Share your favorite alcoholic drink

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Doctor Steuss
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor Steuss »

Mercury wrote:Dirty Gin Martini

You better be using Stoli with that bad boy.

The one I still get cravings for (from my debauchery days) is a nice Christian Brothers and Diet Coke. Or, a nice 20 year old Spanish brandy.

Mmmmm...

*Sigh* Now, it's nothing but Tang and Milk.
"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead." ~Charles Bukowski
_Polygamy Porter
_Emeritus

Post by _Polygamy Porter »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Mercury wrote:Dirty Gin Martini

You better be using Stoli with that bad boy.

The one I still get cravings for (from my debauchery days) is a nice Christian Brothers and Diet Coke. Or, a nice 20 year old Spanish brandy.

Mmmmm...

*Sigh* Now, it's nothing but Tang and Milk.
And why may I ask is that?

Because you believe in the 1829 temperance movement that Smith regurgitated as something divine?

The ideas that Smith claimed to have been revealed from god to him were nothing new to his day. Smith was merely doing what he had done before, take someone else's ideas and regurgitate them as his own.

You have been duped.
_Doctor Steuss
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor Steuss »

Polygamy Porter wrote:And why may I ask is that?

No you may not ask. But, what the hell, I just might answer anyway.

Because you believe in the 1829 temperance movement that Smith regurgitated as something divine?

Ummm, no. I actually believe the WoW to have never been officially elevated to the status of commandment. I still smoke on occasion (it's a dang hard habit to kick for good). The reason I don’t drink is it takes a lot for me to stay "on top" of my brain and its inner-workings, and alcohol severely impairs that ability.

Not everything I do needs to be because “the Church” told me to.

The ideas that Smith claimed to have been revealed from god to him were nothing new to his day. Smith was merely doing what he had done before, take someone else's ideas and regurgitate them as his own.

I doubt "thou shalt not murder" was anything all that new in Moses' day. What's your point?

You have been duped.

You smell funny.
"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead." ~Charles Bukowski
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

GIMR wrote:Buttery Nipples are good....someone else's not my own. I'm not that flexible.

ROTFLMAO!

You're awesome!
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

Dr. Steuss wrote:Not everything I do needs to be because “the Church” told me to.

Amen!
_Polygamy Porter
_Emeritus

Doctor Steuss wrote:Ummm, no. I actually believe the WoW to have never been officially elevated to the status of commandment. I still smoke on occasion (it's a dang hard habit to kick for good).
Huh, then again, you really have no reason to have a temple recommend no?
_Doctor Steuss
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor Steuss »

Polygamy Porter wrote:
Doctor Steuss wrote:Ummm, no. I actually believe the WoW to have never been officially elevated to the status of commandment. I still smoke on occasion (it's a dang hard habit to kick for good).

I have never been to the temple. As to whether or not I will want to go one day... that's something I'm still thinking about.
_Polygamy Porter
_Emeritus

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Polygamy Porter wrote:

I have never been to the temple. As to whether or not I will want to go one day... that's something I'm still thinking about.
So, you are inactive, not married, did not serve a mission, but still defend LDS?
_Doctor Steuss
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor Steuss »

Polygamy Porter wrote:So, you are inactive,

Depends on your definition of "inactive."

not married,

I have trouble remembering to put the seat down.

did not serve a mission,

I actually did put my papers in, but I was denied because of my mental health history (this might come accross as being said in jest, but it is indeed true).

but still defend LDS?

We all need hobbies.
_Polygamy Porter
_Emeritus

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Polygamy Porter wrote:So, you are inactive,

Depends on your definition of "inactive."
May I inquire about your membership activity?

You seem similar to the poster "Why Me".

Posters like you, Why Me, Ray, etc make no sense to me.