheels.

Jersey that sounds wonderful. I bet it is really beautiful.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Polygamy Porter wrote:Ya, I bet the splinters are a bitch!

Lighten up Jgirl. I really do not take any of your discussions serious. While you may have read about the Mormon experience, it is clear you have not experienced it. You appear to be here just for the arguments.

Any "splinters" would be worth far more than a piece of your mind, sweetie.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

barrelomonkeys wrote:
Jersey Girl wrote:
I live in a custom built home that I designed on forested acreage worth real close to 1/2 million $, all paid for...no wheels.

Jersey that sounds wonderful. I bet it is really beautiful.

Nice contrast to the trailer, ain't it?
Chinese Proverb
_barrelomonkeys
_Emeritus

Jersey Girl wrote:Nice contrast to the trailer, ain't it?

Yes. Quite.

I didn't design my home, but we restored it. It's a four square built in 1910 that was in a state of considerable disrepair.

Before

image deleted

This is an after, although it was a few years ago. I need to take more pictures.

image deleted
Last edited by Guest on Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

monkeys!!!

I LOVE that house! Anyone who restores a home like that has got to put their heart and soul into it! That is just gorgeous! Do you have hardwood floors? I'd kill for hardwood floors. We're in the process right now of taking up the w/w carpeting and laying laminate which gives the allusion of hardwood....but it ain't hardwood that's for sure!

I don't have a photo of our house on this computer and I looked on google for something like it. I just don't see anything really like it there.

Think: rustic, cedar, 12/12 pitch roof (not an A-frame), trapezoid windows, vaulted ceiling, great room, floor to ceiling rock fire place...that kind of thing.

I notice a great contrast between your front yard, bikes and sidewalks...and what our life is like. Around here we live with "critters"...deer, red foxes, squirrels and that sort of thing. I remember my kid saying "Mom, look at the big black dog!" and me answering "That's not a dog, hon, that's a bear...it's time to go inside now"

;-)

Gotta love it!
Chinese Proverb
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Seems that house had fallen into apostasy, but now it is nicely restored.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_barrelomonkeys
_Emeritus

Jersey Girl wrote:monkeys!!!

I LOVE that house! Anyone who restores a home like that has got to put their heart and soul into it! That is just gorgeous! Do you have hardwood floors? I'd kill for hardwood floors. We're in the process right now of taking up the w/w carpeting and laying laminate which gives the allusion of hardwood....but it ain't hardwood that's for sure!

I don't have a photo of our house on this computer and I looked on google for something like it. I just don't see anything really like it there.

Think: rustic, cedar, 12/12 pitch roof (not an A-frame), trapezoid windows, vaulted ceiling, great room, floor to ceiling rock fire place...that kind of thing.

I notice a great contrast between your front yard, bikes and sidewalks...and what our life is like. Around here we live with "critters"...deer, red foxes, squirrels and that sort of thing. I remember my kid saying "Mom, look at the big black dog!" and me answering "That's not a dog, hon, that's a bear...it's time to go inside now"

;-)

Gotta love it!

Jersey, That sounds like my husband's dream home. We lived on a farm before we moved to our current house and he hates all of the neighbors. He prefers privacy. Maybe that's because he never had any growing up in San Diego.

I do have hardwoods. You're going to be sorry you asked. MORE before and after.

images deleted

We did most of the work ourselves. My husband wanted to weep when I pulled us up outside of it. It was his nightmare. Money pit in real life. But I loved it. And he loves me. :)

What was this thread about?

So where do you shop Jersey? PP wants to know.