Share your favorite alcoholic drink

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Years ago, I worked as a bartender. Now I never go to bars. In the interim, there are so many new drinks that I have never heard of before. The Tom Collins was our most ordered drink. The Harvey Wallbanger was popular back then too - sort of yucky though because it called for a licorice flavored liquor to be added. My personal favorites were candy flavored drinks like a Moscow Mule and Kahlua 'N Cream. I have successfully poured five layer Zombies before.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Blixa
_Emeritus

Post by _Blixa »

Oh, wait I forgot a couple of beers: Hatuey (you can't get the real thing in the US, don't buy the fake version) and Polar.

Also a Mojito can be pleasant, but most don't know how to make them.

I hardly drink at all anymore. Wine and an occasional beer and maybe, maybe a mixed drink if I'm out somewhere...

Not like the good old/bad old days...
From the Ernest L. Wilkinson Diaries: "ELW dreams he's spattered w/ grease. Hundreds steal his greasy pants."
_Mercury
_Emeritus

Post by _Mercury »

Dirty Gin Martini
And crawling on the planet's face
Some insects called the human race
Lost in time
And lost in space...and meaning
_silentkid
_Emeritus

Post by _silentkid »

moksha wrote:Years ago, I worked as a bartender. Now I never go to bars. In the interim, there are so many new drinks that I have never heard of before. The Tom Collins was our most ordered drink. The Harvey Wallbanger was popular back then too - sort of yucky though because it called for a licorice flavored liquor to be added. My personal favorites were candy flavored drinks like a Moscow Mule and Kahlua 'N Cream. I have successfully poured five layer Zombies before.

I'm not a big fan of the bar scene either, unless I'm with a group of friends who want to play pool or something. Drinking gets pretty expensive at bars. I used to like the Tom Collins, then I switched to the Vodka Collins, then...I don't know. I just don't order those anymore. I'm with you on licorice flavored liquor--yuck. Then again, I never liked licorice as a kid. Explain how to make the Moscow Mule if you don't mind.
_Gadianton
_Emeritus

Post by _Gadianton »

Mixed Drinks: El Nino (El Torrito makes a great one)
Beer: Heineken is a standard. Tacate. And really, I just like trying all different kinds including Ale.
Whiskey: Wild Turkey (my god silentkid, 7&7! you're tougher than I am Seagram's 7 is the nastiest stuff on the planet). Scotch, black label.
Wine: Merlot, Pinot Noir
Liquor: Jagermeister

I've had Absinthe in Europe the way it's suppose to be. Can't say it was psychedelic.
Lou Midgley 08/20/2020: "...meat wad," and "cockroach" are pithy descriptions of human beings used by gemli? They were not fashioned by Professor Peterson.

LM 11/23/2018: one can explain away the soul of human beings...as...a Meat Unit, to use Professor Peterson's clever derogatory description of gemli's ideology.
_Sam Harris
_Emeritus

Post by _Sam Harris »

Buttery Nipples are good....someone else's not my own. I'm not that flexible.

I like Amaretto Sours as well.

I had a MaiTai (if I didn't spell that right that goes to show you how much I don't drink) once, it was ok...
Each one has to find his peace from within. And peace to be real must be unaffected by outside circumstances. -Ghandi
_The Nehor
_Emeritus

Post by _The Nehor »

Polygamy Porter wrote:
The Nehor wrote:Darn, can't respond here. I did get pulled over once when a cop was me chugging an IBC Root Beer bottle while driving. My favorite is the 11 year-old cough syrup I drank not realizing how far out of date it was. I've been told that that stuff just keeps fermenting. I did focus on staying between the lines on the way home. I keep wanting to tell that story in a Word of Wisdom talk....but the Bishop might think it odd.
Goddamnit. This is a thread for adults.

I don't define adults exclusively as those who voluntarily inhibit their mental capacity :)
"Surely he knows that DCP, The Nehor, Lamanite, and other key apologists..." -Scratch clarifying my status in apologetics
"I admit it; I'm a petty, petty man." -Some Schmo
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

GIMR wrote:Buttery Nipples are good....someone else's not my own. I'm not that flexible....

Glad you clarified that before I headed to the refrigerator.

Moscow Mule

Best served in a copper cup to enhance the flavor
1 oz. Vodka
1 oz. Mountain Dew
4 oz. Ginger Beer
1 Maraschino Cherry and splash of Cherry Juice
dash angostura bitters (optional)
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_silentkid
_Emeritus

Post by _silentkid »

moksha wrote:
GIMR wrote:Buttery Nipples are good....someone else's not my own. I'm not that flexible....

Glad you clarified that before I headed to the refrigerator.

Moscow Mule

Best served in a copper cup to enhance the flavor
1 oz. Vodka
1 oz. Mountain Dew
4 oz. Ginger Beer
1 Maraschino Cherry and splash of Cherry Juice
dash angostura bitters (optional)

Awesome. I've been looking for a mixer with Mountain Dew.
_silentkid
_Emeritus

Post by _silentkid »

Gadianton wrote:(my god silentkid, 7&7! you're tougher than I am Seagram's 7 is the nastiest stuff on the planet)

Yep, it is. But it's cheap. I prefer Crown or Maker's Mark if I'm going to drink whiskey straight. I'm not a big fan of Jack. I have yet to try a single malt Scotch. Any suggestions?