Harry Potter 7, thread A ***NO SPOILERS!***

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_barrelomonkeys
_Emeritus

Post by _barrelomonkeys »

Bond...James Bond wrote:
barrelomonkeys wrote:OMG! Is it good?

Certainly is a page turner....although very dark and sad. Or maybe that's because the series is coming to a close. Or perhaps **beep and beep**. But it's really different than the structure the rest of the books followed.

Okay, well I expected it to be dark. All of her books have gotten increasingly dark as Harry went from boy to man. I'll let you back to it. I'll have mine later this afternoon. Happy Reading!
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Post by _Bond...James Bond »

Just finished.....and may I just say that sono hito was incorrect in the spoilers he posted on the other board.

PM me if you want the full details, on who does and doesn't die or whatever. I'm drained. I hammered the book out in about 10 hours. It'll take a while to absorb it all.....but it was one hell of a capstone for the series.

I will say that the first 500 pages **** *** *****......but the last 200+ pages *** **** ********. When I re-read this book I might just skip ahead and enjoy those pages again exclusively.

Edit: I've been checking spoilers so far and none of the previous leaks have it right. Dang don't these people have a lick of reading comprehension ability?
"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

From here on out, this thread will be for discussion of Harry Potter book 7, but NO SPOILERS ALLOWED! If you've read the book and want to discuss it with spoilers, see the equivalent thread.
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Polygamy Porter
_Emeritus

Post by _Polygamy Porter »

Mr. Coffee wrote:
Who Knows wrote:
Mr. Coffee wrote:I wonder how pissed off people around here would get if I posted the full deathlist for HP7....

VERY PISSED! Why would you even think of doing such a thing?

I'm an ASSHOLE-E-O-E-O! I'M AN ASSHOLE, THE WORLD'S BIGGEST ASSHOLE!
A!.. S.. S.. H... O... L.. E... yeah yeah

Great Leery tune.
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

I bought the book at the beach, and have been riveted.

I'm a slow reader, though, and also had to manage chasing a 3 year old around the beach part of the time, so I'm only on page 430, but it's awesome!

It's very fast-paced, and a lot of things are being explained!

No spoilers here, so I'll only say that I'm just learning what the "Deathly Hallows" are.

;)

For Harry Potter fans, it's a great read!

I was too tired last night, but I'll probably give in and read the rest tonight. I was naughty and brought the book to work with me.

I'll probably read some during my lunch.
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

liz3564 wrote:I bought the book at the beach, and have been riveted.

I'm a slow reader, though, and also had to manage chasing a 3 year old around the beach part of the time, so I'm only on page 430, but it's awesome!

That's a SLOW reader? Hell, it would take me a couple of weeks to get to page 430.
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_barrelomonkeys
_Emeritus

I am on page 350 now and it's slow going because everytime I put it down my 11 year old snatches it up! It's a bit slow and I'm feeling a bit like Ron at this point!
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

barrelomonkeys wrote:I am on page 350 now and it's slow going because everytime I put it down my 11 year old snatches it up! It's a bit slow and I'm feeling a bit like Ron at this point!

Buy your 11 year old her own copy and lock yourself somewhere you can read uninterrupted! LOL

A pesky thing called work is keeping me from really reading full-force, but I'm on Chapter 23.."******** *****", and it's really action-packed!

Hang in!

;)
_barrelomonkeys
_Emeritus

liz3564 wrote:
barrelomonkeys wrote:I am on page 350 now and it's slow going because everytime I put it down my 11 year old snatches it up! It's a bit slow and I'm feeling a bit like Ron at this point!

Buy your 11 year old her own copy and lock yourself somewhere you can read uninterrupted! LOL

A pesky thing called work is keeping me from really reading full-force, but I'm on Chapter 23.."******** *****", and it's really action-packed!

Hang in!

;)

Yah, I should! But then I'd have to leave the house! ;)
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

liz3564 wrote:[A pesky thing called work is keeping me from really reading full-force, but I'm on Chapter 23.."******** *****", and it's really action-packed!

Liz:

"No spoilers" really does mean no spoilers.

Love ya!

--Louis Midgley