Sea Stories with Evil Uncle Coffee....

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Pumplehoober wrote:
Jersey Girl wrote:First off, Stalker, I in no way expressed "automatic acceptance".

Again your insults are a thinly veiled attempt to hide your own poor reason and lack of thought. Please feel free to continue to disagree however.

I challenged your implied assertion that coffee couldn't be a comfortably wealthy disabled vet/enlisted prior service member of the USMC.

[b]I know of no one in the US military who could afford to blow $60k on a third motorcycle on disability or just based on an average retirement. I don't know any disabled vets who could easily drop $60k on a primary car, let alone a completely superfluous toy.[.b]

Stick that up your reasoning or lack there of.

Again, your lack of thought is hardly my fault.

Well you're talking to one, dear.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Pumplehoober
_Emeritus

Post by _Pumplehoober »

Jersey Girl wrote:Well you're talking to one, dear.

Well you say so, so it simply must be true.

Edit: Since I am always willing to be proven wrong, here are military disability compensation tables. Please explain the math where dropping $60k on a toy easily explainable…

http://www.military.com/benefits/vetera ... ables#BM05
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Pumplehoober:

The reason I didn't doubt Mr. Coffee isn't because of a lack of critical thinking, it's because it's my policy to take someone at face value unless there's a reason to do otherwise.

Simply put, if I was to do detective work on every single poster who shows up here, I wouldn't have any time to moderate the board, much less use & enjoy it myself.
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Pumplehoober
_Emeritus

Post by _Pumplehoober »

Dr. Shades wrote:The reason I didn't doubt Mr. Coffee isn't because of a lack of critical thinking, it's because it's my policy to take someone at face value unless there's a reason to do otherwise.

Simply put, if I was to do detective work on every single poster who shows up here, I wouldn't have any time to moderate the board, much less use & enjoy it myself.

Well since he threatened to kill one of your posters you might want to rethink that policy.

Secondly, how could Coffee possibly be real? Look at what the freakshow writes? Does ANYONE really exist like that? He is such a caricature that he had to be fake.

Everything he did was exaggerated to make him look like what he considers macho, the macho mentality itself being a caricature of masculinity. If he had a car, it was the baddest on the road. If he had a motorcycle it was the baddest on the road. If he had a gun, it was the baddest on the block. What do you honestly think it would say if asked to explain his…ahem…anatomy? I'd bet your life he'd claim he was a stunt double for Ron Jeremy.

Consider his $60k bike. It is entirely possible that someone could buy a used bike like that for MUCH less than $60k, but Coffee is the type of guy who would claim he bought it new because no butt but his would ever touch his bike!!! I can see him say it.

He was WAY too over the top, WAY too tough, and WAY too Coffee. You've got no obligation to perform a background investigation on him, but you fell for his crap as much as everyone else here did. You even had a hint…

http://mormondiscussions.com/discuss/vi ... ea9c1dd63b

…you recognized the inconsistencies in his story. You ran with it because he said he was drunk. This is the same thing I saw that made me think he was full of crap. You had all the evidence you needed.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Stalker
You had all the evidence you needed.

Evidence to do what with exactly? To prove what? That he's mentally ill? I don't care if he's a card carrying loon on a popsicle stick. So far as I can tell he didn't come to this board for the express purpose of stalking one of our participants. And you?
Chinese Proverb
_Pumplehoober
_Emeritus

Post by _Pumplehoober »

Jersey Girl wrote:Stalker

Evidence to do what with exactly? To prove what? That he's mentally ill?

He claimed to have called down a nuclear strike. Since there has not been a nuclear strike in several decades (since the 1940's), this seems untrue. Does claiming to have pulled down a nuclear strike qualify someone as mentally ill? It certainly makes the person a liar. Is lying excused by mental illness? I suppose in some cases. At the very least it should have raised some serious red flags.

Waiting for that explanation about disability compensation by the way.

Edit: Thought I would mention again that he threatened to kill someone. Another serious red flag.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Pumplehoober wrote:

He claimed to have called down a nuclear strike. Since there has not been a nuclear strike in several decades (since the 1940's), this seems untrue. Does claiming to have pulled down a nuclear strike qualify someone as mentally ill? It certainly makes the person a liar. Is lying excused by mental illness? I suppose in some cases. At the very least it should have raised some serious red flags.

He's mentally ill. What's your excuse?
Chinese Proverb
_Pumplehoober
_Emeritus

Post by _Pumplehoober »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Pumplehoober wrote:

He's mentally ill. What's your excuse?

Why are you assuming he is ill? Why assume anything he has said is true?

Edit: Why do you assume he was even in the military?
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Stalker

Why are you assuming he is ill? Why assume anything he has said is true?

Edit: Why do you assume he was even in the military?

I assume that he is both because he said so and displays symptoms of his illness. I assume you're a stalker because you are.
Chinese Proverb
_Pumplehoober
_Emeritus

Post by _Pumplehoober »

Jersey Girl wrote:I assume that he is both because he said so and displays symptoms of his illness.

So we are back to believing what you are told without critical thought. And just what was his illness? What were the symptoms?

Is excessive bragging indicative of mental illness? Is attempting to portray yourself as the toughest man alive a symptom of PTSD?

What symptoms were exhibited here? Please provide quotes and links.

I do not think you have the slightest idea what you are talking about, but I thought the same with respect to the compensation issue. You failed miserably to support your position then, so why stop the string of useless rhetoric now?

I assume you're a stalker because you are.

Well I suppose that is a step up in maturity. First it was your disabled husband's fault, now it is mine. Maybe eventually you will accept adult responsibility for your own actions, or lack thereof, and mentally develop to a full adult. Here's to constant optimism!