Share your favorite alcoholic drink

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Doctor Steuss
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor Steuss »

Polygamy Porter wrote:May I inquire about your membership activity?

I usually attend about once a month, or maybe once every other month. Sometimes I'll go 4-5 months without going, and sometimes I'll go every Sunday for a couple of months. It all depends.

You seem similar to the poster "Why Me".

Posters like you, Why Me, Ray, etc make no sense to me.

If it's any consolation, I make no sense to me either.

Seriously though. I often do sit and think to myself “Why the heck am I defending this when sometimes I don’t even believe it?” The only answer I can seem to come up with is that in a way I guess I’m defending the right of my family to believe. I respect them, they’re amazing people, and Mormonism works for them… and maybe someday it will work for me the same way. *shrugs*

I dunno. 'Tis confusing being me.
"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead." ~Charles Bukowski
_Polygamy Porter
_Emeritus

Post by _Polygamy Porter »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Polygamy Porter wrote:May I inquire about your membership activity?

I usually attend about once a month, or maybe once every other month. Sometimes I'll go 4-5 months without going, and sometimes I'll go every Sunday for a couple of months. It all depends.

You seem similar to the poster "Why Me".

Posters like you, Why Me, Ray, etc make no sense to me.

If it's any consolation, I make no sense to me either.

Seriously though. I often do sit and think to myself “Why the heck am I defending this when sometimes I don’t even believe it?” The only answer I can seem to come up with is that in a way I guess I’m defending the right of my family to believe. I respect them, they’re amazing people, and Mormonism works for them… and maybe someday it will work for me the same way. *shrugs*

I dunno. 'Tis confusing being me.

Thanks for that candid response. Almost like you are living vicariously through them and their experiences that you fear you might never have?
_Doctor Steuss
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor Steuss »

Polygamy Porter wrote:Almost like you are living vicariously through them and their experiences that you fear you might never have?

Wow. I think you're new name is Polygamy Yoda. Holy smokes, my heart just sank with that comment because... it's true.

I'll probably never have the Temple marriage, might not ever have kids (they make me tired), might not ever even get married at all (not "Mormon" enough for LDS gals, and too "Mormon" for non-LDS gals).

I've definately never had the spiritual experience comfirming the "truth" of the Church. The best I've ever been able to say is "I believe..." never "I know..."

I guess in a way I envy them, and try to grasp at what they have the only way I see possible... by trying to find it the same way they did.

Damnit Porter, you've got me all depressed now.
"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead." ~Charles Bukowski
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

Steuss wrote:I'll probably never have the Temple marriage, might not ever have kids (they make me tired), might not ever even get married at all (not "Mormon" enough for LDS gals, and too "Mormon" for non-LDS gals).

I think we should play match-maker and get you and Blixa together.

;)
_Polygamy Porter
_Emeritus

Post by _Polygamy Porter »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Polygamy Porter wrote:Almost like you are living vicariously through them and their experiences that you fear you might never have?

Wow. I think you're new name is Polygamy Yoda. Holy smokes, my heart just sank with that comment because... it's true.

I'll probably never have the Temple marriage, might not ever have kids (they make me tired), might not ever even get married at all (not "Mormon" enough for LDS gals, and too "Mormon" for non-LDS gals).

I've definately never had the spiritual experience comfirming the "truth" of the Church. The best I've ever been able to say is "I believe..." never "I know..."

I guess in a way I envy them, and try to grasp at what they have the only way I see possible... by trying to find it the same way they did.

You need a drink. But only one or two... just to take the edge off.
_JAK
_Emeritus

Re: Share your favorite alcoholic drink

Post by _JAK »

Raspberry Margarita

Other Margaritas

Fine Merlots

Martini -- including sweet always with 2 olives (dirty)

Pina Colada

JAK
_Tarski
_Emeritus

Post by _Tarski »

Black Russians (no coke damn it! - just Kahlúa and Vodka!)

A variety of imported and domestic beers (not light beer)

Long island Ice tea
_KimberlyAnn
_Emeritus

Post by _KimberlyAnn »

Doctor Steuss wrote:

Doctor Steuss, I think you're the perfect match for Don Bradley. Too bad y'all aren't gay. ;)

Don't be depressed, Steuss. You're young and there's lots of time to worry about stuff like marriage. Just have fun, living your life doing what you love to do, and things will fall into place.

KA
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

Tarski wrote:Long island Ice tea

That's definitely a "hello, I'm drunk" drink. LOL

A few favorites from my heathen days:

Red wine (Cabernet Sauvignon , in particular)
Bailey's over crushed ice
Irish Coffee
Kahlua and cream (Kahlua milk shakes are great, too!)
_Doctor Steuss
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor Steuss »

KimberlyAnn wrote:Doctor Steuss, I think you're the perfect match for Don Bradley. Too bad y'all aren't gay. ;)

Don't be depressed, Steuss. You're young and there's lots of time to worry about stuff like marriage. Just have fun, living your life doing what you love to do, and things will fall into place.

KA

Silly Kimberly. Everyone knows that Don is out of my league.