Any "Sex and the City" fans out there?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_barrelomonkeys
_Emeritus

Post by _barrelomonkeys »

I've never watched Sex and the City. My parents did and love the show. Which was odd for me.

One night I popped in on my parents (they're in their late 60's) and they had Howard Stern on.

No wonder I'm such a wacko.

I've never liked SJP either.
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Post by _Bond...James Bond »

Yeah I hated it......the slutty one was too old, the neurotic redhead was too bitchy and whiny, and SJP is the 2nd ugliest "leading" actress in Hollywood (Debra Messing takes last place). All in all, I hated it.
"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07
_KimberlyAnn
_Emeritus

Post by _KimberlyAnn »

Bond...James Bond wrote:Yeah I hated it......the slutty one was too old, the neurotic redhead was too bitchy and whiny, and SJP is the 2nd ugliest "leading" actress in Hollywood (Debra Messing takes last place). All in all, I hated it.

Bond, who's the ugliest leading actress in Hollywood?

Curious,

KA
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Post by _Bond...James Bond »

This image brought to you by the liz fan fiction fans:

For KA: Debra Messing
"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

Bond...James Bond wrote:This image brought to you by the liz fan fiction fans:

For KA: Debra Messing

LOL! Thanks, Bond.

And this will make absolutely NO SENSE unless you read my story.
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

So, Bond, care to review my naughty fan fiction?
_Polygamy Porter
_Emeritus

Post by _Polygamy Porter »

Liz,

I know at least one jack Mormon who is a fan.

I have not seen one episode, but am I correct to say that this MadTV parody is fairly accurate?
_Mr. Coffee
_Emeritus

Post by _Mr. Coffee »

Bond...James Bond wrote:and SJP is the 2nd ugliest "leading" actress in Hollywood (Debra Messing takes last place).

From the neck up, I agree with you about Sarah Jessica Parker. Woman's nose looks like a make-up artist prop from the set of "The Wizard of Oz". If that isn't a bonifide JAP hooknose, then I'll go back to temple and be a good little redsea pedestrian. From the neck down, SJP is definently not hard to look at.

Drape a flag over her head and do it for you're country!

I found Sex and the City to be hit/miss (Yeah, I used to watch it. I was very bored...). Some episodes they actually had a plot direction in mind and something resembling a story to move along. Sometimes it was just four whores sitting around gossiping about the size of this episode's "talking penis of the week".

The ladies were... Meh... The redhead was scary looking, the mousy one was annoying, and well... SJP was just someone I wanted to see an episode written around her being pushed in front of a subway train.

Then there was Kim Cantrell... Woman just gets better looking over time. Definent Cougar material there.
On Mathematics: I divided by zero! Oh SHI....
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

Then there was Kim Cantrell... Woman just gets better looking over time. Definent Cougar material there.

Kim Catrell was my favorite character of the bunch. I loved that she was older, still sexy, and comfortable with her body.
_Coggins7
_Emeritus

Post by _Coggins7 »

Sex in The City. What absolute, utter, and impeccable trash. I watch quite literally no general cable or network Television. My satellite viewing involves, when I do watch some, The Discovery Channel, Science Channel, History Channel, National Geographic, and similar venues, with a little TMC or AMC thrown in when something good is on (AMC has turned to crap the last couple of years, I don't know what happened to them). Then there's C-SPAN 1 and 2, BYU, and the NASA channel. I also watch LINK now and then to catch up with the American lunatic fringe. Chiller has potential but right now its a miasma of repetition, much like HBO was 20 to 25 years ago. Other satellite channels featuring martial arts or science fiction are just as bad these days, featuring the same two or three films for an entire 24 hour period and then repeating this format for months at a time.

Otherwise, there's nothing on (I was interested in 24, but just never got around to viewing it). I'm a movie afficianado, and probably most of the viewing I do is of my own DVDs or tapes (Just yesterday I watched my new Brave Archer and His Mate, (Brave Archer 4), a classic "Venom" film of the early eighties from the new Celestial Films Shaw Brothers collection. Chang Cheh at his best. Fantastic! ).

No I can't even approximate the martial arts anymore, but oh, the memories...
The face of sin today often wears the mask of tolerance.

- Thomas S. Monson