Baby Names-any ideas?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Sam Harris
_Emeritus

Post by _Sam Harris »

When I have girls, I want them to have Hebrew names, as mine is. Hadassah is one of my first choices. Bethsaida is another, but that's the name of a city...can still work though.

I like Irish names, too. Regan is pretty...
Each one has to find his peace from within. And peace to be real must be unaffected by outside circumstances. -Ghandi
_Seven
_Emeritus

Post by _Seven »

Bond...James Bond wrote:I always liked Sophia.

That is one of my favorite girl names right now.
Last edited by Shadrak on Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Happiness is the object and design of our existence...
That which is wrong under one circumstance, may be, and often is, right under another." Joseph Smith
_Seven
_Emeritus

Post by _Seven »

GIMR wrote:When I have girls, I want them to have Hebrew names, as mine is. Hadassah is one of my first choices. Bethsaida is another, but that's the name of a city...can still work though.

I like Irish names, too. Regan is pretty...

edit
Last edited by Shadrak on Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Post by _Bond...James Bond »

Seven wrote:

That is one of my favorite girl names right now. About a year ago I told my husband if we ever had another girl that we had to name her Sophia. He even said it was an "OK name." (which for him means he likes it!) Then a close family member went and named his dog "Sophie." Now I don't think I can use that name anymore without the family making a big stink about it.

Well let's examine the evidence.....dogs live 10-15 years. People live 80 years. If you were to name your daughter that your close family member's dog would be dead and he'd go through a few more after that before your daughter even gets old. Heck if you like the name, and your husband is agreeable to it....go for it. What's more important a dog or your kid! And if the family makes a stink about it.....tell them to shove the kid up their ass and pop it out again and then they can name it.
"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07
_Sam Harris
_Emeritus

Post by _Sam Harris »

India is pretty. There's some celeb who has daughters named Indigo and Azure.

I like Rain. :-)

Congrats on the new baby and the ones preceeding. :-)

Personal question, you don't have to answer if you don't want to, but I'm really scared about this now that I've had a spinal tap. Have you had an epidural? Do they really hurt, or are you in so much pain while in labor you don't really notice? Because I was hollering when they stuck that needle in my back, and I'm not sure I can go through that again.
Each one has to find his peace from within. And peace to be real must be unaffected by outside circumstances. -Ghandi
_Seven
_Emeritus

Post by _Seven »

Bond...James Bond wrote:
Seven wrote:

That is one of my favorite girl names right now. About a year ago I told my husband if we ever had another girl that we had to name her Sophia. He even said it was an "OK name." (which for him means he likes it!) Then a close family member went and named his dog "Sophie." Now I don't think I can use that name anymore without the family making a big stink about it.

Well let's examine the evidence.....dogs live 10-15 years. People live 80 years. If you were to name your daughter that your close family member's dog would be dead and he'd go through a few more after that before your daughter even gets old. Heck if you like the name, and your husband is agreeable to it....go for it. What's more important a dog or your kid! And if the family makes a stink about it.....tell them to shove the kid up their ass and pop it out again and then they can name it.

LOL!! Great point about the life expectancy of the dog.

I think it's also wise if I don't tell the family our name until she comes out. That way it will be much harder for them to complain about it if they are looking right at her. Sometimes that doesn't even work though. With our last child we made up her name and didn't tell anybody until she was born. (it's very unusual) I was watching the birth video and my FIL was caught on camera saying "what kind of name is that?"
"Happiness is the object and design of our existence...
That which is wrong under one circumstance, may be, and often is, right under another." Joseph Smith
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Post by _Bond...James Bond »

Seven wrote:I was watching the birth video and my FIL was caught on camera saying "what kind of name is that?"

If that were to happen this time just yell, "THAT'S THE NAME OF YOUR damned GRANDDAUGHTER YOU INCONSIDERATE PRICK!!!!! I'M LAYING RIGHT HERE AND I JUST crap A 7 POUND SQUIRMING BUNDLE OF LIFE OUT OF A HOLE THAT'S BEEN STRETCHED MANY TIMES IT'S NORMAL SIZE!!!! LAY DOWN AND CRAP A SEVEN POUND TURD THAT YOU'VE BEEN FERMENTING FOR THE PAST 9 MONTHS!!!!! IF YOU CAN'T THEN SIT DOWN AND SHUT THE “F” UP!!!!!"

Then blame it on the epideral.
"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07
_barrelomonkeys
_Emeritus

Post by _barrelomonkeys »

Seven wrote:
Very pretty names. Regan is on my list. I also like Ireland, India (can call her Indie for short), Avonlea, and Daria. Those are the top names on my list so far but I have many more. Her middle name will be "Rain" or "Sage."

My 11 year old daughter is India Grace. :)
_sailgirl7
_Emeritus

Post by _sailgirl7 »

Her middle name will be "Rain" or "Sage."

My youngest is Rayna- I loved "Rain" but changed it a little. :)
_barrelomonkeys
_Emeritus

Post by _barrelomonkeys »

GIMR wrote:India is pretty. There's some celeb who has daughters named Indigo and Azure.

I like Rain. :-)

Congrats on the new baby and the ones preceeding. :-)

Personal question, you don't have to answer if you don't want to, but I'm really scared about this now that I've had a spinal tap. Have you had an epidural? Do they really hurt, or are you in so much pain while in labor you don't really notice? Because I was hollering when they stuck that needle in my back, and I'm not sure I can go through that again.

My epidural experience is they didn't hurt. I waited until I was pretty far along in labor and the contractions were so uncomfortable that the epidural didn't faze me. My husband on the other hand gets green as he holds me when he sees the needle. ;)