Getting ready for ROCKLAHOMA!

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_KimberlyAnn
_Emeritus

Getting ready for ROCKLAHOMA!

Post by _KimberlyAnn »

I'm going to a huge rock festival here in Oklahoma. It's a three day event featuring big hair bands from the 80's and my husband has been looking forward to it for some time now. Tonight, we're meeting with a exmo who posts on another board. He used to play for LA Guns and is flying in for the concert. We're having dinner with him and his buddies from Dokken and Queensreich (sp?) tonight and I'm trying to figure out what to wear. Most of my clothes are what I like to call "PTA Chic". I need something kinda sexy but not slutty for tonight. Not dressy, though. It's a quandary.

Oh, well. I gotta try on some more outfits.

KA

Here's the link to all the bands that are playing: http://www.rockfeverfest.com/artists.php
_barrelomonkeys
_Emeritus

Post by _barrelomonkeys »

That sounds like fun KA. I think I'd wear jeans and a cute top. But that's what I always wear. Did you decide yet?
_Gazelam
_Emeritus

Post by _Gazelam »

Queensryche are a great band. They have a strong reputation for being as good live as they are on the album. I always liked them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHZlfTPJdKw
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. - Plato
_Polygamy Porter
_Emeritus

Post by _Polygamy Porter »

Most of the bands listed authored one hit wonders, so it would take that many to have enough songs for a concert :)

Seriously though, there are some kick ass bands there.

And this in Oklahoma?

I just wish more 80's couples went dancing to support an 80's dance club. I just cannot get into the tencho crap rap that they play at the dance halls..

Last summer, my wife and I went to a 80's live karaoke band night at a small pub in Salt Lake. You sang with a live band. It was a blast.

Are you going all three days?

Man that would be fun. Drinking and rocking out with my wife for three days! VIP price of $275 each includes food and all you can drink beer for all three days! DAYYAMM!
_KimberlyAnn
_Emeritus

Post by _KimberlyAnn »

I had a blast last night!

Book of Mormon (ha!), I wore jeans and a lacy tank top with a sheer black short sleeved shirt and the polka-dot shoes I had as my avatar. I thought it was a cute outfit.

We were at the concert for nine hours, but the time just flew. We sat by people from all over the country who had driven or flown in for the festival, which will be an annual event. We're definitely going next year, too.

The fellow to my right was hilariously funny. He nicknamed all the people we saw going back and forth in front of us. One fellow, whom he called "Skidmark", was high on something or other and was wildly entertaining, although he kept sticking his tongue out at me for some reason. Another fellow down the aisle to my left had what he called the "Skank Cam". He took pictures of skanky girls all night. I made sure to alert him when I noticed one. We had stimulating conversations, like whether or not one could use "skank" and "ho" interchangeably or if there was a difference between them, and if there were a difference, just what would that difference be?

I saw more people in need of dental work than I've ever seen in my life, and lots of ladies in bikini tops who's saggy boobies made me feel fantastic about my own rack. Nothing like a rock concert or a county fair to make me feel good about myself!

The bands were great. It really was a good show. But, mostly, I enjoyed the people watching. And the beer. Being slightly buzzed made everything so funny, especially people's t-shirts. I saw so many funny t-shirts there. My favorite was on a hillbilly looking woman and it said, "I wanna check you for ticks." LOL! Plus, I dance a lot when I'm buzzed and the dude behind me said I danced just like a girl on a video. I'm kinda embarrassed about it now, so I hope I don't do it again tomorrow. Best not to drink so much, probably.

The only bad thing was that some dude came up to me while Tom was getting more beer and stuck his camera about two feet from my chest and took a picture. He didn't even bother getting my face in the shot. I couldn't believe it. He checked his shot right in front of me and then went and sat down! He was only a row in front of me and a few chairs over. I was irritated, but I didn't tell my husband. Tom was fairly drunk and I was afraid he would have started something over it and I didn't want that. But the jerk with the camera kept whistling and acting stupid for the rest of the night, so hopefully he won't be near us tomorrow.

I doubt we'll get to go again today. A storm came through and knocked a huge tree down over our driveway. Tom's out with his chainsaw working on it now, but it's a giant mess and I'm not sure he'll be up for another night like we had last night. We're definitely going tomorrow night, though.

Porter, you'd have loved it! You should come down next year for the concert. I think it'd be worth it. Plus, you could camp if you wanted. It's like Woodstock down here. People are camped everywhere, there's food stands and bands playing in all the beer tents, it's even muddy as hell from all the rain. I think I got the munchies from second hand marijuana smoke!

I better go take Tom some lemonade and make sure he hasn't cut off his hand with the chainsaw.

KA
_Gazelam
_Emeritus

Check you for Ticks

Post by _Gazelam »

That line is from a Brad Paisley song. This videos no good, so maybe shut your screen off to hear the song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErfwM7-Q8nU

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. - Plato
_Blixa
_Emeritus

Post by _Blixa »

KimberlyAnn wrote:
I saw more people in need of dental work than I've ever seen in my life

I swear I wasn't there!
From the Ernest L. Wilkinson Diaries: "ELW dreams he's spattered w/ grease. Hundreds steal his greasy pants."