Harry Potter 7, thread B (spoilers allowed)

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Post by _Bond...James Bond »

http://www.hatrack.com/misc/who-is-snape.shtml

Interesting article on the progression of the character Snape....
"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07
_Jason Bourne
_Emeritus

Post by _Jason Bourne »

Bond...James Bond wrote:Hasn't anyone finished yet?

I must admit I was quite surprised that Snape was good. I really thought he was bad. I was touched that Harry later referred to him as one of the bravest men he knew.

I liked the book bout the middle 150 pages or so were a real slow go.

I say well done to Ms. Rowling on a a captivating series, one I read to and with three of my four children. I am sad they have come to a close.
_Who Knows
_Emeritus

Post by _Who Knows »

Heh. Just finished reading it. Am I late to the party?

Question - at the end, Neville kills the snake with the sword of gryfindor right? where did he get it? i thought the goblin ran off with it.

Also, the last chapter '19 years' was pretty lame. who wished it was not included? it just seemed a little too 'perfect' for me. and it didn't even tell us what harry's job was.

I thought the book was 'ok'. Part of that though, was due to some stooopid little 10 year old biatch in walmart. As i was standing in line to pay for it, this little girl in line in front of me, turned to her mom and said "i know what happens 19 years later - harry has a son who goes to hogwarts'. I was so pissed! So i basically knew what was going to happen. Oh well. It was still fun.
WK: "Joseph Smith asserted that the Book of Mormon peoples were the original inhabitants of the americas"
Will Schryver: "No, he didn’t." 3/19/08
Still waiting for Will to back this up...
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Who Knows wrote:
Question - at the end, Neville kills the snake with the sword of gryfindor right? where did he get it? I thought the goblin ran off with it.

The Sword will always come to the hat if a true Griffindor is in need.

Also, the last chapter '19 years' was pretty lame. who wished it was not included? it just seemed a little too 'perfect' for me. and it didn't even tell us what harry's job was.

Totally agree....the "epilogue" was pretty crappy.

I thought the book was 'ok'. Part of that though, was due to some stooopid little 10 year old biatch in walmart. As I was standing in line to pay for it, this little girl in line in front of me, turned to her mom and said "I know what happens 19 years later - harry has a son who goes to hogwarts'. I was so pissed! So I basically knew what was going to happen. Oh well. It was still fun.

That little crap!!!!!
"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07
_KimberlyAnn
_Emeritus

Post by _KimberlyAnn »

Who Knows wrote: Part of that though, was due to some stooopid little 10 year old biatch in walmart. As I was standing in line to pay for it, this little girl in line in front of me, turned to her mom and said "I know what happens 19 years later - harry has a son who goes to hogwarts'. I was so pissed! So I basically knew what was going to happen. Oh well. It was still fun.

Who Knows, I promise that wasn't one of my kids!

KA
_Who Knows
_Emeritus

Post by _Who Knows »

Yes, I'm still pissed. Can you believe the nerve? And the mother didn't even say anything.

15 little words, that took about 4 seconds to say - ruined the whole book. I didn't even have time to say 'hey, shut up you little bitch'. From this, i knew that harry lived, he married ginny, and hogwarts was still operating.

And I had done so well to avoid any spoilers.

Apparently rowling's coming out with an 'encyclopedia'? anyone interested in that?
WK: "Joseph Smith asserted that the Book of Mormon peoples were the original inhabitants of the americas"
Will Schryver: "No, he didn’t." 3/19/08
Still waiting for Will to back this up...
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Who Knows wrote:Apparently rowling's coming out with an 'encyclopedia'? anyone interested in that?

I am....she apparently had backstories to many characters that were never released during the course of the books.....and I'd like to know some more backstories (or the future of some characters if she choses to release that information this way).
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Whew! I just got finished reading Book 7 tonight.

Liz3564 wrote:I knew Snape was good. She seemed to be leaning that way.

Actually, Snape was a "he," not a "she." :-)

And I loved the fact that Harry named one of his sons Albus Servius. ;)

Actually, the name was "Severus," not "Servius."

Who Knows wrote:Question - at the end, Neville kills the snake with the sword of gryfindor right? where did he get it? I thought the goblin ran off with it.

That was my HUGE question as well. But I guess Bond...James Bond answered it. Were Who Knows and I the only ones with that question?

Who Knows wrote:Also, the last chapter '19 years' was pretty lame. who wished it was not included? it just seemed a little too 'perfect' for me. and it didn't even tell us what harry's job was.

Bond...James Bond wrote:I am....she apparently had backstories to many characters that were never released during the course of the books.....and I'd like to know some more backstories (or the future of some characters if she choses to release that information this way).

Believe it or not, she did release the future of some of the main characters. She revealed the occupations of the big three, etc. She also revealed who "Victoire" was. See:

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/19959323/
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Dr. Shades wrote:
Bond...James Bond wrote:I am....she apparently had backstories to many characters that were never released during the course of the books.....and I'd like to know some more backstories (or the future of some characters if she choses to release that information this way).

Believe it or not, she did release the future of some of the main characters. She revealed the occupations of the big three, etc. She also revealed who "Victoire" was. See:

Yeah I saw that some time ago. I'm glad she gave up some more information. It really helps make up for that crappy epilogue.
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

Bond...James Bond wrote:
Dr. Shades wrote:

Yeah I saw that some time ago. I'm glad she gave up some more information. It really helps make up for that crappy epilogue.

Thanks for sharing that with us, Shades!

BOND!

You deserve a SWAT for not telling me about that!

;)