Sea Stories with Evil Uncle Coffee....

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Mr. Coffee
_Emeritus

Post by _Mr. Coffee »

Oh, this is fun...

It's fuinny uou mentioned FvA on MSN, Pumple, because now I'm starting to recognize the posting style. Wouldn't happen to be a certain palestinian asshat over there, would you? Also, that profile was written about three or four years back, so the ages are off by the respective ammounts.

Iceland was pretty damned cold that winter. Also, having to be out in it, time and dramatic license makes it seem all that much colder. Eitherway, plenty cold enough for a dumbass Corporal to get his hands stuck fast.

As far as spending $60k on "toys" goes vs disability, I don't live off of VA benis. I haven't had to since I left the Marines thanks to 1. using my head and saving and investing my money while I was in so I had a damned nice nest egg to start with, 2. I used a VA loan to start a buisness which has worked out quite well, and 3. Pop left me a metric lot of money in his will when he died. Blowing a couple of ten grand on a bike or a car isn't going to hurt me.

But now that's you've opened the door on backgrounds, who about you share yours so we can go over you with a fine toothed comb?

Shades, my oldest was born in early 1989, my youngest in late 1991. Yes, I smoked pot, drank, tried acid, ate shrooms, and smoked a pack a day since I was 14 before I joined. How does a potsmoker get into the Military? Easy, you give yourself about two weeks to let your system clean out before going to MEPS and you lie your ass off on the national security background check form. Hell, the Recruiter told me that much. As far as the "you and me both" statement, I ment that as in you and me both had a reason to remember that date.

Jersey, I've got PSTD, I'm not on disability for it, I attend a support group for it. Pretty much bog-standard really.

So I hope that helps and you three can stop derailing my goddamned thread already. Have a nice day!
On Mathematics: I divided by zero! Oh SHI....
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Coffee,

Glad to see you came back here to fill in the blanks, not that you are under any obligation whatsoever to do so. Stalker simply narrowed his so called "argument" to VA bennies only. For some reason he thinks prior service/retiree/DAV can't live comfortably and he based that totally on a benefits schedule. I was going to inject the possibility of investment and inheritance but I thought better of it.

Your finances are your business, as well as your medical issues. You have nothing whatsoever to prove to anyone on this board, Coffee.

"If we're going to start taking oaths, there's a couple of people I wanna swear in" -Pacino

Enjoy your day!

Jersey
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Pumplehoober
_Emeritus

Post by _Pumplehoober »

Mr. Coffee wrote:Oh, this is fun...

It's fuinny uou mentioned FvA on MSN, Pumple, because now I'm starting to recognize the posting style. Wouldn't happen to be a certain palestinian asshat over there, would you? Also, that profile was written about three or four years back, so the ages are off by the respective ammounts.

How wonderfully original, claim I am someone else.

Iceland was pretty damned cold that winter. Also, having to be out in it, time and dramatic license makes it seem all that much colder. Eitherway, plenty cold enough for a dumbass Corporal to get his hands stuck fast.

Like I said genitalia freezes at different temperatures for different people. There should be a historical record for -40 below though. Where is it? Link?

As far as spending $60k on "toys" goes vs disability, I don't live off of VA benis. I haven't had to since I left the Marines thanks to 1. using my head and saving and investing my money while I was in so I had a damned nice nest egg to start with, 2. I used a VA loan to start a buisness which has worked out quite well, and 3. Pop left me a metric lot of money in his will when he died. Blowing a couple of ten grand on a bike or a car isn't going to hurt me.

Of course you are not going to be hurt. You're the baddest, toughest, sexiest, most eloquent fiction around here.

Shades, my oldest was born in early 1989, my youngest in late 1991.

According to this website…

http://msnusers.com/FundiesvsAtheists/m ... ation.msnw

…they are 12 and 14, and the website was updated in 2006. Are you telling me you did not bother to indicate a 4-year change in your “pets” ages?
_Pumplehoober
_Emeritus

Post by _Pumplehoober »

Mr. Coffee wrote:Yes, I smoked pot, drank, tried acid, ate shrooms, and smoked a pack a day since I was 14 before I joined. How does a potsmoker get into the Military? Easy, you give yourself about two weeks to let your system clean out before going to MEPS and you lie your ass off on the national security background check form.

This is the same guy who spoke so highly of honor, of duty and civic responsibility? Is this what it means to be a warrior? To "lie your ass off"? What a sterling example!!!!
_Mr. Coffee
_Emeritus

Post by _Mr. Coffee »

Pumplehoober wrote:How wonderfully original, claim I am someone else.

Not really, considering the only person I know on FvA that is 1. Muslim and 2. Has a reason for trying to play cross board drama would be Scorp. So how ya doing?

Pumplehoober wrote:There should be a historical record for -40 below though. Where is it? Link?

I dunno, you're the internet superslueth, you show me.

Pumplehoober wrote:Of course you are not going to be hurt. You're the baddest, toughest, sexiest, most eloquent fiction around here.

And back to the ad hominems. I'm starting to wonder if I inadvertantly bite you when you were a child, Scorp.

Pumplehoober wrote:…they are 12 and 14, and the website was updated in 2006. Are you telling me you did not bother to indicate a 4-year change in your “pets” ages?

Last time I was on the site I added that "Evil Atheist Conspiracy" banner, and no, it really hadn't crossed my mind. Especially considering the last time I posted on that site was sometime around when I added that banner.
On Mathematics: I divided by zero! Oh SHI....
_Pumplehoober
_Emeritus

Post by _Pumplehoober »

Mr. Coffee wrote:Not really, considering the only person I know on FvA that is 1. Muslim and 2. Has a reason for trying to play cross board drama would be Scorp. So how ya doing?

Ask the moderation here if I am Palestinian.

I dunno, you're the internet superslueth, you show me.

Unable to support stupid urination story. Understood.

And back to the ad hominems. I'm starting to wonder if I inadvertantly bite you when you were a child, Scorp.

If you bit me wouldn't I have superpowers like Spider-Man or something? I'm sure you're radioactive in addition to being everything else...

Last time I was on the site I added that "Evil Atheist Conspiracy" banner, and no, it really hadn't crossed my mind. Especially considering the last time I posted on that site was sometime around when I added that banner.

So in 4 years it never occurred to you to update the profile, though it did occur to you to add a stupid banner? Not plausible.