Harry Potter 7, thread A ***NO SPOILERS!***

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_KimberlyAnn
_Emeritus

Post by _KimberlyAnn »

Dr. Shades wrote:
KimberlyAnn wrote:Yee Haw! I just finished it!

My daughter read it first and I got to start reading last night. It's a great read!

How the Hell can you people read a book that long in less than a day??

I'll never figure it out. A book like that takes me about a month.

I don't know how I can read so fast, but I've been able to for as long as I can remember. I read To Kill A Mockingbird in the fifth grade and it took only a few hours. I made perfect scores on comprehension, too. I read The Stand in a day or so in about tenth grade. I still remember what I read to this day. I'm a person of limited talent, so I take my ability to read quickly seriously! No dawdling for me. :)

Dr. Shades, how long 'till you're able to wrest the book from your stepchildren? Do they read as slowly as you? It may be Christmas before you finally dig into book seven!

Do you want me to send you my copy? It's on the shelf already collecting dust.

KA
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Post by _Bond...James Bond »

KimberlyAnn wrote: read To Kill A Mockingbird in the fifth grade and it took only a few hours.

Alright I can buy that....

I read The Stand in a day or so in about tenth grade.

Alright.....Malarkey....I want video evidence of this. (Unless it was the "small" version of 500 pages or whatever.....if you're talking about the 1100 page version I'm definitely calling BS)

Edit: On second thought I'm assuming it was the 500 page version since the big version didn't come out until recently.....so I guess I can buy that. I have after all read books of equivalent length in a day's time.
"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07
_KimberlyAnn
_Emeritus

Post by _KimberlyAnn »

Bond...James Bond wrote:
KimberlyAnn wrote: read To Kill A Mockingbird in the fifth grade and it took only a few hours.

Alright I can buy that....

I read The Stand in a day or so in about tenth grade.

Alright.....Malarkey....I want video evidence of this. (Unless it was the "small" version of 500 pages or whatever.....if you're talking about the 1100 page version I'm definitely calling BS)

Edit: On second thought I'm assuming it was the 500 page version since the big version didn't come out until recently.....so I guess I can buy that. I have after all read books of equivalent length in a day's time.

It was probably the shorter version, Bond. I was in tenth grade almost nineteen years ago. I'm old, remember? Also, I said a day or so. I recall reading it in less than two full days, at any rate.

KA
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

KimberlyAnn wrote:It was probably the shorter version, Bond. I was in tenth grade almost nineteen years ago. I'm old, remember? Also, I said a day or so. I recall reading it in less than two full days, at any rate.

KA

What.....I only remember bits and pieces, but I was told/(shocked in the belief) that you were like 23 or something.....in fact my brainwashers are still working on getting figuring out how a 23 year old has kids nearly teenagery.

Yeah I think it must have been the shorter version, the long version (which is a real bitch of a read) was released in 1990.
"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

Dr. Shades wrote:
KimberlyAnn wrote:Yee Haw! I just finished it!

My daughter read it first and I got to start reading last night. It's a great read!

How the Hell can you people read a book that long in less than a day??

I'll never figure it out. A book like that takes me about a month.

Normally, I would agree with you. But the book is such a page-turner, it's just hard to put down. You just want to keep reading until you absolutely can't read anymore.
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Someone came up with a really interesting idea.

He or she came up with the concept of fake book covers for men to put over their Harry Potter books so that they wouldn't lose their "manly" image if they read Harry Potter in public.

Check 'em out:

http://www.pointlesswasteoftime.com/pottercovers.html
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

ROTFLCACUAL!!!!!!!

(That's "rolling on the floor laughing, crying, and coughing up a lung!!")
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Make ABSOLUTELY SURE to read not just the titles, but the endorsements on the back covers as well!
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_KimberlyAnn
_Emeritus

Post by _KimberlyAnn »

Dr. Shades wrote:Make ABSOLUTELY SURE to read not just the titles, but the endorsements on the back covers as well!

I opened the link and got a ton of pop-ups on my screen and they wouldn't go away! I tried to close them, but they just kept multiplying. Finally, I had to shut off the internet. GRRRRRRR...

KA
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Dr. Shades wrote:Make ABSOLUTELY SURE to read not just the titles, but the endorsements on the back covers as well!

That's the best part....."My wife read one page, screamed, and grew a cock!" Classic stuff.