Feeling the spirit---literally

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Blixa
_Emeritus

Feeling the spirit---literally

Post by _Blixa »

A Uganda-based preacher has denied charges he tried to import an electric shock machine to make people believe he could pass on the Holy Spirit.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/6294666.stm
From the Ernest L. Wilkinson Diaries: "ELW dreams he's spattered w/ grease. Hundreds steal his greasy pants."
_Gazelam
_Emeritus

Post by _Gazelam »

that's pretty funny. I guess when you don't have the real thing, you resort to things like this.
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. - Plato
_Doctor Steuss
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor Steuss »

Mexican food is much more effective.
"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead." ~Charles Bukowski
_Mercury
_Emeritus

Post by _Mercury »

Gazelam wrote:that's pretty funny. I guess when you don't have the real thing, you resort to things like this.

I guess getting sloppy ass drunk and claiming individuals saw (with spiritual eyes, mind you) the gold plates is more effective.
And crawling on the planet's face
Some insects called the human race
Lost in time
And lost in space...and meaning
_Gazelam
_Emeritus

Mercury

Post by _Gazelam »

I guess getting sloppy ass drunk and claiming individuals saw (with spiritual eyes, mind you) the gold plates is more effective.

Wow, if that's what your family did for family home evening back in the day, I can see how that could result in your hard feelings towards the church now.

FHE isnt supposed to be like that, please bring it up with your SP next time he comes by for a visit.
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. - Plato
_Polygamy Porter
_Emeritus

Post by _Polygamy Porter »

Gazelam wrote:that's pretty funny. I guess when you don't have the real thing, you resort to things like this.
Annnd the real thing is exactly what?

A self induced emotional epiphany?