Harry Potter 7, thread A ***NO SPOILERS!***

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_barrelomonkeys
_Emeritus

Post by _barrelomonkeys »

Shaving your balls with a butcher knife for Dummies? :O

Silly.
_Bryan Inks
_Emeritus

Post by _Bryan Inks »

Dr. Shades wrote:
KimberlyAnn wrote:Yee Haw! I just finished it!

My daughter read it first and I got to start reading last night. It's a great read!

How the Hell can you people read a book that long in less than a day??

I'll never figure it out. A book like that takes me about a month.

I finished it in about 5 hours or so.

Picked up my copy at 3:30 am (way after all the crowds were gone) and was home by 4 am. . . My wife swears up and down that I went to bed at 9:30 am after having stayed up to finish it.
_Bryan Inks
_Emeritus

Post by _Bryan Inks »

Bond...James Bond wrote:
KimberlyAnn wrote: read To Kill A Mockingbird in the fifth grade and it took only a few hours.

Alright I can buy that....

I read The Stand in a day or so in about tenth grade.

Alright.....Malarkey....I want video evidence of this. (Unless it was the "small" version of 500 pages or whatever.....if you're talking about the 1100 page version I'm definitely calling BS)

Edit: On second thought I'm assuming it was the 500 page version since the big version didn't come out until recently.....so I guess I can buy that. I have after all read books of equivalent length in a day's time.

Maybe she has a quick eye?

Last time I was tested for reading speed/comprehension, they ended up doing the math about 12 times because they weren't sure it was accurate.

Reading for Information: 9,750 words per minute with 100% comprehension/retention.

Reading for Enjoyment: 11,980 words per minute with 99.98% comprehension/retention.

Now, granted, I haven't been tested since I was a Sophmore in High School, but I'm constantly reading and I seriously doubt that my skills have dropped.
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Post by _Bond...James Bond »

Bryan Inks wrote:Last time I was tested for reading speed/comprehension, they ended up doing the math about 12 times because they weren't sure it was accurate.

Reading for Information: 9,750 words per minute with 100% comprehension/retention.

Reading for Enjoyment: 11,980 words per minute with 99.98% comprehension/retention.

Now, granted, I haven't been tested since I was a Sophmore in High School, but I'm constantly reading and I seriously doubt that my skills have dropped.

That settles it....your a robot.
"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07