Baby Names-any ideas?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Seven
_Emeritus

Baby Names-any ideas?

Post by _Seven »

I am due anytime now with a baby girl. (my 4th kid) We still do not have a name. I love unique names and have a long list but nothing has really popped out as "the one." Any great name ideas that are uncommon?
I would love your suggestions. :) I'm getting nervous that I haven't picked a name yet.
"Happiness is the object and design of our existence...
That which is wrong under one circumstance, may be, and often is, right under another." Joseph Smith
_sailgirl7
_Emeritus

Post by _sailgirl7 »

How exciting that you are almost due. :) When is your exact due date?

I love unique names as well and I gave very different names to my girls.

Have you tried all the websites like:
http://www.babynamesgarden.com/uniquebabynames.aspx
http://www.babynameworld.com/unique.asp

Good luck- it's hard to pick out names, huh?
_barrelomonkeys
_Emeritus

Post by _barrelomonkeys »

Seven, how exciting and congratulations! I usually try to name my children unique names and it rarely works out that way. My last son I named had the number one name of 2006 for his first name and his middle name was number 2 on the list! Oops!

It is hard to pick names, it's usually down to the wire at my home. The hardest part for me is trying to find a compromise with my husband. Although I always get my way in the end. Good luck with your pregnancy and take it easy. :)
_Who Knows
_Emeritus

Post by _Who Knows »

Well, heh, I'm partial to Who Knows, but it's not for everybody.

How about the name 'Seven'? Or Deuteronomy?

Seriously though, my wife liked the names Kinsey or Kennedy for our last girl. We didn't use either name, but they're fairly unique.
WK: "Joseph Smith asserted that the Book of Mormon peoples were the original inhabitants of the americas"
Will Schryver: "No, he didn’t." 3/19/08
Still waiting for Will to back this up...
_Seven
_Emeritus

Post by _Seven »

sailgirl7 wrote:How exciting that you are almost due. :) When is your exact due date?

I love unique names as well and I gave very different names to my girls.

Have you tried all the websites like:
http://www.babynamesgarden.com/uniquebabynames.aspx
http://www.babynameworld.com/unique.asp

Good luck- it's hard to pick out names, huh?

Thanks for the links!
Last edited by Shadrak on Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
That which is wrong under one circumstance, may be, and often is, right under another." Joseph Smith
_Seven
_Emeritus

Post by _Seven »

Who Knows wrote:Well, heh, I'm partial to Who Knows, but it's not for everybody.

How about the name 'Seven'? Or Deuteronomy?

Seriously though, my wife liked the names Kinsey or Kennedy for our last girl. We didn't use either name, but they're fairly unique.

I think "Seven" is kind of a pretty name and it was that famous Seinfeld episode that partly inspired my screenname.
Last edited by Shadrak on Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_Blixa
_Emeritus

Post by _Blixa »

If my husband and I had had children we would have named a girl Phillipa. I love the diminutive, Pippa, and he's partial to the name as his 2nd grade British sweetheart's.
From the Ernest L. Wilkinson Diaries: "ELW dreams he's spattered w/ grease. Hundreds steal his greasy pants."
_Seven
_Emeritus

Post by _Seven »

barrelomonkeys wrote:Seven, how exciting and congratulations! I usually try to name my children unique names and it rarely works out that way. My last son I named had the number one name of 2006 for his first name and his middle name was number 2 on the list! Oops!

It is hard to pick names, it's usually down to the wire at my home. The hardest part for me is trying to find a compromise with my husband. Although I always get my way in the end. Good luck with your pregnancy and take it easy. :)

edit
Last edited by Shadrak on Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
_Seven
_Emeritus

Post by _Seven »

Blixa wrote:If my husband and I had had children we would have named a girl Phillipa. I love the diminutive, Pippa, and he's partial to the name as his 2nd grade British sweetheart's.

Those are so cute!
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Post by _Bond...James Bond »

I always liked Sophia.
"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07