Any "Sex and the City" fans out there?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

Coggins wrote:Sex in The City. What absolute, utter, and impeccable trash.

Why, Coggins.....Your opinion of the show comes as such a surprise and shock! ;)

Actually, I watch a lot of movies and DVD's, too.

Scary that we can be alike and different at the same time, isn't it?

LOL
_The Nehor
_Emeritus

Post by _The Nehor »

Every recent great show has been cancelled before their time:

"Dead Like Me"
"Firefly"
"Home Movies"

So sad am I. I no longer get satellite or Cable.
"Surely he knows that DCP, The Nehor, Lamanite, and other key apologists..." -Scratch clarifying my status in apologetics
"I admit it; I'm a petty, petty man." -Some Schmo
_Blixa
_Emeritus

Post by _Blixa »

Home Movies.

yes. Jason.
From the Ernest L. Wilkinson Diaries: "ELW dreams he's spattered w/ grease. Hundreds steal his greasy pants."
_The Nehor
_Emeritus

Post by _The Nehor »

Blixa wrote:Home Movies.

yes. Jason.

I loved the Coach.

This clip is comforting to me. I've had BAD dates but I can't think of one to match this one:

"I can drink the hallucinogenic coffee and you can watch me hallucinate"

"You get fat lady, you get fat."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gww31g6NFSQ
Last edited by Guest on Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Surely he knows that DCP, The Nehor, Lamanite, and other key apologists..." -Scratch clarifying my status in apologetics
_Blixa
_Emeritus

Post by _Blixa »

Yeah McGurk is probably the best character. I wish there was a spin off show about him.
From the Ernest L. Wilkinson Diaries: "ELW dreams he's spattered w/ grease. Hundreds steal his greasy pants."
_Mr. Coffee
_Emeritus

Post by _Mr. Coffee »

The Nehor wrote:
"Firefly"

Dude, you have no damned clue how much I want to find the chode at Fox that canceled that show and remove their ability to breed with the medical equivelent to an apple corer....
On Mathematics: I divided by zero! Oh SHI....
_The Nehor
_Emeritus

Post by _The Nehor »

Mr. Coffee wrote:Dude, you have no damned clue how much I want to find the chode at Fox that canceled that show and remove their ability to breed with the medical equivelent to an apple corer....

I'm with you. It's ironic that the best of Joss Whedon's shows lasted the shortest amount of time. Oh well, he was a genius with all of them.
_silentkid
_Emeritus

Post by _silentkid »

I still have my DVD set of Firefly sitting on my shelf. I haven't watched it yet. I just finished watching Freaks and Geeks (which I highly recommend) and am currently making my way through the two and a half seasons of Arrested Development. Firefly will follow.
_The Nehor
_Emeritus

Post by _The Nehor »

silentkid wrote:I still have my DVD set of Firefly sitting on my shelf. I haven't watched it yet. I just finished watching Freaks and Geeks (which I highly recommend) and am currently making my way through the two and a half seasons of Arrested Development. Firefly will follow.

I'm in the middle of Babylon 5 right now.
_Blixa
_Emeritus

Post by _Blixa »

silentkid wrote: I just finished watching Freaks and Geeks (which I highly recommend)

Freaks and Geeks was utter genius. I was devoted to that show.

Judd Apatow ran a wonderful website for the series while it was running. He, Paul Feig and Mike White used to drop in to the discussion board quite often, as did many of the cast. They used to post a ginormous amount of behind the scenes pics every week for the shooting of that week's episode, as well as providing photo coverage of their cast parties. The whole gang was very fan-friendly and that's why they had such a committed following. In fact, when its cancellation was announced a group of fans, including myself, pooled our money together to take out a full page ad in Variety to beg ABC not to cancel.

Our efforts were in vain, though. But I did get a great McKinley High gym t-shirt for my efforts.

Have you seen Mike White's film, Chuck and Buck?