Temperature Record of the Week.

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Coggins7
_Emeritus

Temperature Record of the Week.

Post by _Coggins7 »

To bolster our claim that "There Has Been Little Net Global Warming Over the Past 70 Years," each week we highlight the temperature record of one of the 1221 U.S. Historical Climatology Network (USHCN) stations from 1930-2005.

This issue's temperature record of the week is from Beaver City, NE. During the period of most significant greenhouse gas buildup over the past century, i.e., 1930 and onward, Beaver City's mean annual temperature has cooled by 0.31 degrees Fahrenheit. Not much global warming here!

http://www.co2science.org/scripts/CO2Sc ... heweek.jsp
The face of sin today often wears the mask of tolerance.

- Thomas S. Monson
_asbestosman
_Emeritus

Re: Temperature Record of the Week.

Post by _asbestosman »

Coggins7 wrote:To bolster our claim that "There Has Been Little Net Global Warming Over the Past 70 Years," each week we highlight the temperature record of one of the 1221 U.S. Historical Climatology Network (USHCN) stations from 1930-2005.

In other words they are cherry picking. Got it.
Beaver City's mean annual temperature has cooled by 0.31 degrees Fahrenheit. Not much global warming here!

Indeed, but Beaver City is not the globe, so it has virtually no influence in determining whether there has been global warming. If you wish to disprove global warming it's simple. Find the average temperature spread out across the entire earth and then figure out if it has been rising or not.

Now granted that wouldn't prove that humans caused it, but these little local cooling stats are useless in the global debate.
That's General Leo. He could be my friend if he weren't my enemy.
eritis sicut dii
I support NCMO
_silentkid
_Emeritus

Post by _silentkid »

It's been hot in Denver the past few weeks. I find that my consumption of ice-cold Mountain Dew increases during heat waves, which increases my sugar and caffeine levels, which makes me more anxious, which makes me sleep less, which makes me grumpy.