Any "Sex and the City" fans out there?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Gazelam
_Emeritus

Post by _Gazelam »

I just picked up The Fall Guy season one. : )

I'll let ya know if its as good as I remember from all those years ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NGqwxz1S-k
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. - Plato
_silentkid
_Emeritus

Post by _silentkid »

Blixa wrote:Freaks and Geeks was utter genius. I was devoted to that show.

Judd Apatow ran a wonderful website for the series while it was running. He, Paul Feig and Mike White used to drop in to the discussion board quite often, as did many of the cast. They used to post a ginormous amount of behind the scenes pics every week for the shooting of that week's episode, as well as providing photo coverage of their cast parties. The whole gang was very fan-friendly and that's why they had such a committed following. In fact, when its cancellation was announced a group of fans, including myself, pooled our money together to take out a full page ad in Variety to beg ABC not to cancel.

Our efforts were in vain, though. But I did get a great McKinley High gym t-shirt for my efforts.

Have you seen Mike White's film, Chuck and Buck?

I was going to do a separate post about how the last episode of Freaks and Geeks made me feel the so-called spirit way more than any church experience ever did. I'm jealous of your shirt. Does it have a picture of the mascot? I haven't seen Chuck and Buck, but will look for it pronto. I've got Undeclared on my shelf as well and am planning on watching it soon. Judd Apatow and crew are amazing. I can't wait for Superbad.
_Blixa
_Emeritus

Post by _Blixa »

Naw, just the McKinley font and a number and on the back its a quote from Bill Haverchuck, "Dodge ball is rather a stupid game, isn't it?"

I loved Bill. But the weird part is, I looked a bit like Lindsay in High School (and was a lot like her, if you substitute English for Math) and my husband as a boy was dead ringer for Sam.
From the Ernest L. Wilkinson Diaries: "ELW dreams he's spattered w/ grease. Hundreds steal his greasy pants."
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

*sigh* This is a 2 page thread and most of it doesn't deal with SATC at all.

Oh, well. I'll have to continue to find fans among my fan fiction group for Sex and the City.

Carry on!

;)