Dear Car Drivers....

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Mr. Coffee
_Emeritus

Dear Car Drivers....

Post by _Mr. Coffee »

For the love of Bob learn to WATCH OUT FOR damned MOTORCYCLES, YOU BLIND ASSHOLES!

This morning I got up, figuring on going for a ride. Forcast calls for sunny skys and good temps, so I figure this is riding weather. I don my armor and straddle my mgithy steed (Suzuki GSXR1300 Hayabusa) and head for the local gan 'n go for some fuel and gatoraid to fill up my camelback. On the way there I'm cruising down a fourlane road with a suicide lane, I'm in the inside lane, got a suburban about 100yards ahead in my lane, a late model Lincoln in the right lane about 50yards up, and various cars passing in the oncoming lanes.

Smooth sailing, I've got situational awareness, I'm in the middle of second gear doing about 55mph, so I'm slow enough to break effectively or in the middle of the bike's powerband if I need a hard burn to pass. All's well...

Until...

There's a light about 1mile ahead, my exit isn't for another three miles, so I hold my lane. That's when I notice that the lincoln is slowing slightly, falling from 50yards back to being right next to me. I notice that the car is being driven by a woman in her late fifties/early sixties. Warning lights start flashing in my brain as she LOOKS RIGHT AT ME before trying to changing into my lane while myself and damned near 900Lbs of big damned LOUD bike are still occupying that space.

I lay into my horn, but I guess this bitch, on top of having worse eyesight than Ray damned Charles, was also deaf as a post.

So I rear my foot back and plant a good kick into her door, which seemed to finally clue the dumbass that there is a damned BIKE THERE. The look of shock on her face told me what was coming next...

She didn't back into her own lane. No, that'd wouldsimple and render the situation over. Instead this lady reacts by oversteering towars me. That's when I said "“F” this crap...." and laid into my bike's throttle.

I figured BUG 4 would do it. What's that you ask? It's a precise scientific unit of speed based on the speed at which a bug will splatter when it hits you instead of bouncing off, generally accerpted at being at or very near 55mph. So I was already boarderline BUG 1.

So I give a sharp twist to the throttle, and on a 1300cc superbike, a little twist goes a loooooooooooooooooooong way. I accelerated from 55mph to 195+ in less time then it took for you to read this sentance. This bike has the distinction of being the world's fastest production bike coming out of the facotry. I've tuned the hell out of mine (to the tune (HA PUN!) of 500+hp on two wheels), so my Hayabusa is a wee bit faster then that.

One blink, there's dumbass old lady about to hit me. Next blink I'm hugging fueltank to keep my body and the bike as a single aerodynamic mass and I'm passing the suburban like it was sitting still. Make that last three miles to my stop go by fast.

So I fill my tank, grab a bit to eat, and RTB'd. I think I'll wait another couple of hours to let the dickheads clear off my roads and then see how fast I can go from Dallas to San Antonio...

So please, people... What'sa where the hell your going. Us Zipsplat riders are out there too.
On Mathematics: I divided by zero! Oh SHI....
_Gadianton
_Emeritus

Post by _Gadianton »

I quit riding while I was still lucky.

I don't understand tricking out a 'Busa. It's limited at 186 MPH with a stock 160 HP engine already. Adding 500 horsepower can't get more than a few MPH faster because of the drag coefficient nightmare motorcycles are.
Lou Midgley 08/20/2020: "...meat wad," and "cockroach" are pithy descriptions of human beings used by gemli? They were not fashioned by Professor Peterson.

LM 11/23/2018: one can explain away the soul of human beings...as...a Meat Unit, to use Professor Peterson's clever derogatory description of gemli's ideology.
_Mr. Coffee
_Emeritus

Post by _Mr. Coffee »

Gadianton wrote:I don't understand tricking out a 'Busa.

Most people don't. But by the same token, what's the point of suping up a car, or a boat, or making aircraft that go faster?

Why? Because I can and I know somewhere there is a cop about to take a sip of his coffee and shoot it out his nose when his radargun flashes a speed of over 200mph at him.

Gadianton wrote: It's limited at 186 MPH with a stock 160 HP engine already.

Yeah, limited by the fuel injection contoller. When you switch that little bit of silicon out for it's performance oriented cousin, limit go bye-bye. Couple of other tweaks and your back to or well above what the bike can do from the factory prior to them detuning it for general street use.

Gadianton wrote:Adding 500 horsepower can't get more than a few MPH faster because of the drag coefficient nightmare motorcycles are.

Which is why the fastest speed recorded by the American Motocycle Association for an open wheeled bike, 252.832mph, was set by a tuned and turbocharged Hayabusa, amirite....

As far as more horsepower/drag coefficient goes, the reason why you see vehicles like the Bugati Veyron or the Koenigsegg CC8S blazing down the strip with engines rated at 1000bhp+ is because, well golly gee, more power can push you through the air.

Works the same with bikes as well.
_Gadianton
_Emeritus

Post by _Gadianton »

What I'm questioning, Mr. Coffee, is the marginal benefit. Take the limiter off your bike and what's the top speed? Now add your 300 hp, and what's your top speed?
Lou Midgley 08/20/2020: "...meat wad," and "cockroach" are pithy descriptions of human beings used by gemli? They were not fashioned by Professor Peterson.

LM 11/23/2018: one can explain away the soul of human beings...as...a Meat Unit, to use Professor Peterson's clever derogatory description of gemli's ideology.
_Mr. Coffee
_Emeritus

Post by _Mr. Coffee »

Gadianton wrote:What I'm questioning, Mr. Coffee, is the marginal benefit. Take the limiter off your bike and what's the top speed? Now add your 300 hp, and what's your top speed?

Without the limiter and tuned back to factory specs, it'll run around 205mph. Add the turbo, performance chip, better exhuast system, replace different parts with lighter weight carbon fiber parts, ect.. I'm not sure how fast it can really go as I've yet to try and go faster than around 220.

But as far as "marginal benifit" goes, the difference between a limited speed of 186mph and 220+mph(or the 252+mph record for the bike). Basic guesstamation says that's a gainof 25% or more. Not exactly what I'd call "marginal".

Oh, and I also painted it red, because red goes faster then other colors.